Chapter 19

Married To My Bestfriend (IIWMB BOOK TWO)

"Hey babe, what's our plan?" Mina asked her wife while they were eating breakfast together.

 

Chaeyoung looked up to her and furrowed her brows. "Plan for what baby? Do we have something to do that I forgot?"

 

"Chaeyoung, goodness, it's Maddie's birthday next week! Did you forget already?"

 

"Oh! Right! I'm sorry love, it just slipped off my mind" Chaeyoung widened her eyes and quickly grabbed Mina's hand above the table. "I'm just pre-occupied of work since you know I need to be out of town again next week, too. But I will never forget our baby's birthday"

 

Mina squinted her eyes at her and Chaeyoung playfully blowed a kiss which made the both of them chuckled. They both missed spending time like this together. Maddie was still asleep so they got the chance to have a little 'babe time' during breakfast.

 

It was Friday and they both don't have work and Maddie has no class since it's holiday  which Mina clearly forgot when Eunha asked her to go out last Monday.

 

Flashback...

 

"Wait.. I just.. don't get it Eunha"  Mina straighten her back and looked at Eunha in confusion. "What time do we go out? I mean, you know my wife always pick me up right?" 

 

Eunha stared at her in awe before it laughed loudly. "Oh my God, Mina.. of course I know! but missy, she doesn't have to pick you up on Friday, you know?" 

 

"Huh? Why?" 

 

"Are you too busy these days? Mina, it's holiday on Friday! No work!" 

 

Mina could still remember vividly the look of disbelief on Eunha's face that day. Even she herself can't believe that she already lost track of special holidays on calendar. 

 

"Jihyo unnie insisted on helping us with Maddie's birthday party" Mina said excitedly which Chaeyoung nodded at. "And mom suggested to just make her house as the venue. Of course love I still didn't agree to any of it, I still want to know your opinion" 

 

"Awe~ thank you, princess.. but you know that I always trust whatever decision you'll make. And I think I agree with your mom, it's gonna be much better since the lawn outside is pretty big" 

 

Mina clasped her both hands in excitement, her eyes beaming with joy. "Okay babe, I'll tell them right away" 

 

Jihyo already texted Mina about the needed equipments and stuffs that they'll gonna need for the decoration on Maddie's birthday. Since this is the only time that Mina and Chaeyoung would have a lot of free time, they decided to buy all of it today. But Maddie doesn't want to come with them because she wants to play with Sujin so they'll drop her off at her mom's house before going to the store.

 

Mina was sitting in front of her vanity mirror as she was just finished taking a bath and will do a little make up. When she opened one of the drawers, she saw a small red box sitting inside. A smile crept on her face even before opening it because she already knows what's inside of it.

 

"Hey babe.. look" she called out Chaeyoung who just finished putting on her clothes.

 

"What is it?" Mina showed the red box containing the necklace with a star-shaped pendant and Chaeyoung quickly smiled too and blushed a little. "Oh. You're making me shy baby"

 

"Why are you shy? Don't you know that I was the happiest when you gave me this?" Mina let out a soft laugh while caressing Chaeyoung's arms who's hugging her.

 

"No, baby.. I was the happiest one that day because my dream came true. And that was for you to be mine, forever.."

 

Mina turned around to face her wife and Chaeyoung softly cupped her cheek. She pulled Mina for a kiss, a passionate one that always brings butterflies on her belly. Mina always melts on Chaeyoung's kisses, and her wife feels the same. They broke the kiss and pressed on each other's forehead while smiling, being overwhelmed with too much happiness. 

 

"Love, I have a plan.. well, I must admit that I've always been thinking about this for too long now" 

 

"Hmm? What is it?" Chaeyoung was blow-drying Mina's hair. 

 

Mina looked down at the red box that she's holding and then stared at Chaeyoung's eyes on the mirror's reflection. "I want to give this to Maddie on her birthday. And I hope it's fine with you" 

 

"Oh, my Mina.. why wouldn't it be fine with me baby? It's yours and you'll give it to our daughter, of course I'll be too happy with it" 

 

Mina nodded and smiled at her. Oh that gummy smile, I wouldn't trade anything for that smile. Chaeyoung thought as she stared lovingly at her wife. 

 

"I just wanted you to know because I don't want you to think that I'm just neglecting the importance of your gifts to me" 

 

"Please baby, don't worry too much about it, okay? It's completely fine with me" Chaeyoung kissed the top of Mina's head. "Anyway, what time will you and Eunha go out? So that we could come back quickly" 

 

"She said that we should meet up by seven in the evening. Don't worry we still have a lot of time" 

 

"Okay then. Do you want me to drive you there?" 

 

Mina quickly shook her head. "No, Chaeng.. I'll just bring my car. I know you still need to do lots of editing" 

 

Chaeyoung left their room and just decided to wait for Mina at their living room. Her wife will just begin doing her hair and make up and she knows it will take a long time. She joined Maddie who's so focus watching Tangled, she's been so obsessed lately with these disney princesses. 

 

"Mom, can I be a princess on my birthday too?" Maddie looked up at her with a wide smile. 

 

"Of course baby, you can be anything you want on your birthday" Chaeyoung kissed her forehead and she got back on watching. 

 

Chaeyoung almost already drifted to sleep when her phone rang. She moved a little bit away from the living room since the television was so loud before answering it. 

 

"Hello? Somi? Are you okay?" 

 

"Hey Chaeng~ you're so concerned with me huh? Don't worry I'm fine!" Somi chuckled. 

 

"Don't be so full of yourself. What do you need?" 

 

"Oh, right! Since you're already that concerned of me, can you pick me up today then?" 

 

"Huh? Why?" Chaeyoung thought for a moment and put her hand on her pocket. "Are you getting discharged from hospital today?" 

 

"Yeah! What else? I'm so sick of these white walls I want to go home" she whined. "So is it a yes? I'll wait for you by three in the afternoon" 

 

"Wait wait, Somi.." Chaeyoung heaved a deep sigh. "I can't"

 

There was a silence on the other line. Chaeyoung had to check if Somi was still there, and she is. 

 

"But.. why?" she sounded really sad. 

 

"Mina and I had errands today. I'm sorry. Did you call Yeri already?" 

 

"No. You were the first person I thought of.. but okay. I mean of course, WIFE first" Chaeyoung could only sigh at that because it's true. It's Mina first above all else. "Thanks anyway. Bye, Son Chaeyoung" 

 

The moment Chaeyoung put down her phone, Mina was already there walking towards her. She quickly wrapped her arms around her waist and kissed her. 

 

"You're so gorgeous, babe" Mina's cheeks turned pink at her wife's compliment. 

 

"Stop flirting, Chaeyoung" they both laugh. "Anyway, who's that? I heard you talking with someone" 

 

"Oh. It's nothing, just work. Are you done already?" 

 

"Yeah, let's go. Maddie is already bugging me to hurry" 

 

It took them almost half an hour before they reached Taeyeon's house. Jihyo and her kids are already outside, she's watering the plants while the kids are playing. Mina got off to help and say goodbye to Maddie. 

 

"Baby, behave please okay? We'll come back quickly. Stay with Aunt Jihyo and no running outside, there's a lot of cars" 

 

"Yes mommy, I promise!" she then kissed Mina on her cheek. "Mom! Bye!" and blowed a kiss for Chaeyoung before running away to Sujin. 

 

"Jihyo unnie, please look after her" Jihyo signaled okay and smiled at her. 

 

It was really evident that today is a holiday. The department store was packed with lots of people. Chaeyoung quickly got a cart and Mina scanned the list her sister gave her. At first, they just planned to get the stuff for the decorations but Chaeyoung suggested that they also get the needed ingredients necessary for the party which Mina quickly agreed to. 

 

A full two hours was spent on getting the needed stuffs and they were already getting tired. But it's not all because there's a long queue at the cashier and they still had to wait. Mina counted the persons in front of them and they are sixth on the line which means it's a long time of waiting. 

 

"Babe, can I go to the bathroom first? I really need to pee"

 

"Sure, go on. I'll just wait here" 

 

"Okay, thanks love. I'll be quick" Mina gave Chaeyoung her wallet before she ran off to the nearest bathroom. 

 

Chaeyoung was getting impatient, she really hates standing so long on a line like this. To forget her upset mood, she decided to just browse on her phone. Minutes of browsing and it's getting tiring and boring too, but not until when her phone dings and an unknown number sent her a photo. 

 

Opening a photo message was never this nerve-wracking for Chaeyoung. But the moment she saw what the content is, it woke up a lot of sleeping anger inside her. 

 

When Mina came back, it was almost their turn at the cashier. She noticed how Chaeyoung changed her mood all of a sudden, and her wife isn't talking to her too. 

 

"Hey, are you okay? Are you tired already?" but as expected, she was ignored. 

 

Mina shrugged it off at first because maybe Chaeyoung was just tired, so is she too. But she suspected that it wasn't just the case when Chaeyoung was harshly putting the products they bought on top of the counter. She looked at the lady cashier apologetically because it seemed startled too by the clanking of the bottles. 

 

After paying, Chaeyoung hurriedly went down to the parking lot, almost leaving Mina behind. She quickly put the bags on the car too and got inside without even opening the door for Mina. 

 

"What the hell is your problem, Chaeyoung?! I just got to the bathroom and when I came back, you're acting up like this!" Mina can't control her emotions, she's feeling tired and upset too. One of the most hated things of Mina is the feeling of being ignored, purposely. 

 

Chaeyoung didn't even answered her or looked at her but just quickly turned the ignition on and drove off. She was driving too fast, and Mina was getting so nervous.  Forgetting about a past trauma now, huh, Chaeyoung?! 

 

"Can you please slow down?!" Mina literally screamed and Chaeyoung seemed to get it, finally. She slowed down but still, ignoring Mina. "You know what, just stop the car if you're gonna ignore me like this! What the hell is your problem?!" 

 

Chaeyoung grinned sarcastically and scoffed at her. Staring straight into her eyes with blank cold stare. "Oh, you tell me, Mina. You and your cheater " 

 

Mina can't believe her ears, she can't believe what Chaeyoung is blabbering right now. It was getting suffocating, she needed to get out. "Stop the car" but Chaeyoung won't listen to her and kept on driving. "Son Chaeyoung! I said stop the ing car!"

 

Chaeyoung glanced at her and sighed before parking the car on the side. Mina quickly get out and hailed a taxi. Her tears kept on falling and she really tried her best to hide it so the driver won't see her.

 

I can't believe Chaeyoung. I just.. can't believe she could to this me.

 

" this! Damn it!" Chaeyoung kept on cursing and punching the steering wheel once she already parked in front of their apartment building. "How could you do this to me Mina?!" 

 

Mina arrived minutes later after her and Chaeyoung was already waiting. "Do you want to know what's my problem?" 

 

"I do, hours ago before you dumped me like that. But now Chaeyoung I don't even care anymore!" 

 

"Really?" Chaeyoung faked a laugh, the ones that are too painful to hear. "You doesn't care anymore because you already have a new lover, right?!" 

 

"Chaeyoung, please! I don't even know what you're saying!" Mina was getting really frustrated. "What happened to you saying you trust me, huh?!" 

 

"Oh, Mina, I did trust you. Really.. to the point that I'm regretting it" Mina's tears were already beginning to fall. Chaeyoung's words hurted like a knife on her chest. "I trusted you so much not until I saw this!" 

 

Chaeyoung held out her phone for Mina to see. Mina creased her forehead and her hands fell on her side after seeing what is it. 

 

"Babe, Chaeyoung, it's not what you think it is.. I can explain, please!" 

 

Chaeyoung laughed sarcastically, tears rolling down her face. "What bulls are you going to say again, Mina?! Is this why you don't want Maddie to tell it to me?! Really, Mina? You'll stoop that low just for this man that you even involved our daughter here?!" 

 

It was a picture of her and Jackson, in front of the convenience store when they were talking. They were smiling widely at each other. 

 

"Chaeng, please.. I tried to tell you! God knows how I tried to tell you. Please believe me it's nothing, we just bumped into each other. He said he saw me Maddie-" 

 

"Save your explanations, I don't wanna hear it anymore" Chaeyoung wiped her tears. "And what? You tried? Well surprise Mina.. you didn't tried enough" 

 

"Chaeyoung please, let me explain. Believe me it's nothing. Baby, wait.." Mina grabbed her arm to stop Chaeyoung from walking out of the door. "Where are you going? Baby please.." 

 

"Mina, please, let me go.. honestly I don't know what to believe anymore. So please.." Chaeyoung removed Mina's hand from her arm. "Let me go.. I want to go to a place where.. there's no.. you"

 

"Chaeyoung, I love you! , I love you so much! You know too well I can't do this to you" 

 

"I don't know anymore.. I swear I really don't know anymore" both of their faces were a mess because of their own tears. 

 

"Mina, I love you too, so much.. 

 

but baby.. why is it so painful to love you?"