one

at second chances
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

jung chaeyeon, 23, doesn't consider herself unlucky. sure, she hasn't graduate yet despite it's her fifth year at the university, but she's quite optimistic about this year. she struggles to pay rent and her study without burdening her parents, but that's just life. and yeah, her ex-boyfriend ghosted her eight months ago - hence the ex part - but she swears she's over it (not really). so no, she' not unlucky. but when on thursday night at 11.27pm after she finishes her shift at 7-11 she gets kidnapped, again, chaeyeon may need to re-think about what she did on her previous life that she gets this karma.

 

she was walking home to her rent room, and since her neighbourhood is on the quiet side, there's no one around when a group of thugs blocked her way. because it's not the first time - with her first experience barely two weeks ago - her mind went oh not again when two guys stood behind her, preventing her to turn her way round. she felt her hands shaking, both in fear and in fury because honestly, again! and one of the guys said, "jung chaeyeon, right? mind come with us for a bit? we have some business with your boyfriend." 

 

"listen," her voice was raspy but she tried, "he's not my boyfriend--" 

 

no one listened, as they grabbed her arms and forced her to come with them.

 

now she's sitting on an empty warehouse - do places like this always available to use? - with her hands tied, surrounded by these colourful-haired thugs who lounge around like they have all the time in the world, chatting and flaunting their weapons. one of them, chaeyeon dubs as baldy because he's, well, bald, swings around his bat and asks his friend - dubbed as nose ring, "do you think they'll come?" 

 

nose ring snorts while wiping his knife on his trousers, "yeh they'll chome," he doesn't sound too scary with the lisp, "we have their ghirls." he nods to her direction and to the girl beside her. tonight seems to be quite a busy night for the thugs, kidnapping girls.

 

the other girl seems used to the whole deal. earlier, she walked by herself willingly, and when one of the thugs tied her hands, she yelled, "yah park junsu! don't you dare mess with my nails!" already on name-basis with her kidnapper. she's a lot more relaxed than chaeyeon, sitting cross-legged while chewing a bubble-gum, staring at the ceiling like she's totally bored.

 

catching chaeyeon's stare, the girl glances at her and smiles, and chaeyeon notices how pretty she is despite her modest look. "don't worry. i'm sure they'll come here soon. they better be, or else--," the smile disappears as the girl glares at nothing in particular, eyebrows pull down together, "--i'll beat everyone here and end kim doyoung myself." but then she turns to chaeyeon again and the smile returns, "i'm sejeong. what's your name?" 

 

"oh, um, chaeyeon."

 

"chaeyeon?" sejeong repeats, tilting her head to the side as if it's not the first time she hears her name and she's trying to remember who she is. chaeyeon can almost see the moment sejeong connects the dots in her head. "ah! chaeyeon, jaehyun's girl, right?" 

 

"actually, ex-girl--" 

 

before chaeyeon can finish her sentence, they hear a loud bang, followed by a revving engine sound when two motorcycles barge into the warehouse, their headlamps' blinding. both of the drivers wear leather jacket, one red, the other black. they step down from their motorcycles as the thugs' leader says, "finally you came, bastards!" but it falls on deaf ears as red takes off his helmet - revealing a guy with a pair of big, slanted eyes, innocent plastered on his face - and yells, "baby! i'm here!" 

 

"what took you so long kim doyoung!" sejeong yells back at him. she may sound annoyed, but her face is glowing.  

 

the next seconds happen in a flash: baldy grabs sejeong's hair (causing her to yelps and lets out some dirty words) and says, "don't move or i'll rip her ing hair!" making doyoung, red leather jacket, shouts, "take your hands off of my lady!" as he throws his helmet to baldy. it hits him in the face and pushes him back; it ends up as a signal for the fight to start.

 

two thugs charge at doyoung, who dodges easily and punches one of them in the s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter