five.

Moonlight Melody
Please log in to read the full chapter

Joohyun returned to work the following Monday without worrying too much of what happened a couple of days ago. She happily greeted Wendy like always.

"Good morning, Wendy."

"Morning, Joohyun. By the way, Mr. Park would like to speak with you in his office when you clocked in."

"As in right now?"

"Yes."

"Okay, thank you."

Joohyun cast Wendy a smile before heading to Jinyoung's office. Joohyun thought of many reasons on why he could've called for her, but none of them ended nicely. She thought of the two special agents' visit and hoped it wasn't that, or yet the incident that happened in the park. She sighed feeling anxious and nervous. When Joohyun arrived outside Jinyoung's office, she knocked until she heard a 'come in', and entered the large room. She was greeted by a pensive looking Jinyoung

"Good morning, Mr. Park."

"Morning."

He motioned for her to take a seat. Just as she sat he asked a question right away.

"Why don't you carry around a MOLDIR bag, Ms. Bae?"

"Pardon?"

Jinyoung repeated his question with a calmer tone and relaxed manner.

"Oh, I just never thought about it, Mr. Park."

"It's been a little over a month since you've started, perhaps, do you not own one?"

"No, I actually do own one, but I've hardly used it since receiving it."

"Great to hear. That's lovely to know. Starting tomorrow please use the bag whenever you come in for work."

Joohyun wasn't sure why that was a big deal, but figured it might just be to promote the brand within it's employees on the outside. Still, her lead supervisor looked just as well as he always did, but had figured he would ask her about that incident at the park. Joohyun recalled Flesh's words and assumed the gemstone had taken care of the whole thing.

"Yes, sir. Is that what you wanted to speak to me about?"

"No."

"Um, what else is there you would like to discuss?"

"Ah, yes. Please order lunch for all the departments today as well as for our meetings. The lists should be ready for you to take care of it. We'll be having our last meeting for the showroom this Friday to discuss the final arrangements."

"Isn't Bogum usually in charged of doing that?"

"Well, Bogum is taking care of other things per Jaejoong and unavailable. I'm too busy with other projects on top of this one. So I'm assigning you this minor task due to your accountability and for the fact that I know you'll get it done right away."

Jinyoung then slid a platinum silver card across his desk towards Joohyun with a bright smile.

"You can use this for the time being, Ms. Bae."

"Alright. All set."

Joohyun told herself after having placed a meal set at each seat around one end of table as there weren't going to be that many people sitting in on the meeting. Joohyun gathered a variety of non-alcoholic beverages to ensure quality thinking without being under the influence. She also included silverware, napkins, and other things to make it more accommodating. She even set the cart with extras to the side if wanted more.

"Thank you, Ms. Bae." Jinyoung thanked her as he arrived first to check up on her and ready for the meeting.

He handed Joohyun a piece of paper.

"By the way this is your list of work assignments to do after checking on the products' log for the showroom this Friday."

"Ah, yes, sir."

"Wonderful. Now, please grab yourself something to eat, too, before returning to work."

"Will, do, sir. Thank you."

Jinyoung cast her a smile as Joohyun did as told.

Joohyun had just finished relieving herself after eating lunch and was about to exit the bathroom stall when she overheard Jisoo's name being brought up by some of their other female colleagues as they entered the restroom. Joohyun realized that Jisoo wasn't in today, no mentioned of her, and wondered if she was permanently let go. Soon Joohyun recognized the voices to be, Yeeun, Yeonjoo, Eunsoo, and Sonee.

"Kim Jisoo got let go because she tried to hook up with Mr. Prince."

Eunsoo spoke first while using the nickname they call Jinyoung by with the other three gasping in shock.

"What?"

"No way."

"You're lying."

Eunsoo continued.

"I'm not. It's the truth. Well, that's what I heard from Lisa."

Eunsoo chuckled before speaking again.

"Anyways, forget her. Did y'all hear about that Joohyun girl was invited to Jinyoung's office."

"The New Girl was alone with Mr. Prince his office? No way."

Yeeun spoke next followed by Sonee.

"Yeah, it's true! I even heard that she even used his platinum."

"You're joking, right?"

Yeonjoo asked with a disgusted tone.

"There's no way she's in the same league as him."

Sonee continued from before.

"He asked her to buy lunch. He could've asked me. I would've done it."

The other three dismissed her as Eunsoo spoke while the quartet re-touched their makeup instead of actually using the bathroom.

"Do y'all remember the second week where her fashion sense was total nonsense?"

"Oh, yeah." Yeeun agreed.

"It was like she got them out of a vintage boutique going out of business."

Joohyun frowned at the memory. It wasn't a fond one, but it wasn't like she had wanted it to happen that way either. At the time she had bitten into one of wishing rubies for the latest fashion trend from the magazine her mother had given her, but didn't realized it was dated from a decade ago. With the same gem a small bite reverted her back to her previous wardrobe after being teased a day later. Joohyun didn't get why she even wanted to change up her style to something not her in the first place.

"She's so plain and weird." Yeonjoo stated with a proud tone.

"I have better fashion sense than her."

"I heard she slept her way through the screening to get the job." Sonee gossiped.

"No way?"

The others gasped.

"How?"

"Yeah, well it was because of Bogum. He said something the next day that she started." Sonee explained.

"I knew her innocent act was a gimmick. She's a really cunning woman." Yeeun spat out with a bitter tone.

"Bogum was right about her," Eunsoo made a disgusted face, "We definitely need to watch out for her."

"I wouldn't worry so much."

Yeonjoo calmly assured them.

"Bogum said that she was on her way out soon."

"Why?" The others asked.

"I heard his girlfriend, Lee Hyeri, will be starting soon. Yeonjoo explained.

The four continued to talk as they continued doing their make-up.

"Why would she work here?"

"Yeah, I mean, wasn't she modeling, too?"

"Oh, no, I heard that someone else was chosen instead of her."

"What? No way. You're totally lying about that!"

"I'm not lying!"

"Wow, that's just so sad."

"Who could be more fitting than her?"

"It's because I overheard Bogum blaming that Bae Joohyun for taking his girlfriend's spot."

"Wait, so you're saying that it should've been Lee Hyeri and not Bae Joohyun."

"Yes. Absolutely."

"You're not serious, right?"

"There's no way that Bae Joohyun is model status over Lee Hyeri. You gotta be joking."

"I'm not."

Just as one of them was going to badmouth Joohyun again, the quartet heard one the stall's door opening to reveal Wendy coming out of it. She ignored them as she washed her hands, but that didn't mean she couldn't say something.

"I didn't know MOLDIR had such a gossip circle that loved to talk more than they loved to work."

Wendy pushed her way in-between Yeonjoo and Yeeun to wash her hands as she watched them through the mirror with a firm look.

"Should I report to President Kim himself of where the rumor mill starts?"

The quartet scoffed.

"Like you're in the position to tell us off." Yeeun commented with a smug looked as she put on my mascara.

"Yeah. You're just a receptionist." Eunsoo added while adding on some more lip gloss.

"Who's been with the company for years," Sonee began as Yeonjoo finished, "Yet stuck in the same position."

"Even so, I'm quite happy working for MOLDIR and with the others that aren't you." Wendy stated before giving them an amused look.

"By the way, y'all got something on your faces and it isn't that appealing or good for the brand's image."

Wendy dried her hands and left with a small smile as the quartet glared after her wondering what she had meant about what was on their faces. The quartet faced the mirror again, but this time their once beautified looks were exaggerated and of bright colors. As if they were getting ready to party the night away or join a circus. The group let out small cries and yells of seeing their new appearances and fought over one another to remove the excess make-up from their faces.

Joohyun jumped upon hearing their shrill voices and wondered what had just happened. She chose to stay where she was as to not get caught and in the middle of whatever was going on with them until it was over. Unbeknownst to them was that an invisible mischievous white feline had taken it upon his paws to mess with the quartet. He figured that if he couldn't actively participate in this assignment, then he for sure was gonna mess with those that hinder Joohyun from accomplishing it.

"It's not gonna bother me. I won't be bother by their gossip or what Bogum's been saying."

Joohyun repeated for the nth time since she was able to escape the restroom and catalog the items for the showroom. Still, it kept eating at her about the rumors her ex-boyfriend was spouting. Despite Wendy's attempt in the restroom, it stung just a bit. Joohyun knew there were people like this, but she just wished people would mind their own business. So when she finished cataloging was when she overheard a few other colleagues whispering about it that she had had enough of the gossip and was going to clear it all up. Joohyun found Bogum on the main floor with quite a few on-lookers witnessing the interaction.

"Bogum." Joohyun called his name when she spotted her ex-boyfriend.

Bogum shot her a bored look before returning to inspecting a handbag before him.

"I'm busy. I don't have time for you."

"I don't care."

Joohyun countered.

"I know that we broke up, but you don't have to go around spreading rumors about me when you're the one that broke it off and cheated on me."

"You're delusional." Bogum argued with shifty eyes after realizing there were others around.

"Why would I ever date someone like you?"

"Why are you acting like you're so much better than me?"

"Because I am."

Before Joohyun could counter a female voice interrupted her as Hyeri suddenly appeared by Bogum's side.

"Darling," Hyeri cooed with a slight pout.

"What's taking you so long? I've been waiting forever."

"It's nothing, sweetheart. Just dealing with incompetent workers."

Bogum shot Joohyun a disgusted look.

"She does look incompetent."

Hyeri commented with a snooty attitude before really looking at Joohyun as her face sour.

"Hey, you're the one that took my spot for that MOLDIR summer photoshoot."

"It was unintentional. The photographer thought I was a better fit."

"You? That's laughable! I actually look like I own the products unlike you."

Everyone in the office were watching the scene with high interest as even more entered the room to check it out. Something in Joohyun seemed to have sparked a backbone.

"If that was so, then why was I the one actually modeling with the products instead of you?"

"Look, you don't know who you're messing with, but I would refrain from doing anything stupid as I can ruin your life in an instant."

Hyeri threatened as Joohyun grew annoyed at the situation.

"I don't really care who you are and no one's gonna ruin my life. I am going to ruin the both of yours though."

"How?"

Something inside Joohyun manifested with rage, anger, and maybe just built up emotions from the past six years which caused a whirlwind to suddenly appear around them causing everything to stop moving except her. The black coin given to her by Hibiscus appeared before her as it suddenly transformed to a USB drive with Hibiscus hovering next to it. This snapped Joohyun as she stared at the surrounding around her.

"Um, what just happened?"

"The coin has shown what it's intended for your revenge." Hibiscus answered with a wicked grin.

Suddenly Eclare poofed right next to the USB drive while laughing evilly as he smacked the drive which multiplied into a second one.

"Ooh, Ms. Watermelon, this revenge is going to be sweet. He'll never bother you ever again!"

Eclare disappeared soon after with his mechanical laughter lingering before fading out completely. Joohyun just stared at the green-eyed pup wondering what had just happened.

"Yeah, Eclare gets like that when he finds really good dirt." Hibiscus explained before continuing.

"Anyways, usually Reaper J would be here to take care of this part, but she had something to take care of concerning a pink panda or something, but yeah. So, time is paused momentarily, but when it does resume I want you to throw this at your ex-boyfriend after saying 'you reap what you sow' when the two of you are actually alone or there's a dire situation."

"Really?"

"Mmhmm."

The green-eyed pup stared at her.

"You did well, Ms. Watermelon."

Hibiscus suddenly poofed away just as Ukulele instantly took his spot a moment later. Joohyun stared at the blue-eyed pup with confusion.

"Although confusing, but you're almost done, Ms. Watermelon," Ukulele spoke, "But there's two more things to take care of for right now."

"Like what?"

"You still have some items left over from taking on your revenge that will help you out with your situation."

The remaining two ruby gemstones appeared on either side of the USB drive as Ukulele gave out instructions.

"First, eat one and make a wish for this scene to be erased from everyone's mind that witnessed and or even heard about it."

Joohyun nodded as she plucked one of the two rubies from the air and did as she was told.

Please log in to read the full chapter