016

What's Your Secret?

 

 

 

“It worked, they all came rushing her to aid.” The man laughed as he fixed his tie, he was watching the CCTV footage from the other night’s party. While he wasn’t there to attend the said event, he had his men hack into the hotel’s system to gain access to the videos.

“Yes, the three of them were present at the party. The Hyundai young master, one of the Samsung children and Hana Banking’s Chae Hyungwon.”

“Look at all these rich brats, acting like men.” He spat as he checked his reflection. His secretary could only smile in a agreement.

“The girl lives alone, but she’s quite heavily guarded. She works at the luxury department store in Gangnam. She’s being driven around by an assigned car as well.”

“So they do know.”

“Yes?”

“That she’s a weakness, why else would they have her guarded?” The male laughed, he glanced at the nameplate on his table.

“The upcoming elections should work in our favor, and I need those boys…and their families out of the way.”

“But sir, she’s a Yoo. Wouldn’t that be a little dangerous? They’re a big family too.”

“Exactly, but with that video, they just admitted their relationship with her.” The man pointed out, his assistant slowly nodded back.

“They can have all the guards and security with her, but by now everyone knows of her connection with them.”

“Yes, sir. I don’t think the Yoos have ever hidden the fact that she’s one of them.”

“They didn’t. But the mafia wanted to hide it, it’s pretty obvious.” He let out a chuckle as he stepped away from the fire.

“I sent that video to all our….friends. I’m sure they’d like to get to know her, a new addition to the famous Seoul mafia. She is a weakness, and now she’ll have more people after her. That’s enough to distract them.”

His secretary was about to speak, when the doors opened, one of the staff from the cable network greeted him with a bow.

“Mister Kim Donghee, we’ll be going live in three minutes. Please be ready!”

 

 

 

Jungah was smiling at her guards as she slowly but surely walked towards the gates, the four men were eyeing her warily.

“Young miss!”

“You guys looked so…peaceful when you were sleeping, I didn’t want to wake you up.” She said as she stretched her arm towards them, she had a bag of freshly baked bread for them. Jungah had stepped out around four in the morning to jog for a bit, and she was gone for almost an hour without her phone. The girl had only taken her wallet.

And that sent her guards to panic mode.

“You didn’t call them, right?”

“Not yet.” One of the men grumbled, but he took the bread from her. Jungah beamed at them, she leaned against the Land Rover and started eating.

“How was your run, miss?”

“Uneventful. I couldn’t sleep well last night.” She shrugged in between bites, her guards started eating as well.

“Why? Is something bothering you?”

“No, not really. I just realized that…I’ve been kind of avoiding all the dealings of my mother’s family, right? And yet here I am, hanging out with you guys, my hyungnims. I didn’t know I’d be involved in this way. And it kind of…amused me.” She chuckled, one of them was about to comment when a black Rolls Royce Phantom pulled over, it was tailed by two large SUVs.

“I know those plates.” Jungah murmured, the doors open and all her hyungnims bowed.

“Haraboji!”

Chairman Yoo sighed at the sight of his granddaughter, the girl was eating outside of her house in nothing but a pair leggings and a sweater.

“You call that breakfast?” He nagged as he opened his arms to her, Jungah smiled and hugged the elder.

“I just got back from a run, halbae. What brings you here?”

“What brings me here? You said you’d come by and visit, that was three weeks ago.” He pointed out, Jungah grimaced and looked away. Her guards looked at each other and smiled, the two Yoos entered the house.

“I heard from Kihyun, are you adjusting well?” The elder spoke as they got inside the living room, his secretary waited by the doors.

“It’s not like I have a choice, halbae. Changkyun even has a security system installed here.”

“As he should, Jungah.”

The girl made a face at him.

“Have you heard from your father?”

“We spoke the other night, he said he’s doing well. I still don’t understand why I have to be the one who has guards. I don’t even know what’s going on.” She mumbled.

“Jungah, something is brewing, child. We…We don’t know who’s trying to cause trouble, but…it’s coming.”

“Is it..that bad? Son Hyunwoo never tells me anything.”

“Isn’t the Son boy older than you?”

“Is he? Is he not? Does that still matter, halbae? I have bodyguards, and I work at a mall. My colleagues look at my oddly every time I get to work.”

“I know it’s a change, Jungah. But keeping you safe is a must. We…We can’t be distracted in times like these.”

Jungah turned quiet and she poured the elder another cup of tea.

“I went to a social gathering the other night,”

“The charity event, I heard. You went with Wonwoo, right?”

“Yes. I did. But it turned out to be a disaster, halbae. I got soaked.” She said.

“I know, Kihyun told me. Are you and the Jeon son getting along well?”

“We’re not kids anymore, of course, we do.” Jungah chuckled as she started to eat.

“You do know what your aunt thinks about the two of you, right?”

“I do, auntie has always been very vocal. I love her spring rolls too, maybe I should drop by soon.”

“Jungah,” The Yoo elder sighed at her, Jungah blinked at him.

“What now?” She whined in reply, the elder couldn’t help but smile.

“What do you think about him?”

“Wonwoo?”

“Who else, you brat.”

Jungah chuckled and shook her head.

“He’s a good friend, halbae. I don’t…really know what else to say.”

“That’s it?”

“That’s it.”

“You’re not interested him?” Mr. Yoo asked, still a little hopeful.

“Halbae?”

“Yes, my favorite granddaughter?”

“I am your only granddaughter, you only got two grandkids.” She pointed out, the elder sent her a look.

“Please drop it, Wonwoo’s like a brother to me.”

 

 

 

“They know now. And, the others too.” Minhyuk said as he crossed his arms, he was at the manor with Kihyun and Wonho.

“Well, if you didn’t hover around her as soon~”

“Her dress was becoming see through.” Wonho said to him, Kihyun exhaled and he looked at the screen.

“I don’t like that we have nothing on this man’s family.” Minhyuk pointed out, Wonho nodded and sat down.

“Changkyun’s been losing sleep over it, still no info about his son.”

“Wait, he’s running for office, right?” Kihyun asked, he picked up the file on the desk.

“He is. For mayor.”

“Surely, his friends and other relations would…promote him, right? Or give endorsements, these people are his connections.” Kihyun pointed out as he read through the files and went over the list of donors under Kim’s campaign.

“Yes, that.” Minhyuk slowly nodded, he grabbed his phone and begun typing.

“Then, there’s a high chance of these people knowing him personally, and they might also be aware of his son. So,” Kihyun trailed off and looked at the two males.

“We may be able to find his son through them.” Wonho said with a small smirk, he checked the time on his watch.

“Did you take care of the Jin Heejun person? I saw the clip, Jooheon was adamant we do something.” Kihyun asked, changing the topic.

“I took care of it.” Wonho shook his head.

“That ert, I hope his s freeze and fall off.” Minhyuk chuckled, he put his phone down.

“I already called some people, they will be looking into Kim Donghee’s friends and donors. We’ll probably find out about his family soon, but,” Minhuyk paused, his forehead creased, trying to put words together.

“How sure are we that it’s him? Maybe someone is just using his office’s IP’s address?”

“It can’t be a coincidence, Minhyuk-ah. Both Lee Daecheol and Hong Daeshik mentioned him. It is him.” Wonho said.

“But what does he want? That we vote for him?”

“That we have to find out.” Kihyun replied, he leaned back on his seat and tapped on the male’s photo on the paper.

“Oh, and one thing,” Minhyuk hummed, Kihyun looked at him.

“What is it?”

“That Wonwoo, we asked you about him,”

“Ah, him? Why?”

“Jooheon and Changkyun both hate him. No, they loathe the guy.” Minhyuk laughed, Wonho grinned and nodded, agreeing.

“Why? He’s a nice kid.”

“Guess who he got in a silent argument with.” Wonho asked, Kihyun blinked at the two.

“Who? Baby Joo? Hyungwon?”

“No, One Dot.” Wonho mused.

“What?” Kihyun’s eyes widened.

“He…argued with Shownu hyung? Did…he survive?” Kihyun was surprised, he started to shake his head.

“Jungah was referee. You should have seen it.”

 

 

 

“No, no. I don’t really have to see him. I’m sure he’s having lunch, please just pass on the message,”

Shownu looked up from his desk, his brows going up. The doors opened and his secretary was standing beside a familiar lady.

“Jungah,” Shownu stood up and buttoned his coat, the girl blinked at him.

“Sir, miss Chang is here to see you.” The male said with a polite bow before stepping away, Jungah stepped in the office, her eyes wandered around the room briefly and then she finally looked at him.

“Hi.” She said, Shownu nodded back at her and gestured for her to take a seat.

“I wanted to just call you, but I didn’t know how to explain it over the phone.” She said to him as she sat down.

“Why? Did something happen?”

“Remember that boss of mine whom you…kind of pushed around at the office?” She stated, Shownu slowly nodded back.

“The skirt.” He said to her, Jungah winced but she nodded back at him.

“Yes, him.”

“Why? Is he bothering you again?”

“No, no. It’s just that…I was..at a meeting with him earlier, and he said some disturbing things. And it felt like I should tell you about it.”

“What did he say?” He replied as he leaned back on his seat, Jungah puffed her cheeks and met his gaze.

“He was threatening that he’d sue you for..harassing him like that, and he mentioned that you were trespassing at the office.”

“Hmm.”

“Hmm? One Dot, he could cause trouble.” Jungah pointed out, peeved at his reaction or lack thereof.

“He’s the one who cause trouble.” Shownu said to her, Jungah pressed her lips together.

“What if he starts~”

“I’m sure he won’t cause any trouble for anyone, Jungah. I’ll be okay.” Shownu was a little amused, Jungah’s ert boss will never be able to cause them trouble.

“Did he do something?” He asked, Jungah quickly shook her head.

“No, it was..all words.” She trailed off.

“Have you eaten?”

“Actually, not yet. Looking at it now, I just wasted my lunch break to warn you about my boss suing you, but you don’t seem to be worried about it. Then, I remember that I’m talking to a mafia leader.” She muttered under her breath, Shownu stood up.

“Let’s get lunch.”

“Wow, you want to be seen in public with me?” She mused as she grabbed her purse, Shownu got his phone from his desk.

“People already know, Jungah. Remember the party?”

“Oh that, I see my cover has been blown. Oh! I forgot about your jacket.” She said, Shownu opened the door for her and she stepped out first.

“It’s fine.”

“I had it cleaned the other day, tell me when you’ll drop by at the house again, I’ll hand it over.” Jungah said as they made their way towards the elevator.

“Kihyun’s back in town by the way. Has he called?” He asked as they entered the machine, Jungah noticed how the employees would give the male a small polite bow and immediately diverted their gazes.

“He said that he’d drop by later. Can we have something simple for lunch? Like, nothing greasy or heavy?” She asked, the doors opened and the two stepped out first.

Shownu nodded back in reply.

“What do you call that..buckwheat noodle thing?” She asked, Shownu felt the girl grip on the fabric of his jacket as he walked with him.

“There’s a good Korean place nearby. Would you like to walk there?” He said as he offered his arm to her, Jungah smiled and hooked arms with the male, not noticing how it wasn’t only Shownu’s guards staring at them, the employees at the lobby were too.

“Sounds fun.”

“Did you like Wonho’s gift?” He asked they walked through the revolving doors, Jungah stilled and she turned her head to him.

“Gift? You call that a gift?”

“He’s still breathing.” Shownu replied as they crossed the street, he was still a little confused how the girl seemed to be so at ease with him. Jungah shook her head, her arms still around his.

“Can you imagine Haerin’s surprise this morning?”

“No.”

“Son Hyunwoo.” She groaned, Shownu’s lips curled up and he glanced at her.

“It was Wonho’s idea.”

“Heejun, wearing only his underwear, kneeling in front of the mall with a sign over his head.”

“What did it say?” He asked, Jungah eyed him warily.

“I am an , plus a smiley face.”

“Sounds like your Two Dots.”

“Hey!”

“I did say I’ll see what I can do, Wonho took over for me.” Shownu replied as they reached the restaurant, Jungah was about to reply but he pulled the door open.

“And, men hurting women, it’s not something we tolerate.”

“How about women hurting men? Do you tolerate~”

“Jungah, please get inside.”

“See? It’s not something that’s always being talked about, maybe~”

“It works both ways, Jooheon’s princess.” Shownu said to her, knowing that she wouldn’t drop it. The two got inside the place and were seated at one of the tables.

“Any news on my biggest fan?” She asked him, Shownu looked away from the menu.

“What?”

“Kim Donghee, aspiring mayor of Seoul city.”

Shownu pressed his lips together, Jungah chuckled at his reaction.

“No, still nothing. But, please come up with a codename for him too.”

“Baby Donghee.” She mused in reply as she browsed through the menu, Shownu looked up from his and he shook his head.

“Shownu?”

“Hmm?”

“I wanna try their salad too, can we share?”

“Order whatever you like.” He looked away as she met his gaze.

“One Dot is the best.”

 

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++