Helmet

Epoch
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I always wonder on how my life here would be. I thought of maybe just blending in or not minding people's business at all, but seeing my cousin's status, I think maybe I'll have fun.

"You seem pretty famous here." I noted as she said hi and smiled the umpteenth time today, and with different types of person.

She nodded while smiling. "It's nice to know a lot of people and know their stories."

"Always the social butterfly," I sarcastically said.

"When did I ever?" She nudged my shoulders playfully and I rolled my eyes at her.

"Uhm, like every damn time? Our aunts even favor you,"

"It's not my problem that you give them an attitude whenever they ask things about you."

I scoffed remembering all the questions they throw at me every time we gather which earned a chuckle from her.

"Who wouldn't get tired of being asked if who's my boyfriend or if I plan to follow their footsteps."

"That's part of their life, to annoy you."

"Well thank you. They are doing the best at it."

"And especially that she boasts about you." she quietly said but I still heard it.

I know who she meant but I didn't say anything about it.  I turned to look at where we're heading and saw the big gymnasium infront of us. Damn, it's almost the same size from my school before.

"There they are," she said enthusiastically. 

"Yey!" They? "Wait, who exactly are they?"

"My friends." She whispered as we walk towards a four people who were waving their arm at us.

"Oh. So this is the famous clique?"

She shook her head and smiled at them. "No. We aren't... famous."

"You just don't classify yourselves as such."

She didn't say anything until we reached them and each of them smiled and hugged each other, while I stand behind Chaeng or Rosie as what her friends call her. This time, I didn't mind being left alone and that my cousin haven't introduced me to them yet because I was able to look at them even before knowing who they are.

At least I could judge them before they judge me.

There's four of them crowding my cousin and the first one I spotted was a girl with bunny teeth and large eyes. She's wearing a white long-sleeved shirt, tucked inside a pleated skirt. She has this air of confidence around her, and her left eyebrow usually shoots upwards when she's confused. Seeing this, it makes you think she's snob but her smile holds kindness in them and her eyes twinkle in mischief so... I'm guessing she's a literature major.

The second girl is the tallest among them (she's taller than my cousin which made me slightly jealous). Her jet black hair falls a little bit below her waist, and her eyes crinkle when she speaks. Her voice is almost too loud and her laugh is contagious. Her personality radiates fun and romance so I'm guessing she's probably a cheerleader or something, since her body is amazing.

If the second one is the tallest, the girl beside her is the shortest among them. She sports a short blonde wavy hair that's just above her collar bone. When she tucked her hair behind her ear, I had to squint my eyes to see that she also has tattoos, but they are too small that if you don't look closely, you'll miss them and think they are only birthmarks. Her smile is the one which will attract you since she has a dimple that when she smiles, it makes her look like a child. She's probably in band or a dance group.

My eyes shifted to the last one who almost took my breath away. She's too... beautiful that I think I won't be able to describe her perfectly. I had to avert my eyes and in a breath before looking at her again. Her jet black hair was in a pony tail, giving me the perfect view of her face. She-

"Jen,"

I snapped from my thoughts when Chaeng slightly grabbed my arm and pulled me closer to her group. I smiled when all of their eyes were on me. I raised my chin a little higher and I stood a little bit taller, letting them think I'm not someone to mess with.

"Guys, this is my cousin Jennie."

"Hey."

"So you're the person Rosie kept talking about all summer."

"Oh. All good, I suppose?"

"Girl if you heard her, she was singing you praises." 

I smiled while Chaeng cleared . "Okay, stop that. Jennie, that's Nayeon." She said while pointing at the girl with bunny teeth who gave me a look over before raising her hand for a shake. I took it and my grip was firm and I didn't back down from her stare. After seconds of scrutinizing me, she smiled and nodded towards my cousin.

She then pointed at the tallest member of her group. "That's Joy."

Joy beamed at me and instead of a handshake, she hugged me, slightly raising me to the ground. My eyes widened at the sudden affection but they all just chuckled while trying to remove the giant's hold on me. I had to gasp for air when she released me. 

Damn, she's strong.

"I'm sorry! You're just too cute and pretty."

I smiled once again and shook my head. "It's okay. Nice to meet you."

Nayeon scolded her but she just shrugged it off by giving her a hug as well.

"So... Joy's a little bit affectionate, but she's the sweetest. Then here's Chaeyoung."

"What?"

The blonde haired girl chuckled while offering me her hand. "Yeah, we get that a lot."

I shook her hand while looking at my cousin and the girl infront of me. "That figures."

"What?"

"That's why they call you Rosie instead of your real name to avoid confusion?"

They all shook their head while laughing. "No. I'll tell you later." My cousin said while pulling the last person closer to me.

"And this, Jennie is Bae Joohyun."

"Irene's fine." She said and extended her arm.

I gladly took it and smiled. "You're really pretty."

She smiled but said nothing while everyone giggled.

"She wouldn't be our prom queen is she isn't." Joy said.

"And she's also the president of the student council so you can call her Ms. Perfect."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter