The Attempt - Fin Part 1

Eყҽʂ Oɳ Yσυ
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Henlo! Dropping the Finale Part 1 

 

Seventh - The Attempt

 

Few weeks passed and still Nako’s quest to confess ain't complete.

 

Upon coming back from university, Sakura took the opportunity to interrogate her cousin after having their dinner. 

 

“Nako-chan.” She called the girl softly and signalled to sit at the couch. 

 

Nako gulped and senses that her cousin might slander her from the scene that happened a few weeks ago. 

 

“So?” 

 

“What?” 

 

“I’ll ask you directly. Is the girl you keep on telling me that you fell in love with is Hitomi?” 

 

Nako heaved a long sigh. Today must be the day she needs to tell everything to her cousin and who knows she might be able to help her.

 

“Err..uhm..Y-yes?” 

 

“Yes?”

 

Nako sighed one again “Yes, Saku-nee, the girl I have been looking for the past 2 years, the one that got away, the girl I fell in love with is Honda Hitomi.” She then pouted after revealing it to her cousin. 

 

“I didn’t mean to lie or keep it, I didn’t know you were acquainted at first so I was just telling you my story without giving her name Saku-nee.” Nako continued to blabber. 

 

“Well if you had told me right from the start then I could have helped you with her.” 

 

“Nah, I think this is what destiny wants.”

 

“Hii and I were roomies for a brief time but she never mentioned anything though so I didn’t have any clues either.” 

 

“I don’t know but I am starting to feel she’s been avoiding me or whatsoever!” Nako groaned in frustration.

 

“She’s already so near unnie yet so far!” 

 

Sakura chuckled at her cousin’s cute whining out of frustration. 

 

“But seriously, business major students have been so busy these days. I heard from Chaeyeon that they are preparing for a mock presentation.” 

 

“Wait, you really haven’t talked to her yet? You’ve been here for almost a month already?” Sakura added.

 

“I wouldn’t be this frustrated unnie If I already did.” Nako pouted.

 

Sakura laughed at her cousin and just patted her head. 

 

“Get your girl Nako-chan! I’m cheering you up. Kay?” Sakura teased since she knows Nako has been feeling so gloomy and is frowning frequently because of a certain peach girl she’s trying to seek attention from. 

 

Nako entered her bedroom, she slumped her body at her bed and stared at the ceiling. 

 

“‘Get your girl’ How am I supposed to do that though? Urgh!” She throws out her pillow out of nowhere expressing her frustration. 

 

She honestly doesn't know what to do anymore. It seems that the Universe has been playing with her. 

 

Nako’s thoughts were cut off when her phone suddenly rang. 

 

“Hello?” 

 

“Nako-yah, are you free? We need to go to xxxxxx near the pub for our paper.” 

 

“Is that so? Okay I’m coming, wait for me at the dorm gates.” 

 

Nako then immediately rushed to get her jacket and went out for the sudden request of her groupmate for their paper. 

 

“It’s getting late young lady, where are you going?” 

 

“Saku-nee, I’m heading out with Miku for our paper, I’ll be home before the curfew.” 

 

“Just make sure to go home alive okay?” Sakura chuckled, teasing her younger cousin while Nako just rolled her eyes. 




 

-----------------------




 

Apparently Nako and her group mates went to a bookstore located near the pub for their literature paperwork. They finished earlier than expected, however Nako did not expect that it would rain. Her group mates went ahead already as their dorms were near the bookstore unlike Nako who had to go home for a short ride. 

 

She was waiting outside until the rain would eventually stop. It seems it has shown no signs to stop and it's even going stronger. Nako messaged Sakura a while ago that she’s stuck with the rain still pouring down and she wasn’t able to bring her umbrella with her. 

 

She was sighing staring down the puddle in front of her. Still the mochi-cheeks girl bothers her. When suddenly she noticed a car stopped right in front of her breaking the trance she had from the paddle to the white car. 

 

Nako looked at the windows of the car and she could only see her reflection. She was glancing at her sides if there is someone who is being picked up by the car but she somehow felt nervous as she noticed she’s the only one around. She looked back at the car again and surprisingly the driver’s door opened and she saw someone went out with an umbrella. She couldn't clearly see the driver’s face as it was covered with the umbrella and was slowly approaching her. Nako flinched as the stranger slowly approached her.

 

“A pretty girl like you shouldn’t be here at this hour. Mind giving you a ride princess?” 

 

Upon hearing that voice. Nako’s eyes widened. She knows who owns that voice by heart. 

 

The stranger lifted the umbrella a bit and showed her face. With a wide smile, Hii was looking intently at Nako’s pretty eyes. 

 

Still in daze Nako was left speechless, she wasn’t expecting yet again that she would see HER at this hour. She was so surprised and flabbergasted. 

 

“Hi! Let me take you home Nako-yah!” Hii then offered her hand to Nako, still smiling. 

 

Nako on the other hand was feeling butterflies all over her stomach. She heard her name again from the person she’s been seeking for a long time. Hii still has that effect on her despite not meeting for quite a long time. Nako thought Hii had already forgotten her or something since she was kinda distant when they saw each other again. 

 

Nako eventually tranced back to reality and she knows she isn’t dreaming and unconsciously grabbed Hii’s hand. 

 

“I...I miss you!” She unconciously blurted out. She couldn’t contain her feelings anymore. She had seen a chance so she has to grab it now.

 

“I miss you too.” Hii cheekily replied as she guided their now joined hands and took Nako closer to her and they

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter