Kisses

Kisses

“Youngie-ah, must we do this?” Kyuhyun fidgeted in front of the camera as Sooyoung is adjusting the camera angle to fit Kyuhyun in the frame.

 

“Yes oppa, now sit there and give me a huge smile.”

 

Kyuhyun managed a forced smile, eyes begging Sooyoung to tell him what was going on.

 

It is February 2nd, and Kyuhyun’s birthday is in 16hrs, hence the surprise video that Sooyoung was filming, content unknown to Kyuhyun - much to his chagrin.

 

“Okay oppa, now close your eyes.”

 

Kyuhyun rolled his eyes before closing his eyes begrudgingly. He loved his wife but nothing, not even StarCraft, can make him love surprises.

 

“Alrighty now everyone, please come in in a single file.”

 

Sooyoung had organised a surprise for her husband with his fellow Super Junior members and variety show colleagues and the sheer number of people in the house had her wincing internally at the amount of time she needed to clean up later.

 

But hey, anything for her beautiful husband.

 

She wanted this birthday to be special, a reminder to her husband that he is well-loved by the people around him, no matter how little or much.

 

The first person walked up and stood beside Kyuhyun, before enveloping him in a tight hug and placing a peck on the side of his neck, “My Kkyu, happy birthday and saranghae.” 

 

“Ehhh Kyuk?” Kyuhyun almost jumped out of his seat when he opened his eyes and saw s, hyungs and dongsaengs standing in a line behind the camera.

 

“So the purpose of this video is that each person will come to you and place a kiss anywhere on your body, except for your lips and cheeks, as long as it is appropriate, and you would have to guess who is that person.” Sooyoung explained, grinning at the shocked expression of the soon-to-be birthday boy.

 

“First one was Eunhyuk-oppa and you guessed it correctly. Now faster close your eyes, oppa, the next person is up.”

 

The next person crushed him in a tight hug and placed a kiss on Kyuhyun’s forehead.

 

“Ehhhhh Ahn Jaehyun. I can recognise that cologne anywhere.”

 

“Ding dong daeng! Happy birthday my dear friend.”

 

The next person picked up Kyuhyun’s left hand and placed a gentle kiss on the back of his hand.

 

“Hmmmm, this is hard. Siwon hyung?”

 

Siwon chuckled and ruffled Kyuhyun’s hair, “Wonkyu forever.”

 

“Cause you're my pink magic, cause you're my pink magic.”

 

“Yesung hyung! Ya Yesung hyung, this is not a place for you to be self promoting.” Kyuhyun brushed Yesung off even before he could place a kiss on Kyuhyun but he still managed to sneak one in on his shoulder.

 

The next person placed their hands on his shoulders and the firm grip on his shoulders reminded Kyuhyun of, “Teukkie hyung.”

 

“On this special day of yours, I just want to thank you for growing up so well, Kyuhyun-ah.” Leeteuk placed a gentle kiss on Kyuhyun’s hair and Kyuhyun gripped onto Leeteuk’s hand on his shoulder, gratefulness overwhelming him and rendering him quiet.

 

He heard the next person shuffling as he came nearer and he knew without a doubt, it was “Ehhhhh Shindong hyung!”

 

He heard clothes rustling and chuckles erupting around the room, Shindong hyung must be doing some sort of fancy routine and chu, a light peck landed on his knee. Unconventional.

 

The next person shoved a small bouquet into his hands. “Mino wanted to be here today but he had a schedule so he said these flowers represent him. Here’s a kiss from the both of us, hyung.” P.O. kissed on both sides of Kyuhyun’s earlobes, leaving him feeling extremely ticklish.

 

“Thank you Pyo-ah, and help me thank Mino too.”

 

The next one was a simple kiss on the back of his hand.

 

“Hmm?” Kyuhyun cocked his head to the side, racking his brain hard at who this person might be.

 

A while later, he shook his hand, as a sign that he gave up.

 

“How about a hint for you Oppa?”

 

“Yah kid, do you want to die, giving up so easily?”

 

“Ahh! Jiwon hyung! I thought you were in Hawaii.”

 

“I came back earlier because your wife promised me that she would make you lose in the next New Journey to the West game when we choose characters.”

 

“Eh?! I don’t think Na PD will agree.”

 

“Na PD agreed.” Sooyoung chimed from the side and a whine escaped Kyuhyun’s lips. 

 

“As expected from Eun Jiwon, it is a miracle he even reached here before we left.” 

 

“Sugeun hyung?” Kyuhyun asked.

 

“I don’t usually do this kid, but anything for you.” Sugeun left a quick kiss on Kyuhyun’s hair.

 

He heard the next person stomping over before feeling a warm breath on his knee, followed by a peck.

 

“Eh Hodong hyung! I thought a hammer hit my knee instead.”

 

Laughter escaped from the people around him. 

 

“Kyuhyun-ah isn’t your knee cold? I was helping you warm up your knees because Disney (this knee) on ice.”

 

“Boo, hyung that was terrible!”

 

“Heechul hyung!”

 

“Aigoo my favourite dongsaeng, happy birthday!” Heechul left a sweet peck on Kyuhyun’s chin, much to Kyuhyun’s chagrin.

 

“Thank you, my favourite hyun-“

 

“Ya! Only I can be your favourite hyung!” Siwon belted out before Heechul could finish that sentence. 

 

The next person came as quickly as he left, haphazardly leaving a kiss on the side of his neck.

 

“Donghae hyung.” Donghae is a terribly shy person, but he is also one of the coolest hyungs he has, going straight to the point without a doubt.

 

He could feel the following person standing in front of him, taking their own sweet time in choosing a spot to place a kiss on. 

 

“Yesung hyung again?”

 

Disagreements echoed across the room. “He must be cheating!” “His eyes are wide opened.” “How could he have guessed so quickly?”

 

Kyuhyun quickly raised his hand in front of him and attempted to explained himself, “I knew it was Yesung hyung because he took so much time. I could hear him thinking if he should be sentimental or funny!”

 

“Yah, you evil maknae. How am I supposed to continue now?”

 

“Yesung hyung is crying!” he heard Eunhyuk teasing, he could almost see Eunhyuk’s face scrunching up into the look of disdain that he always intimate Yesung as. 

 

“Anyway, since I can’t be funny or sentimental now, happy birthday Kyuhyun-ah.” Yesung left a kiss on Kyuhyun’s bicep, disagreements erupting again.

 

“Ehhh, that is trying too hard Yesung.” “I thought you weren’t trying to be funny already, hyung.” “What a terrible spot, Yesung-shi.”

 

Yesung belted out a string of colourful words that everyone immediately covered with self-made beeping sounds. 

 

“Oppa! This is going onto KyuTV!”

 

“KyuTV is a channel that aims to follow broadcasting rules very strictly. We apologise for the slight interruption but would like to assure viewers that Yesung-shi is not affiliated with the makings of KyuTV. Please continue looking for us, sponsors.” Kyuhyun explained as he faced the camera (he thinks) with a serious expression (or so he hopes).

 

The next person was Ryeowook and he left a kiss on Kyuhyun’s hair as well, “You should really wash your hair after this, Kyuhyun-ah.”

 

The next person pulled him down and left a sloppy wet kiss on his left cheek and he immediately embraced the little girl in his arms, bringing her up to his lap and leaving multiple kisses on his daughter’s cheeks. “Aigoo! My sweet sweet daughter, of course this is my Hyunyoung!”

 

A fit of giggles escaped Hyunyoung’s mouth and she quickly pushed her dorky Appa away, before waddling off his lap and running towards her mother.

 

"Are my cheeks reserved for my favourite humans?" Kyuhyun wondered as he remembered what Sooyoung said at the start of the surprise. 

 

The next kiss on his right cheek was a longer and deeper peck, unmoving, and he immediately knew that this is his beloved, “Of course this is my Younghyun-ah, my dear dear son!” He stood up and bent down to his son’s height, before squishing the 6-year-old in a tight hug.

 

The last person gently left a kiss on his lips, the lavender lip balm made him grinned into the kiss. He lifted his arms and placed them on the lithe waist of the woman before him, cradling her in his warm embrace and deepened the kiss.

 

Catcalls and whistling ensued, he thought he heard P.O. hurriedly covering both of the twins’ gazes as well.

 

“Can I open my eyes now, Youngie?”

 

“Only if you promise that you will only have your eyes on me for the rest of our lives.”

 

-

 

The next day, at exactly 12midnight, the video was edited and uploaded to KyuTV by Sooyoung as promised.

 

Kyuhyun chuckled as he finished watching the video and was about to exit the app when the description caught his eye.

 

This video is dedicated to Cho Kyuhyun, evil maknae of Super Junior, representative of At Gwanghwamun in New Journey to the West and, father of 3 in the Cho-Choi Family.

 

“SOOYOUNG-AH.”