Chapter 2

Selfish
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was perhaps a relief that it was the weekend; Jungkook could finally give time to himself, with no silver-head following him around. He nibbled on his egg sandwich while scrolling through his phone, totally not stalking a certain profile.

He spared a few minutes to watch short clips of the silver-head dancing, carefully noting his moves and his qualities, wondering if agreeing to partnering up for the competition was the right choice. “Stupidly beautiful, annoying idiot.”, he said to no one in particular.

Suddenly, he received a message from none other than the great Jimin himself, asking to meet up at the cafe. Jungkook exhaled a sigh before swinging a jacket over his shoulder, leaving his room almost immediately. He just couldn’t understand why the other was trying to rush things up, he just wanted to relax during the weekend.

No, he wasn’t irresponsible; he knew that starting things ahead of time would only lead to better results.

“Jungkookie, here!”

He looked to his side, only to see Jimin waving his hands like a maniac, sitting by the corner that was more or less kept for Jungkook himself. He raised an eyebrow at how Jimin got too comfortable with his name – he totally didn’t find the nickname cute, not at all.

“I ordered an iced Americano for you!”, Jimin started rambling about his rather fascinating morning.

Jungkook frowned; he didn’t want the other to identify him as a bizarre boy in love with iced Americanos – not that he cared about what the silver-head thought of him, not at all.

“I’m not good at contemporary, but I could try. What other skills do you have?”, he suddenly asked as he removed his jacket and settled down.

Jimin muffled a giggle, covering his mouth as his eyes crinkled into little smiles. “Aww, was someone going through my page and watching my dance videos?”

“You have a really poor sense of balance when you lift yourself off the floor while you dance. Has no one ever pointed that out for you?”

Jimin was rather startled, his smile morphing into a horizontal line of unease; he was not expecting his new friend to be criticising him so easily, though he knew that Jungkook would probably be the only one to actually speak the truth, for the other students seemed to only care about reputation. “Umm…”

Jungkook gulped down a lump in his throat; he didn’t want to offend or upset the other. Truthfully, he was intrigued by the other’s balance and control. He just couldn’t bring himself to speak about anything else.

“Show me, then. Teach me how to balance my body.”

And there it was – that bright smile that took Jungkook by surprise.

They flinched as the door swung open with a squeaky creak; obtaining permission to use the large dance room was not a difficult task, thanks to Jimin’s persuasive skills, but Jungkook was more troubled by the fact that he was about to enter an empty room on a Saturday, with only the noisy silver-head by his side.

No, he wasn’t embarrassed or flustered; he knew that they were just partners for a dance competition with a big prize.

“Alright, let’s focus on our core and practice some basic balancing and posture.”, Jungkook declared as he tightened his shoelaces and began to stretch his body in preparation.

Jimin nodded and immediately took a stance, his body stable and firm as he stood on one leg. “Join me when you’re ready, Mr. Professional.”

Jungkook gasped at the unexpected response, stumbling over as he tried to balance himself – how humiliating. He cleared his

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter