With Her

With Her

 

I've been hanging out with Wendy

She met her at dance class during their junior year. She was one of the new faces, while Seulgi had been taking dance lessons when she was a freshman; they immediately bonded and Seulgi was happy she met a new friend.

They got to know each other better as time passed by, they got close and might now be best friends. She was friendly and so does Seulgi, it escalated quickly as things felt right. It didn’t feel like there was something wrong; it just felt platonic or so they thought.

But Seulgi doesn’t know it was different for Wendy.

Everybody thinks we're dating

Cause I spend my weekends hanging at her house

They would hang out together each day, accompanying the other during lunch and after school. During weekends, ever since then, she would go to Wendy’s house to hang out. She was able to meet her family and was immediately welcomed. It gave another meaning for others as if they were together from their circumstances, but Seulgi would deny it.

“We’re just best friends and we don’t think of each other romantically,” She chuckled. Others might believe her but some would have doubts. 

Wendy never denied anything but would smile at Seulgi every time she’s with her.

She's a part of the cheer team

Top of her class and she's prom queen

It wasn’t a surprise that before Seulgi met her best friend, she was already known by most for her looks and intelligence. Wendy was one of the students with high honors, in line for the next captain of the cheer team, and was labeled as prom queen every year; She was the embodiment of the perfect student every school would have.

While Seulgi considers herself as average, others would disagree as people also acknowledge her as popular for both men and women. She might not have the same capabilities and attributes as Wendy has, she was still popular for her good nature, friendly, and naive behavior. It also added a charm to her dance skills that people would swoon for her, but she was too dense to notice. 

Everyone thinks that they’re the “IT” couple, both perfect for each other and different from others. But they were only best friends who are close to each other, as Seulgi said every time people would ask. 

She was too late to realize that Wendy thought the same from what people said. 

When we study chemistry

She s her blouse

She was finally seeing the problem that she wasn’t aware of during the past years, they were finally in their senior year and it took Seulgi three years to realize how much her best friend changed. 

Wendy would be clingier to her when other girls were too close, she would text her when she had the chance and would kiss her cheeks as much as she can. She thought it was normal until it wasn’t; not when Wendy s her blouse during their sleepovers while she studies as if she was seducing her best friend.

It was awkward as Seulgi would avoid Wendy’s advances, pretending that she was too naive and dense to notice-but she does every time- She was supposed to stop her, and yet she couldn’t; She doesn’t have the heart to tell her only best friend that she just doesn’t think of her like that, romantically. 

She values their friendship too much to even admit that she knows what Wendy feels for her.

But I got a secret I must confess

It's not her laugh or the way she'd dress

She's not the reason I've been thinking of love…

She didn’t mean to end it up like this; She desperately tried, she really did. But suddenly falling in love with her best friend for years wasn’t easy and it will never be. It just wasn’t right for her to force herself to love someone who was only meant to be platonic.

There wasn’t anything wrong with Wendy, there’s no doubt that she was the perfect lover for Seulgi. Her flaws only made her more lovable and different from others she used to date. In short, people were right when they said that they were a perfect match from heaven; it’s just that fate wasn’t on Seulgi’s side as she can’t be the one for her.

She felt guilty as she was also in love, but not just with her. 

Every weekend when we hangout

I lose my cool when she's around...

And I don't know if this is just a crush…

Maybe fate was on her side, but not in the way she thought it would be. She doesn’t know when it started, but she couldn’t stop thinking of her. Seulgi rarely sees her during the weekends at Wendy’s yet she wished that she could change that. 

Her breath hitches every time she sees her, whether, in the living room or the kitchen, she would stare at her like a fool; She was a goddess and there’s nothing else that could change her mind. 

She would feel different kinds of emotions that were too much for her poor heart, making her malfunction from her own body and mind, all she could think of was her. It felt like a fairytale for her as she would create fake scenarios on her thoughts with her, making her swoon for her even if she would just greet her. She doesn’t know if it was just an infatuation of a hormonal teenager, yet it didn’t stop her from feeling it-she was yearning for it. 

But she couldn’t do anything, she lives in a different world where Seulgi doesn’t belong. It hurts her and yet she feels satisfied just by it. Each hello and goodbyes from her can leave Seulgi in a puddle of a mess as she feels giddy and childish for her crush.

How do I find

The words to tell her?

Regardless of her feelings, she would still think of her best friend, Wendy. She knows that she’s in deep hell for not doing anything to prevent the problem from going worse, yet here she was, still pretending to act naive as Wendy continues with her attempts to make Seulgi hers. If only she could feel the same, instead she fell in love with someone else and not with her.

I'm in love with Wendy's sister…

Irene.