18. Lords of the Underworld

Lords of the Underworld
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Lords of the Underworld

 

“You think so?” Chan asked Hansol, being extremely secretive with his question. Hansol nodded and crossed his arms, “They sooo~ like each other,” he stressed in reply. 

 

Chan smirked, “Do you want to bet Mingyu is so jealous right now?” Chan questioned, nudging Hansol in the arm. Hansol chuckled and turned his head to find the Immortal mentioned. He noticed Mingyu was pouting while staring at Wonwoo.  

 

“No need to bet, mate. He is sooo~ totally jealous,” Hansol answered with a nudge in return. Chan nodded, “He sooo~ needs a girl. I mean, aren’t you surprised he hasn’t left the house in like nearly an entire day without bringing a woman home?” Chan questioned Hansol with a knowing stare. 

 

Hansol nodded in agreement, “He sooo~ needs to get into someone’s pants.”

 

“Whose pants?” Chan and Hansol jumped at the sudden interruption. They turned their heads and spotted Haneul staring at them as well as the other Immortals. 

 

The younger Immortals gulped and smiled, “W-What?” they both stuttered in unison, trying to cover up their conversation. 

 

One particular Immortal glared towards their way and bit his lips in frustration. 

 

A second later, Chan and Hansol’s shirt lifted above their heads, revealing their toned abs. Both Immortals struggled with their shirts while Mingyu had a little fun on his own.

 

Seungkwan’s eyes widened, quickly blocking Haneul out of view. “Hey,” Haneul said and tried shoving the Immortal to the side. He refused to move and stood firmly in front of her. 

 

When Haneul finally had her hands around Seungkwan, Chan and Hansol were on the floor, knees and hands to the ground while panting for breath. 

 

Haneul blinked, curiously wondering what had just happened. She heard someone chuckle and turned her head to look at Mingyu. He cleared his throat and winked at Haneul teasingly. She just shook her head at his mischievousness and turned to the Immortals on the floor.

 

“Are you two okay?” Haneul asked the younger Immortals who struggled to stand up. They both gulped and nodded quickly. 

 

“W-We’re fine...” Hansol mumbled while Chan cuddled in fear next to Jeonghan. Jeonghan patted Chan’s head and encouraged the younger to never mess with Promiscuity. 

 

“He gets really pissy,” Jeonghan whispered, making sure Mingyu was out of hearing range. 

 

Chan giggled, earning a stare-down by Mingyu. His eyes widened in horror, hustling over to Hoshi, hoping the older Immortal would save him from the eyes of Promiscuity. 

 

Hoshi exhaled a deep breath and rolled his eyes. He pushed Chan away and walked over to Haneul. Chan cursed at the older and ran back to Jeonghan, the only Immortal he could rely on after all.

 

“Are you alright?” Hoshi asked, worried about the human in front of him. 

 

Haneul nodded and smiled, “I am fine,” she replied. Hoshi nodded and turned around, walking back to where he stood earlier. 

 

Haneul raised a brow and stared at him, wondering what his weird approaches meant. He wasn’t speaking to her in a demeaning way anymore and that kind of worried Haneul in a way.

 

Nonetheless, she was grateful they weren’t bickering like children.

 

Minghao stared at Haneul and then glanced at Joshua. Joshua nodded and Minghao stepped forward, “Miss Haneul,” he called. 

 

Haneul turned to look at Minghao, “Yes?” she replied. 

 

Minghao smiled, “You are now in our presence,” he said. 

 

Haneul nodded and blinked consistently, “Y-Yes...” she stuttered. 

 

“But what is inside of us is not,” Minghao added. Haneul gulped and stared at them, feeling her whole body tense. She then scanned the room, having made eye contact with each Immortal. She swallowed the nervousness down and grabbed Seungkwan who was closest to her. 

 

“Help me!” she whispered into Seungkwan’s ears. 

 

He raised a brow, “What?”

 

“Who are you?” Seongcheol asked, glaring at the human across the room. He made eye contact with her and waited for Haneul to answer his question. 

 

Haneul squeezed Seungkwan’s arm and started to panic. 

 

“W-Why are your friends interrogating me?” she stuttered in fear. Seungkwan chuckled, only receiving a smack on the arm. 

 

“Hey, this is not right. I should actually be asking all of you that!” Haneul shouted after realizing what she was getting herself into. 

 

The Immortals stared at Haneul with wide eyes, shocked by her sudden outburst. Haneul placed her hands on her hips and stared at all of the Immortals in the entertainment room. 

 

“Just what did I get myself into?” she asked herself. 

 

Mingyu smirked, “Hey honey,” he uttered suddenly, winking at Haneul  across the room. Haneul squinted her eyes at the keeper of Promiscuity. 

 

“Are you trying to flirt with me?” she asked. 

 

Mingyu grinned widely and flipped his hair, “Am I?” he wondered.

 

“Mingyu. Behave,” Hoshi told the Immortal of Promiscuity. Mingyu scoffed and obeyed the older Immortal’s command.

 

“You had not believed me when we told you everything about us,” Hoshi stated, crossing his arms. 

 

Haneul frowned and nodded her head slowly, “I’m sorry,” she apologized. “I just...I thought you guys were crazy...” she honestly replied. The Immortals’ raised their brows and snickered. “Any human would have thought the same…” Haneul ignored the remarks and continued. “But I think I have no choice now...do I?” she wondered, blinking at the Immortals in her proximity. 

 

The Immortals nodded without a second thought, some even smiling her way. Haneul’s eyes rounded, startled by their friendly looks and she quickly hid behind Seungkwan again. 

 

Seungkwan rolled his eyes and stepped aside, only to be followed by the human. Seungkwan clenched his teeth in frustration and grabbed Haneul from behind. “We’re not wolves. We will not bite you so stop hiding behind me,” Seungkwan told Haneul. He pushed her forward and sat her down in the vacant chair next to Jeonghan. 

 

Jeonghan looked up and grinned, “Hey,” he cooed. Haneul scoffed and turned away from Jeonghan’s flirtatious eyes. Jeonghan stared at Haneul and then grinned wider, “Interesting,” he mumbled.

 

“A-Are you guys r-really paranormal beings?” Haneul stumbled with her words momentarily. The Immortals just stared at her. 

 

“We do not call ourselves that, Miss Haneul,” Joshua answered a few moments later. “But yes. We are Immortals. The Immortals,” Joshua implied and smiled. 

 

“The Immortals?” Haneul asked curiously. 

 

Joshua nodded, “Yes. We are they. They are us.”

 

“Not sure what you are trying to say,” Haneul replied, causing some Immortals to burst into laughter. 

 

“I apologize, Miss Haneul,” Joshua said with a small pout. 

 

“Please, just call me Haneul, or for some, Human,” she commented and turned her head to stare precisely at Seungkwan and Hoshi. Both Immortals leaned back and eyed Haneul in return. “No, don’t call me that. Unless you want to feel my wrath,” she added afterwards, changing her mind. 

 

Seongcheol, who was just minding his own business, suddenly hissed, but his hiss slowly turned into mocking laughter.

 

“Ha! The human thinks she can be angrier than me!” Seongcheol shouted sarcastically. Haneul turned her head and shot Seongcheol a death glare. That death glare instantly shut him up.

 

Seongcheol’s eyes widened and he froze.

 

“Holy ...” he thought to himself. 

 

Chan, Seokmin, and Mingyu busted out laughing, completely entertained by the human in their home. They stopped their laughter seconds after when Hoshi glared at them to be quiet. They gulped and stood back obediently. 

 

“What Joshua hyung was trying to say is that we are the Immortals that other beings are gossiping about,” Hoshi explained. “Joshua hyung is implying that they are the demons that reside inside all of us. Demons you might have heard of,” Hoshi continued. 

 

Haneul nodded, “Okay...I’m getting there. Kind of making sense...” she muttered under her breath.

 

“She doesn’t believe us,” Jihoon told Jun. Jun nodded, “Agreed,” he replied with a stare towards the human. Seungkwan shook his head and sighed. 

 

“It’s story time,” Seungkwan said and everyone turned to look at him. “What?” he wondered. “If we are planning to keep this woman, we might as well tell her our story and who we are. Before we deal with her that is,” he added with a smirk. 

 

Haneul glared at Seungkwan and cursed under her breath. He giggled and ignored her curses aimed at him.

 

Seungkwan took a seat on the floor, right in front of Haneul and stared up at her with a mischievous look. “I’m going to tell you a story of us,” he told Haneul. Haneul stared down at Seungkwan and then nodded, “O-Okay,” she replied. 

 

Seungkwan smiled, “Have you ever heard of the Lords of the Underworld?” Seungkwan asked Haneul, hoping she had heard of them before from someone from the Institute. 

 

Seungkwan waited and smiled to himself when Haneul’s eyes widened a few seconds later. She pointed at him and then the others behind him, “You!” she cried, a puzzled look on her face. 

 

Seungkwan nodded, “We are the Lords of the Underworld.”

 

“Hanbit, what are you looking at?” Haneul had asked her twin brother one night. Her twin turned around and smiled, “Haneul, I found something interesting,” he said. “What?” she had wondered. “I came across a story, something I found very interesting than others,” Kang Hanbit told Kang Haneul. “And what would that be?” she had questioned her older brother. “I’ve actually been researching this for a while. Finally I came across something...” her brother mumbled. “It's a myth, but I am sure they are here. In our world. Right now and have been for a long time,” he added. Haneul stared at her brother, shaking her head. “You must have gone crazy bro,” she teased. Kang Hanbit shook his head, “I am not!” he argued. Haneul had laughed at her brother for being strange, but nonetheless, she had believed him that moment. 

 

Almost.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter