Chapter 6

Second Time's A Charm
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

SONG HYE KYO

"Hye Kyo, the people at the office are going crazy because of your photo with Song Seung Heon-ssi." My manager sighed on the phone.

My manager was talking about a picture of me and Seung Heon Oppa outside the restaurant we had dinner at two days ago. I honestly thought it was ridiculous that everyone seemed so keen on pinning it as an evidence of dating, when in reality Oppa was just patting my head and bidding me goodbye.

I exhaled in frustration. "Why do I always have these kinds of controversies? I'm literally just minding my own business and doing my job and everyone's just so interested in putting me up with dating rumours with my co-stars. I feel so ashamed to face Seung Heon Oppa, seriously." 

"A price to pay for being a celebrity, I guess." My manager answered.

"It's so annoying." 

"We're currently in talks with Seung Heon-ssi's agency to stop Dispatch from releasing the photos. I don't know if they'll comply but don't worry about it. We'll just be releasing a joint statement of denial if they don't."

"Okay. Thank you, Unnie. I'll leave it in your care. Can you please apologize for the people at the office for me? I really feel bad for this." I said.

"Sure, no problem. Just relax at home for now."

"Okay, Unnie. Thank you so much." I said as I hung up the phone. 

I sighed as I lied down on my couch and hugged my dog, Ruby.

"Ruby-ah. Why won't people just let me live quietly? Huh?" I asked the fluffy innocent dog. She just looked at me with her adoring eyes and proceeded to my face, as if to comfort me. 

"You're the only one I have." I pouted as I hugged her tighter. Ruby squirmed and jumped out of my grasp and ran towards the one room in my house that I kept locked. 

I looked over at her and sighed. "Ruby-ah. Come here, no one's coming out of there." 

The dog did not budge a bit but just wagged her tail by the door. Waiting innocently for someone to open the door and pick her up, just as he'd done during the time he was living with me. 

I stood up and walked towards Ruby to scoop her up from the floor.

"No use waiting there, Ruby. You should stop doing that. It's been years." I said to my dog who was still oblivious to the changes that happened in my house and in my life in the past 3 years. 

I decided that taking Ruby out for a walk was also a good excuse to get some fresh air. I geared her up and attached her leash as I wore my heavy coat, cap, and mask, which I always wear when I'm out to keep a disguise. 

It was 8pm and the weather was good and you can still feel the cold winter night breeze. It's a good idea to go out, it's too stuffy to stay inside anyways.

I suddenly felt Ruby tug hard on her leash. "Ruby, what's wrong?"

The dog just kept on tugging and wagging her tail. She was barking and was obviously excited. What's going on with her?

As I was about to crouch and pick her up, Ruby tugged hard once again, the movement surprising me. Her leash accidentally slipped off my hand, and as her reigns loosened, my dog darted forward with full speed.

"Ruby!" I exclaimed. I immediately ran towards the direction where Ruby went, my heart thumping erratically at the thought of my dog getting lost.

"Ruby!" I called after her to no avail, she just kept on running as I tried my best to catch up to her. "Yah! Come back here!" 

A few meters away from me, my dog stopped to a halt. She stopped in front of one of the few people who were jogging at the park. I quickly picked up my pace and speed walked towards my dog who was now being picked up by the unknown man.

"Yah. Song Ruby!" I exclaimed as I also stopped in front of the guy who was now cradling my dog.

"I'm so sorry, she must've bothered you." I breathlessly said to the man who was clad in all black from head to toe. He was wearing his cap low and I was wheezy from running so I couldn't really see his face. "Wait. Let me just catch my breath and I'll get my dog out of your hands. I apologize again." I said as I bent down to steady my breathing. God, I really need to exercise more.

"It's okay, Song Hye Kyo-ssi." 

That voice...

I jerked up and came face to face with the man I least expected to see. 

"Ruby must've known it was me." He continued.

I was still in shock as my brain took in the scene before me. My dog was his face and was obviously ecstatic to finally see the person she had been waiting for for years outside that locked room in my house.

I steadied my expression and looked straight at him when recognition finally dawned on me.

"Song Joong Ki, give me back my dog." 

 

SONG JOONG KI

I planned on napping out the rest of the day after I got home from my lunch with Kwang Soo, but I felt too restless and my brain was just in overdrive. I figured that running would be a good way to di

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter