Unconditional Love

Calm before the Storm

Jongwoon and his long-time girlfriend are holding each other's hands while walking on the shore. They had been together for 8 years. Different problems and obstacles tried to break them apart but no one ever succeeded. Their love for each other is almost indestructible. Their relationship is not the perfect/ideal one but it's definitely not toxic. They're just keeping everything lowkey and simple.

Jongwoon stopped walking and kneeled in front of his girlfriend. He held the box he's been hiding in his pocket. He opened it. and asked "Love, will you marry me?"

The girl got shocked and tears of joy started to fall from her lovely eyes. She nodded her head as a response and signaled her boyfriend to stand up. Jongwoon placed the diamond ring on her finger, kissed her on the forehead, and hugged her tight as if his life depends on her. "I love you" he whispered. "I love you too" the girl responded.

After their romantic and dramatic scene together, they finally got on the ship. They've been waiting for this day to come. They will visit the famous tourist spot on this island and it's the majestical cave that always captures the eyes and heart of every tourist. His fiancee is so happy while taking shots of the beautiful scenery. He's watching her girlfriend with a genuine smile on his face. For him, his fiancee is the prettiest and cutest person on Earth.

Then, all of a sudden everything got blurry and chaotic. Jongwoon heard the people screaming and panicking. When he opened his eyes, he saw his family members crying while jumping in joy. He's still disoriented and is having a hard time processing what was happening around him. "Jongjin-ah~ where's your noona?" He asked his younger brother weakly. 

He saw how sadness and fear immediately crossed his brother's eyes. Jongjin gulped and took a deep breath before answering his older brother. "H-hyung.... She is already gone.... Noona died an hour ago..." Jongjin said sadly while trying to stop his tears from falling. Jongwoon laughed at him, thinking that Jongjin is just teasing him not until their mother decided to in. 

"Jongwoon-ah~ Jongjin is not kidding around. Dara died an hour ago, she died as well as the other victims before they could even reach the shore..... You're the only one who had managed to survive" his mother said. 

Jongwoon shook his head in disbelief. He looked at his father to check if his mother and brother are serious. When he saw his father nodded his head, that's when he lost it. He can't believe that Dara is gone already. He started crying and shaking. He shouted like a crazy man, looking for his soon-to-be wife. Everything happened so quickly, and the next thing they know is when the doctors told them that Jongwoon had followed his fiancee already, that he is also dead. 

"That's the end of the story... Their love is unconditional, isn't it? If you are wondering why I know all this stuff, the rescuers had managed to retrieve their cellphones, and they vlogged everything that day as if they know that this would be their only remembrance left for us." Jongjin said while wiping his tears. 

The listeners are sniffing while some are sobbing hard while clapping their hands. Jongjin hugged the two white balloons he's holding and kiss them both. He whispered "I love you both, Dara noona and Jongwoon hyung. I know that you're both happy now.." After that, he let go of the balloons and watch them fly up high. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At first, everything looks calm and normal, not until they reach the middle of the sea. It's as if nature got mad because the waves and winds got stronger and stronger, and the sky immediately turned dark. The storm and lightning are also terrifying, every passenger started panicking. Unfortunately, after a few minutes, the ship had sunken, drowning all the passengers including the two babies. The rescuers managed to find all the victims of this tragedy, however, before they could even reach the shore, they're already dead except for Jongwoon, who had also followed his fiancee at the end. 

One thing is for sure, indeed, nature is unpredictable and scary. 

And that is how Kim Jongwoon and Park Dara's life ended.....