🌠 CHEATSHEET!

   101 YOUTHS!  🌠  are you ready to reach the sky?
Welcome to the stage! 
Are you ready to take the sky?
PLOT. 101 youths is a produce 101 show that allows both female and male contestants. unlike the typical produce show, there is a twist to it! behind the scenes, there are reapers who are anticipating to partake in a very big soul order -- someone is ready to die. the reapers from different sectors know that their soul quotas will be met with such a big order, and they’re not willing to give it up to the other. the problem: the best way to get close enough to this order is by voluntarily joining the show. now it’s just a matter of how long they’ll last to be able to get this order complete, but something seems a bit off about their soul order.
 
DETAILS BEHIND 101 YOUTH. produce 101 show (101 youths) is your standard reality show, filled with hidden backroom deals, water army troubles, contestant drama, and both idols and trainees looking to make either a fresh start or a beautiful debut.
+ 101 youths is the first co-ed variety show to be produced, and the top 12 will be placed in a group together, with various subunits (think: nct, svt). honestly the story probs won’t progress further than their debut lol but it’s here for story purposes.
 
CHARACTERS. for the fic, you will be applying as a human, reaper, or ghost.
HUMANS : will be competing against one another within the show from different entertainment companies. all contestants have different backgrounds, but the majority of society currently are materialistic, and don’t believe in the supernatural.
GHOSTS : produce yin energy that is detrimental to the living. if they’re around the contestants, there should be a good reason why they haven’t been reaped yet by the reapers and sent to the underworld.
REAPERS : are assigned city sectors to patrol, usually within districts. each district is divided up into sectors labeled by numbers at letters, ie. 1A, 1B, etc. the more dense the population, the more reapers are assigned to that district (eg. songpa-gu in seoul vs jung-gu in busan).
 
DETAILS ABOUT REAPERS. the underworld has been making vast technological changes, one being mobile devices being assigned to all active duty reapers. orders will be provided through these mobile devices, and the more orders a sector completes, the better they look overall and the more likely they are to hit or surpass their quotas. grim reapers in different sectors are overall friendly to one another -- they have their own underworld sns to communicate with one another that spirits, demons, and other non-living beings can also use -- but large sectors within the same district will most likely have a rivalry with one another.
+ it is heavily frowned upon to reap a soul from another district (think: jurisdiction), but it is even more frowned upon to have a standing order that hasn’t been completed yet, and due to vague bureaucracy, reapers who bypass jurisdiction on a past-due order are more often than not praised rather than scolded.
+ some ghosts are tethered to the earth and will not leave yet due to not ridding themselves of their worldly desires. reapers generally leave them alone so long as they do not make trouble for humans; some reapers and populations of ghosts are also on friendly terms, and thanks to the underworld’s social media, can communicate frequently. underworld sns is suspiciously similar to kakaostory.
 
reapers are almost 24/7 in uniform unless they need to integrate themselves within society for orders. some do, some don’t, mainly because it’s a hassle to get paperwork filled out for a fake human identification.
+ they’ve long forgone the hats; they usually dress in black clothing with long sleeves and pants. uhhh think lee dongwook from goblin ^___^ some reapers dress very formally, some wear casual clothing. doesn’t matter as long as it’s all black and they have their identification on them.
 
GUIDELINES. this section is to help you on your application! there are a lot of details that we need and don't need, so make sure to read this through.
 
BASICS. this section should be self explanatory! the application itself has requirements and instructions for you to follow. please remember to change the date of birth / in existence section. if your character is a reaper, make sure to write details about your character's uniform. 
 
PERSONALITY / BACKGROUND. you should only list three traits that are most important. there is a max of three paragraphs because we do not want the app to run long (also quality > quantity, it saves us a lot of time). you may also add mbti, alignments, etc, to give us more ideas on how they are! if they are reapers, feel free to state what era they came from, whether they're infamous among other reapers due to their work ethic, etc.
 
keep the background short and simple! we do not need to know that your character has two middle-classed parents, whether they got bullied, whenever they auditioned, etc unless it pertains directly to their personality or character.  ie. chara was offered an instant debut if they slept with businessmen, rejected it entirely, and now they’re struggling after having resources taken away and this show is their one chance at making it.
 
for trivia, you may add whatever you like to give your character more details. you can put down their audition, but warning that it probably won't be mentioned if it isn't something god-like or legendary. if your character is a human, please do mention what they think about the supernatural (after all, this is a story about ghosts and reapers).
 
IDOL SECTION. this part is the most crucial part! if your character is a ghost or a reaper, feel free to put your "abilities" (non-human related) here. i would prefer if you did research on your ghostly / reaper abilities and base it off of legends, folklore, etc - specifically rooted in east asian mythology and religion. but if you're unable to find anything, i will not hold it against you! who knows, maybe you'll find bits and pieces of something that you can incorporate to bring your character to life!
 
RELATIONSHIPS. unfortunately, we will not be including a love interest part. we do not want and will not write about an oc that does not contribute anything nor is crucial to the plot (your taeyong boy bf will not do anything). with this, ocs are highly discouraged because they will most likely not appear unless they are necessary or directly pertain to the character. if romance is needed, it will have to be in between the applicants! this means that collabing is very very very encouraged! we love seeing it between applicants so please do collabs!
 
EXTRA. taken fcs are izone's minjoo and tbz' sangyeon!
 
PLOT IDEAS.
+ rookie human that has been haunted by something for a while. why?
+ ghost that’s always wanted to debut and that’s their primary desire before they head to the underworld.
+ reaper dynamics where one follows the other in doing this order because they like them but the other reaper ing hates their guts.
+ idol human that’s been forced out of limelight from before and is trying to make a fresh start.
+ reaper who’s very popular with the ghosts and actually gets suspected of cheating since they’re usually in top 5 rankings every week (the ghosts vote for em…).
 
FAQ. anything asked abt in comments and elsewhere will be brought up here!
Q. what sort of troubles would a ghost bring a human? would the ghost's living friends or relatives recognize them if they're on the show?
A. any instance of a ghost interacting w a human is a no-go. in this story, which follows buddhism and taoism, the reason why ghosts interacting w humans is seen as harmful is due to the strong yin energy that ghosts carry, which counteract a human's natural yang energy and will cause them to lose their luck, physically weaken them, and may even cause their deaths if the ghost follows for too long. reapers are generally good at spotting ghosts right off the bat, bc after so long of being dead and not heading to the underworld to reincarnate, the ghosts are either malevolent or they still have grievances to resolve, and they'll have accumulated ample amounts of yin energy. the only way to hide this is to disguise their energy in a location already filled w yin energy (the studio where 101y is filming, for example ^___~) or having external human help to pretend to be a human/possessing a body. just know that being corporeal takes a lot of energy if they're using their own body !! which also leads to the next point - living relatives and friends won't recognize the ghost since the ghost will most likely not be using their own body due to how much they'll be relying on both their energy and/or their external human help
 
Q. when a ghost possesses a human's body, are both in control of the body, and can both communicate with one another?
A. a ghost will typically possess a corpse/someone who has recently passed away, as that's a prime vessel to occupy. this is why there will be instances of people having drowned or be terminally ill in the hospital, only to bounce back from their illness and perhaps have a personality change as well. the only time ghosts would actively occupy an alive body are most likely religious shamans calling the spirit into their body for whatever reason, and then the ghost will temporarily be in full control of the body.