[Chapter 1] Euphoria

Words Don't Come Easy

Lee Erae was your typical highschool girl with slightly above average grades. When asked what her favourite subject is, Erae would say Maths with no hesitation, which was understandable to other people considering how she "naturally" academically excelled in the subject. However, what they didn't know was that Erae worked her off everyday just to earn praises from her Maths teacher, Miss Jung. Miss Jung was one of the rare young teachers that were working at Erae's highschool and unsurprisingly, had a large following of students who were attracted to her. Erae was no different. I mean, what was there not to like? Miss Jung's brown locks that curtained her face extremely well accentuated her large, sparkling eyes that turned into crescents whenever she smiled or laughed. Her small petite build was cute and matched perfectly with her cheerful personality. Erae honestly can't pinpoint the exact moment she became infacuated with the teacher, but she absolutely adored hearing Miss Jung's loud laughter ringing through the Maths department at 9:00 in the morning when she had just arrived to school. Who is happy to be at school that early? 

"Erae, can you stay after class?" Miss Jung's honey-like voice broke the silence as she walked towards Erae and stopped at her desk, "I need to talk to you about something." 

Erae's heart began beating at a rapid pace and she could already feel her cheeks burning. So lowering her head to hide her blushing face, she nodded and moved her hand to fix her glasses that were sliding down her nose. 

"Sure..." Erae mumbled meekly.

The corner of Miss Jung's lips curled up and she flashed her usual eye-smile that made everyone swoon. 

"Great! I'll see you in the office then," she beamed happily, turning around and strided to the front of the class, "everyone open your textbook to page 325 for me."

.

.

.

"Um, so you wanted to see me?" 

Erae had finished her last lesson and quickly made her way to the office where all the maths teacher were placed. It wasn't anything fancy, just a normal office that were separated by cubicles that gave some sense of privacy. A smile threatened to spread across Erae's face when her eyes landed on the several plushies that decorated Miss Jung's cubicle. 

"Don't be so nervous, you're not in trouble," Miss Jung giggled after noticing Erae's stiffness, "I just wanted to give back the draft for your assignment."

"Oh, right," Erae rubbed her nap awkwardly and stood a good distance away from her Maths teacher, waiting patiently for her to hand it back.

"Alright, sit down and we can go through it together right now."

Erae's eyes widen and she spluttered out a messy sentence. 

"R-R-Right now?"

"Yes, you don't have anything to do right now, do you?" Miss Jung asked with Erae's assignment in her hand, exposing the small scribbles of red and blue ink that were scattered on the piece of paper. 

Erae hesitantly shook her head and the teacher flashed another charming smile. Grabbing the chair from the cubicle next to her, Miss Jung ushered Erae to sit down and pulled the chair closer to her when she realised that the student was far away. The action caused Erae's heart to leap with both excitement and nervousness. 

For the next 30 minutes, Miss Jung went over the paper and explained her comments as well as clarifying some things that confused Erae.

"D-Did I do well then?" Erae had her eyes glued on the paper, not daring to look up just in case she makes eye contact with Miss Jung. 

"Mhmm, it was just that one section that seems like it could do with a bit of a touch up but overall, it was very good," Miss Jung praised, reaching up to Erae's shoulder to give a firm squeeze, "I'm always pleased with your work."

"Thank you..."

A deafening silence ensued and it took a couple of seconds for Erae to shoot up from her seat. She thanked the teacher profusely before grabbing her assignment and running out of the office. 

Oh my ing god, she's gonna think I'm a weirdo. . . . . 

Erae buried her face into her hands and sprinted towards her bus stop as if some serial killer was chasing after her. 

Ha...it's my last year in highschool and I'm going to be graduating in less than 2 months...

Erae's felt her chest constrict painfully at the thought of having to not being able to see Miss Jung anymore.

Hopefully she will remember me in the future, even though I am just another one of her many students...