Her 'summer' sunshine

Loving you better

The AC is blasting in full mode, but it’s still not enough to keep Tzuyu from lightly sweating and panting. 

 

She undid the top button of her white shirt, the cream-colored blazer already thrown on the empty seat. It’s a really hot day for a site visit, but being the leader of the project, she has no choice but to be there once a week to supervise the progress.

 

Too bad that day is the hottest day of summer.

 

It didn’t help that her team members had their ears to the ground, unabashedly discussing that particular gossip trending in the news this week.


 

“Nako-ssi, don’t you think it’s absurd for an artist to behave like that?” One of them, Susan, asked with her obnoxiously nasal voice, only for her sidekick Yerim to snort.

 

“You asked the wrong question to the wrong person.”

 

Tzuyu cast a glance at the small staff walking beside her, catching a glimpse of her hardened face. The Japanese transferee is her assistant for the project, a really dedicated woman that works harder and smarter than most veterans in her department (praise the Japanese for their work ethics). 

 

But one thing that stood out the most about Nako, is the extravagant love she has for idols (also another prominent culture from the land of the rising sun, Tzuyu found out). 

 

Every once in a while Tzuyu stops by her cubicle, she notices a different picture of solo artist Ji Hyo pinned on her board of “idol’s corner” among other artists - Sana is not an exception.

 

Tzuyu thought this revelation would manifest her competitive side (read: jealousy) to this fellow “shushu”, but surprisingly she didn’t. The tall woman had, one way or another, treated Nako as her secret comrade. She might have caught her watching Sana’s adverts and shows while working, not that she can complain - she did too, but discreetly of course. 

 

So when they started talking about Sana, Tzuyu’s ears perked up to hear what her fellow “shushu” ally would say about the artist.

 

“Why are you so bothered with her life? You’re not even a fan.”

 

“Duh, it’s all over South Korean news. Isn’t that a loud enough reason to be bothered about it?”

 

Tzuyu almost scoffed on the spot, but maintains her professionalism by showing her uninterested face as they continue to walk towards the construction site. 

 

Why the heck it took too long to walk from the parking lot towards the building, Tzuyu grumbles inwardly. 

 

“Even as a fan, I’d steer clear of any scandals about their private lives. We’re not entitled to know what they do behind the lense. It’s their choice and we have to respect that.”

 

Tzuyu’s lips slightly curled up. Oh, the Japanese is getting a bonus this month - Tzuyu will make sure of that.

 

“It’s called a scandal for a reason, Nako-chan.” Susan rolled her eyes from the positive response, “Tch, you’re no fun.”

 

“Told you - she’s gonna backup the artists, for sure.”

 

Tzuyu was checking her phone for a new message when her hand suddenly clenched the gadget with force, her knuckles turned white. She feels her blood boil from Yerim’s comment, her eyes twitching in annoyance.

 

“Have enough gossip yet?” Tzuyu abruptly said, catching all of them in shock. “Maybe I should shorten the deadline for your data presentation, since you have so much time to catch up with gossip.”

 

“W-Well... it’s just some small talk, Leader-nim.”

 

“So?” Susan quickly ducks her head from Tzuyu’s menacing stare, the others mirroring her. The team leader raised her phone, “The director called for an emergency meeting when we return, so be prepared and make sure all of you present your data precisely.”

 

As if it was an ultimatum, no more words were exchanged between them. Tzuyu lets out a silent sigh seeing their retreating backs, before her eyes averts to the vice team leader.

 

“Nako-ssi?”

 

The said woman halts her steps, walking towards Tzuyu with a hesitant smile. “Y-Yes, Leader-nim?”

 

“Can you conduct the meeting later?”

 

“Of course - eh?? Wait, m-me?”

 

“Yes.” Tzuyu cracks a smile from Nako’s nervous stutter, “I’m counting on you, Nako-ssi.”

 

Within seconds, Nako’s face morphed into a wide grin, giving a salute to the taller woman. “H-Hai! I won’t disappoint you, Leader-nim!”

 

Suddenly, it feels like summer again.

 

No, not the kind where she’s drenched in sweat and losing strength from the unbearable heat. But the kind that makes her heart warm and light from the delightful sun, lifting her mood to the beat of bosanova summer song.

 

She sees that in Nako’s grin - which reminds her of Sana.

 

Sana, the sweet summer sunshine, just like her name is…


 

DING!


 

She raised her phone, expecting a reply from the director. Surprisingly, it came from ‘summer’… what a coincidence.

 

Tzuyu was expecting a cheerful “hello, are you busy?” or a simple “I miss you” because she knows how clingy Sana is most of the time. However, her face suddenly turns red when a selca of Sana in beret greets her.

 

She’s already whipped for Sana’s plain selca - she would squeal on a pillow, smiling like an idiot for hours despite having the woman in the same room. But, Sana with a beret? A weakness to her already fragile heart.

 

“God, help me go through the day, please?” She pleaded to the sky above.



 

Tzuyu had to muster enough strength to push away the enticing image from her mind as she went through the site visit earlier. It was a real struggle for the team leader to keep herself focused on the task in hand that when she reached the company’s car, she almost collapsed on the backseat, sighing in relief from the comfort of the leather seat and cold AC.

 

She bites her lip, remembering a few more notifications popping up before she decides to put the phone on silent. 

 

Picking up her phone, she scrolls through the chatroom, only to feel herself on the brink of passing out. She muffled a squeal, which resulted in a high-pitched whine, before a cough greets her. 

 

Great, how did I forget the presence of my colleagues sitting in front?  

 

“Are you okay back there, Leader-nim?”

 

She looks up from her phone, catching the concerned eyes of her team member from the rearview mirror - the driver may have mistaken her flushed face for heatstroke. 

 

More than alright , she wanted to reply. Instead, she flashes a polite smile with a small nod. “I’m good, thank you. Eyes on the road, please.” 

 

Seeing their attention had moved to each other, Tzuyu types a quick reply to the artist.
 

 

Let’s take a selca later.


 

She bites her tongue, wondering if she’s sounding desperate, before sending another message.


 

It’s for keepsake.

 

 

A reply is received within seconds, and Tzuyu’s hand is quick to cover her heated face.


 

Oh, should we add more to your collection of “Sana’s precious selca - beret edition”? 

Btw, I saw that folder the other day, tehee!


 

Ah, busted... Tzuyu ignores the message, knowing she will receive the same amount of teasing when they meet later. She looks out the window the whole ride, a shy smile still plastered on her face.

 

All her life, Tzuyu had only heard of sunshine related to the sun or summer. Now, she never would have imagined sunshine could appear in the form of a human…

 

 

 

The only sunshine in her life - Minatozaki Sana.

 

 

 

 


A/N: wth did I just wrote...

Anyways, any prompt you'd like me to write with these sweet pair?