final

Now, Everything is Perfect
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Alright! 10-minute break everyone! You’re all doing well.” He heard the PD announce as everyone moved to have a short break to eat, retouch or just a quick trip to the bathroom.

He decided to just stay where he is as he fumbles with his phone. An automatic smile graced his face as he saw the message left by his boyfriend.

From: Mine (Hae)

Hyukkie! I’m here at Haru. Pick u up later after your shoot? I miss you already :(

He can hear Donghae whining as he reads the text.

Seeing that the text was just sent a few minutes ago, he decided to call him instead of replying.

After a few rings, his call was answered.

“Hyuk! Aren’t you at work?”

“We’re on break.”

“Oh. Shouldn’t you be using your short break well?” He can hear him teasing but he doesn’t want to give in yet. He knows Donghae’s just pushing him to say that he misses him too. And he does. He really misses his Hae so much even if they just saw each other this morning. But he just wants to too and prolong the call.

“Hmm. Stylist-noona already retouched my make up.”

“You don’t even need make-up at all. You’re beautiful just as you are, Hyuk.”

His smile got wider because of the compliment. He receives daily compliments from fans but the only thing that matters to him are those from his boyfriend.

“Lee ing smooth Donghae.”

Donghae giggles at his reply. And he swears that it is the most adorable sound he ever heard in his whole life.

“Waee? It’s true though. Also, your skin is much smoother. Can’t wait to cuddle and kiss you.” Damn. He knows he’s really at the losing side right now. Donghae is so damn good at teasing. Just how did he get so lucky to be able to love and be loved by Donghae. His boyfriend is the definition of perfection.

Donghae is an open book. He wears his heart on his sleeve. He’s not afraid to show his affection and feelings. He may be shy at first but once you have warmed his heart and earned his trust, he’ll fight all odds for you. He’ll truly cherish and love you. He’ll give you the sun, moon, and stars. No wonder he’s being doted and adored by everyone. The hyungs treat him as their own son, especially Heechul-hyung. He practically raised him. Whenever things get too much and he would give up, Donghae is the only one stubbornly keeping him together. He’ll pick up the pieces and won’t let him go. The maknaes are not so different. A non-fan would assume that Donghae is the maknae of the group with how Ryeowook and Kyuhyun treats him. They practically baby him too.   Hyukjae is not a materialistic person nor a selfish one. But when he met the brunette with warm and comforting eyes, he vowed to make him his and never let go. It wasn't love at first right. Rather, a slow burn work in progress. He loved every piece of it. Every moment and every flashback on how they ended up here today, he loved all of it. He came to his life uninvited. A sudden unexpected meeting but somehow he would like to believe that it's fate's work. He could've debuted in another group. Or Donghae would've not left Mokpo and come to SM. But no, the universe conspired to let him meet the only one he would thought of worth-having for all his life. He cannot put it into words. He cannot fully express how he loved him. Well, he in expressing his emotions in general. But he's really trying his best. A few years back, he always thought that Donghae wants to be loved loudly. So he really tried his best despite struggling. But the brunette is not oblivious. Of course he noticed.    One evening, after they have showered, they sat on the bed, facing each other. Donghae had asked him if something's bothering him. As if on autopilot, he denied. But the latter was not buying it. They ended up arguing. Donghae saying "Fine! If you don't trust me, then I wouldn't force it out on you." before turning to his side of the bed, his back facing him. They never went to bed without resolving their fight. It was their rule. And he knows that Donghae was just worried about him so he took the first step. He wrapped his arms around the younger's waist and dropping butterfly kisses on the shoulder while whispering "Hae, it's not that I don't trust you."  and Donghae replying "Then what is it?". Hyukjae sighed and explained how he felt like a crappy boyfriend for not being able to reciprocate and show how he felt to Donghae in the way the younger wanted. Donghae just listened to him ramble and once he's done, he took the older's hands and massage the back of his hand with his thumb while saying "Hyukkie, I'm not sure how you actually perceive me to be as someone who loves you or how I expected you to love me. But I do know that love is not constant in form. It can be loud. It can be quiet. It can be warm. Or at some times, cold. I think it is in all forms. Always there and bleeding of the words that weigh more than words itself. I love you, Hyuk. Please don't feel pressured. We're in this journey together."   Just how did he get so lucky? Donghae... he's his everything. Unsure of what he did in his past life to be rewarded like this, he knows it must be something big. He's 27 then- dancing machine of Super Junior, established TV personality, and sitting right in front of Donghae. His hands clasped by the person he loves the most. His heart is about to explode with all the emotions wanting to filter out to reach the other. This was not where he expected to be but he's everyday grateful for it.

“Hyuk?” His train of thoughts are interrupted. He almost forgot that he’s on the phone with Donghae.

“Ye-yeah… I’m here… Hae?”

“Hmm?”

“I love you.”

"I love you too, baby. But is something wrong?" 

"Ani. Everything's fine. With you everything's perfect."

Donghae snorted on the other line. But he can feel him smiling.

"I miss you." Hyukjae finally admitted.

"Can we do video call right now? I want to see you."

"Fine." Hyukjae replied and the camera.

"Hi." Donghae greeted him with a silly smile.

"Hey." Hyukjae replied with the same smile. They just stared and smiled at each other for a few more minutes before bursting into laughter.

"Yah! Won't you say anything aside from hey?"

"Won't you? You're the one who asked to videocall though."

"So stingy." Donghae rolled his eyes.

"Hae, you know you look like a puppy rolling his eyes right?"

"I'm not a puppy! Why does everyone say so?!"

"That's because you're a puppy. A cute one though. And stop pouting. I wanna kiss you but I can't because I still have work."

"Good. You're suffering."

"Yah. What's that supposed to-"

Suddenly,Jiyu, one of the kids on his latest variety program, Job Dongsan stormed inside the room crying.

"Shiroooo! I want to go with Eommaa!" 

Jiyu saw him but did not notice he's talking to someone on the phone so she just rushed to seek comfort from him. 

"Hyu...Hyukjae-samchon!... I...I don't want eomma to go! She'll leave me here. What if we finished and she's not back yet? I'll be the only one here." Jiyu came running to hug him burrying her face to Hyukjae's chest as she sat on his lap and cried some more. Hyukjae wrapped his other arm around Jiyu and drew invisible circles on the little girl’s back in a hope to calm her down.

“Jiyu, come on. Hyukjae-ssi is busy. Come to eomma, please?” Jiyu’s mom pleaded.

“It’s okay eommoni. I’ll just try to calm her down.” Hyukjae said with a soft smile. "Hae..just a second. I'll call you later okay?"

Hyukjae was about to hang up on the call but that's when Jiyu noticed he's talking to someone.

"Omo. Jeosonghamnida! I'm sorry! Hyuk-samchon and...pizza-samchon. I didn't noticed you were talking on the phone. Jeongmal mianhe! Please don't get mad at me!" Jiyu said while bowing. She cried some more thinking she'll get scolded and Hyukjae will get mad at her.

"Baby, it's okay. Please don't cry. Hmm?" Hyukjae cooed.

"Hey baby girl! I'm Lee Donghae. I'm Hyukjae-samchon's ugh close male friend."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter