Two

Bandmate?

[Chaeyoung’s POV]

 

It all happened too fast. How the four of us become close. Our band is named Blackpink because I love the color pink and Jennie unnie loves the color black, so Jisoo being 4D just combined our favorite color and boom it become Blackpink. Jennie and Lisa always bickering with each other and Jisoo always added spices to whatever they are arguing about. Chaeyoung loves her new circle, how her three friends treated her like she has always been part of the gang. Today they’re going to Jisoo’s house to spend their night together, which Lisa called ‘bonding time’ between them. Since Jisoo lives alone most of the time because her parents always gone for business trip, her older brother is in the military, and her older sister has already married last year, Jisoo’s house is chosen.

 

“What should I bring for tonight?” Jennie unnie suddenly asked when we’re walking in the hallway.

 

“Chicken!!” Jisoo unnie shouts. This girl’s love for chicken is unbelieveable, how I wish she could give some of her love for chicken to me. Well, it won’t happened though, I heard Jisoo unnie is uninterested in anyone and never been in any relationship. Yeah, I do have feelings for Jisoo unnie, but I don’t even know if she interested in girls and I don’t want to risk anything.

 

“Hey Rosie, what are you thinking about?” Lisa asked me, snapping me out of my thought.

 

“Hmm nothing, let’s go! I need to finish my homework first before having fun tonight” I changed the subject and dragged Lisa along with me.

 

“Wait for us! Aish these two maknaes.” Jisoo unnie shouts.

 

“You’re just too old Jisoo.” Jennie unnie said.

 

“Yah! I’m older than you!”

 

Time flies so fast that now we are all now in Jisoo’s couch watching Netflix while eating some chicken. We’re having marathon watching Sixth Sense and we’re in our fifth episode. Jisoo unnie haven’t guess anything right since the first episode while Jennie unnie has guess three right while me and Lisa only guess one right. This show is so funny but watching it in marathon is really exhausting. It’s one o’clock midnight when the fifth episode ends. Lisa and Jennie unnie is already asleep and Jisoo unnie just came back from the bathroom.

 

“Are they asleep?” Jisoo unnie asked me.

 

“Yeah I guess, I think we should go to sleep too. What are we going to do with them?”

 

“Just let them be, don’t try to wake them up and asked them to sleep in the room because you’ll be facing a sudden Bruce Lee.” Jisoo unnie laughs.

 

“It seems like you have a quite experience doing that unnie.”

 

“Yeah, going to school with back eye like a panda for two days.”

 

“Maybe panda suits you better than bunny.” I smile. We are having a staring contest for 30 seconds straight when Jisoo unnie decided to break it.

 

“I’m going to my room to sleep. Are you going to sleep in the couch with those two or are you going to sleep with me? I have a guest room though but I don’t think it’s clean enough since the last time it was used is 2 years ago when my cousin visited us in Christmas.” Jisoo unnie said. I really don’t want to sleep in the couch and have my back ached tomorrow. But sleeping with my crush? Damn I don’t think I could sleep being that close to her.

 

“Don’t worry, I have a queen size bed.” As if she could hear my thought, Jisoo unnie blurted that out.

 

“Okay I’ll sleep with you unnie.” Damn I’m not going to sleep tonight.

 

[Jisoo’s POV]

 

Okay I dug my own grave. Sleeping with Chae in one bed? How am I going to sleep? But I’m not going to let her sleep in the couch nor sleep in the guest room. Maybe I should just act cool about this.

 

“I’ll sleep here and you could sleep in the other side. Goodnight Chae.” I said while walking to the right side of my bed. I close my eyes trying to sleep and I feel the bed moved, indicating Chaeyoung is in bed now. I tried to sleep for 15 minutes but I can’t, and now it’s raining outside too. God how am I going to sleep with Chaeyoung beside me and the thunder outside didn’t help either. Suddenly I heard a sniff from my left side. Is it Chae? Don’t tell me she’s afraid of thunder.

 

“Chae? Are you okay?”

 

“I-I’m okay un..” Chae’s words is being cut when a loud thunder boomed.

 

“I see, you’re afraid of thunder huh?” I didn’t hear any response from Chaeyoung, I guess she is embarassed.

 

“Aigoo come here baby, let unnie protect you.” I moved closer to Chaeyoung and wrapped my arms around her, hugging her while she put her head in the crook of my neck and hugged me back.

 

“Thankyou unnie, I really hate thunder.” Chaeyoung mumbled out.

 

“It’s okay. Now let’s try to sleep okay?” I smiled, trying to be calm. But I know that my heart is beating very fast and loud. I could feel Chaeyoung’s hot breath in my neck. I hope she doesn’t hear my heartbeat, it will be going to be awkward if she does.

 

“Unnie, can I ask you a question?” Chaeyoung asked in a low voice.

 

“Hmm, what is it?”

 

“How come you are still single?” I could hear her questioning voice.

 

“I don’t do relationship Chae, I don’t like commitment. I thought you know already?”

 

“Yeah, I heard that a lot unnie, but I mean why? Why don’t you like commitment?”

 

“I don’t know. I just don’t Chae.”

 

“But have you even tried unnie?”

 

“No, because I know it won’t work well.”

 

“You should just try it unnie, give it a chance.” Chaeyoung said in a voice that sounds like hope? I don’t know. I mean many people have asked me about this and I never give them any satisfication in my answer. I really don’t like relationship, seeing how many people around me hurt because of toxic relationship. I know there are many relationships that are going well, but I guess I’m too coward to take the risk.

 

“I have rejected every single person who confessed to me Chae and we’re in our senior year. I guess there won’t be anyone interested in me that I haven’t reject” I laugh. It’s true though, I just rejected a junior yesterday. What’s her name again? Yuna? Or Yena” Or maybe Mina? I don’t really remember.

 

“So you’ll try to date anyone that confessed to you next?” Chaeyoung challenged me.

 

“Are you challenging me Park? Well, I don’t want to date some random freak. I know you and Lisa will make a prank asking some random guy to ask me on a date if I said yes Chae.”

 

“Nope, I won’t tell Lisa or make any prank to you unnie. If there are a genuinely good person who asked you out on a date, will you go out with him?” Chaeyoung asked.

 

“Her. And no, I won’t go out with her in an instant. She needs to court me and prove herself to me.” My answer make Chaeyoung pull away from me and frowns.

 

“I always thought that you liked guys unnie.”

 

“Nope. I guess I’m bi but I prefer girls more. Are you uncomfortable Chae?” I asked. I’m worried that she will be uncomfortable sleeping in the same bed with me after this. Chaeyoung didn’t answer me for the next 2 minutes. She seemed to be deep in thought and it really make me worried. Is she disgusted with me now? I mean hey Chaeyoung is somehow come from a conservative family from what she told me that back in Australia, her parents will ask her with who and where she is going and when she is going home. Hell she even needed to come home before 8, isn’t it usually 10?

 

“Let me court you unnie.” Chaeyoung suddenly said that make me shocked.

 

“What? You like me?” I frowned. Chaeyoung blushed and nod.

 

“I always thought that I never had a chance with you because you’re straight. And now you’re telling me you prefer girls over boys, I think I still have a chance even though you don’t do relationship. Give me a chance?” Chaeyoung said with those puppy eyes. How could I say no to that?

 

“O-okay… But…” I said in a low voice, unsure how to answer her confession. Chaeyoung smiles so bright after hearing my answer and hugged me.

 

“I’ll make sure you’ll be mine unnie, just wait. I’ll prove myself to you. Goodnight Chu.” Chaeyoung kissed my cheek and put her head back to the crook of my neck. God my crush is having crush on me? Maybe this time I’ll ended up with a girlfriend. Was it worth a try? I hope so. I hugged Chaeyoung closer to me, scared that this is all just a dream. The only reason I don’t want to do relationship is that all the person that I liked never have the same feeling for me or they’re dating other person. That’s why I can’t accept any of the suitor I had, because if I don’t have the same feeling with them, I believe the relationship won’t last long, I don’t believe on how love will grow. I am the kind of person who believe love at the first sight. Call me weird but I believe a relationship will last long only if two people have the same feeling from the start. I already have a feeling for Chaeyoung so if Chaeyoung did like me too, why don’t give it a try? With that, I smiled and drifted to dreamland. Maybe this is the start of something new.