Scared

Trapped
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Moonbyul had always been the reliable one in their eyes. She was the one anchoring their friendship together. The middle woman between the unnie’s and the kids. The one who spoils the kids and her girlfriend. So, when Wheein found her sitting at the corner of their cave trembling and looking pale, she was baffled.

 

“Unnie? What’s wrong?”

 

The purple hair sniffles as she looks at her blonde friend. “Wheein-ah help me.” She said softly.

 

Wheein rushes to her and envelopes her in a hug. “What happened unnie?”

 

“Frog” Moonbyul muffled against her chest.

 

Wheein wasn’t sure if she heard it right. It sounded like frog, but it sounded too ridiculous for her unnie to be afraid of a mere frog, so she checked. “Frog?”

 

Moonbyul nods. Then moves away from the hug as she pointed towards the rock looking frog on the ground near her makeshift bed. It was a huge bullfrog, that looked like it was mocking her, not moving an inch from its spot.

 

She never liked frogs since she was young. One day, when she came home after school, one went inside her room through the open window. It was a small green frog that could stick on walls. She screamed and called her father for help, who immediately caught it using an empty shoe box. Her father’s big mistake was pretending to open the box in front of her face. She yelled and cried really hard, throwing whatever she could in front of her. Her Mom got mad and made her Dad sleep on the couch as a result.

 

Now, she doesn’t have her father to catch it for her. She was miles away from him, trapped in an uninhabited island.

 

She scoots closer to Wheein. “I was just about to take a nap when it went in.” she sniffles. “I’m scared…”

 

The sight tugged Wheein’s heart. She kept the memory in her mind and locked it in a secured place.

“Did it scare you?” she cooed.

Moonbyul looked soft and vulnerable. The blonde couldn’t help but hug her even more. “Don’t worry. I’m here, ok? I’ll chase that frog away. Then we’ll put a cover at the entrance so that they wouldn’t try to enter again.”

 

Moonbyul nodded softly, wiping her eyes and nose dry.

 

“What happened?” Hyejin and Yongsun said in unison. They were about to call them to help prepare food but stopped when they saw them cuddled in the corner.

 

Moonbyul was again in the verge of crying when she saw them coming closer. “Yong… Jinnie…” she said hoarsely.

 

They both stopped on their tracks at the sight. Yongsun felt a tight tug in her heart. Her girlfriend looked soft, cute, and vulnerable that it was too much for her to handle. It was a rare sight. Hyejin just rushed forward to pull Wheein apart from her, taking Moonbyul in her arms.

 

“What is it unnie? Hyejinie is here.” She cooed.

 

Wheein slapped her back hard as she nursed her bottom after landing on it. “You , I was here first.” she hissed.

 

“What are you saying? She’s my girlfriend! It doesn’t matter who got here first.” Yongsun said as she took Moonbyul from the youngest, pulling her in to sit on her lap, straddling her. She held her face to look straight into her eyes. “Baby? What happened?”

 

Moonbyul looked at them with teary eyed and pointed at the unmoving frog. Yongsun gasped, “She’s scared of those.”

 

“Were you scared unnie?” Hyejin cooed as she Byul’s dry hair.

 

The purple hair nodded against Yongsun’s chest.

“So cute!” they all thought at the same time. They weren’t going to let this opportunity pass.

 

Wheein stood and took the stick she was keeping beside her makeshift bed. “Look at me unn

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter