008

Someone's Someone

 

 

 

Hyungwon glanced at his friend as they stood outside the convenience store; she was quietly munching on her sandwich while staring at the street.

“What happened?” Hyungwon asked before taking a sip from his tea, the girl shrugged and took another bite.

“You were kind of looking forward to it,” He said as he brought the cup of juice towards her, the girl leaned over and took a small sip.

“I was. I mean, I was having fun. But,”

“Did he do something that made you uncomfortable?” Hyungwon softly spoke, she shook her head.

“I just…I don’t know. Do you think,”

Hyungwon asked for her sandwich, knowing that she wouldn’t be able to finish it.

“Do I think what?” He asked before taking a bite.

“I’m insensitive?” She asked, Hyungwon turned to her, his brows going up.

“Insensitive?”

Jaehee nodded and took the juice from him, she leaned against the railing behind them.

“Did he say that?”

“Just answer the question.”

“Did he say that to you?” Hyungwon replied, Jaehee scrunched her nose before speaking.

“Kind of.”

Hyungwon paused and glanced at her, his forehead creased briefly.

“You’re not. Irresponsible, yes. Insensitive? Nope.” Hyungwon said, Jaehee sighed and slapped his arm. Hyungwon chuckled and mussed her hair.

“You should talk to him if that doesn’t sit well with you. Disappearing on him like that isn’t nice.” Hyungwon said as he finished the sandwich.

“Can we get ice cream?” She muttered, Hyungwon opened one arm to her and they walked back into the shop.

“Juyeon’s pissed at me?” Jaehee murmured, he let out a chuckle before giving her a quick hug.

“Yes. Your usually chill brother was not so chill earlier. So, be prepared. He’ll probably tell on you.”

Jaehee made a face and just headed straight for the ice cream display.

 

 

 

“Jaehee?” Seri looked up from her table, she tilted her head as she looked at the online article again. There was a photo of her friend attending some charity event a couple of weeks ago, and she was smiling while chatting with another woman.

“She sounded a little weird on the phone earlier.” She murmured, the young lady was in the middle of packing when she decided to browse the Internet for some news back home.

She spotted Hyungwon at the back, he had one drink in hand while talking to another familiar face.

“They always attend events together. How cute.” She mused, the girl stood up and checked her phone.

“Doesn’t she have boyfriend? Why isn’t she taking him instead?” She murmured as she walked towards the closet and went through her pile scarves.

“Oppa mentioned him.” She said, she grabbed her phone again and dialed for her brother, the older male answered after a few rings.

“Seri, do you need me to pick you up~”

“No, oppa. What’s his name again? The guy Jaehee’s seeing?”

“What about him?”

“His name.” She insisted as she started zipping her bags close.

“Park Chanyeol, why?”

“I was going through all these..articles about recent events back at home and at the company, how come Jaehee doesn’t bring him to parties?”

“Ah, I think she hasn’t officially introduced him to her parents yet. Why?”

“It’s been over a year, right?” She murmured, her brother hummed back, she could hear the he was driving.

“Does he get along with Hyungwon?” She mused.

“You know Hyungwon, he’s not the type to comment or anything.”

“Really?”

“He tolerates him, I think.”

“Then, that’s not good news, then?” Seri mused, her brother snorted.

“It probably isn’t. Should I call home to have your room~”

“It’s fine, oppa. I asked Jaehee asked if I could crash at their place for a bit. I’m sure uncle and aunt misses me.”

“Just please don’t cause trouble, miss Son.”

Seri chuckled and ended the call, she turned to her laptop again.

“Right, as Jaehee’s boyfriend, he must get along with the Chae Hyungwon too.”
 

 

 

Juyeon shook his head as he walked across the lobby, his sister secretary was right behind him.

“Did the vice president Chae find her?”

He turned to him and nodded.

“Yes, she was at this market. You can go up.” Juyeon replied, the older male gave him a polite bow before leaving.

Juyeon walked through the revolving doors and asked for his car, he was about to call his sister when a familiar Mercedes Benz Wagon pulled over a few meters away from him. His forehead crumpled briefly, he saw her sister’s boyfriend slide down from his car.

“Juyeon-ah,” Chanyeol waved at him. Juyeon nodded back and approached the older male.

“Hyung, what brings~”

“Is she back? How did she get back?” Chanyeol was glancing at the doors, the youngest Lee could see how anxious he was.

“Yes, she’s back in Seoul now. Noona didn’t call you?”

“Really? She didn’t. Is she in her office?”

Juyeon blinked and glanced back at the entrance, his sister wasn’t in her office. He had assumed that Hyungwon dropped her off at their house and Jaehee would go find Chanyeol.

“She..didn’t call you?”

“No. I thought she’s with you.”

“No, I haven’t seen her ever since.”

“Should I give her a call? She’s not mad at me, isn’t she?” Chanyeol chewed on the insides of his cheek.

“Actually, I think you should call Hyungwon hyung instead, noona’s phone is off.”

“Oh. Him.”

Juyeon’s brows went up at the older male’s tone.

“Noona introduced you to each other, right?”

“She did. I just..never had the chance to really talk to him.” Chanyeol nodded at him, he glanced at his car again.

“Then, hyung, would you like me to call for you?”

“Hmm, I kind of have to be at this gathering tonight. I’m not sure…”

Juyeon remained quiet, he put his phone back in his pocket.

“Do you think I can come by your house later?”

“Hmm, just call noona before going, hyung. I don’t really know what she’s thinking so,”

“Okay, drive safely.” Chanyeol patted his shoulder before moving away. Juyeon exhaled as he watched the car drive away from the building’s curb.

“I don’t even know what’s going on.”

 

 

 

“When I said I’d drop you off, I meant at your house.” Hyungwon grumbled as the girl hopped towards his living room, he picked up his phone and called his secretary’s number.

“Yes, sir?”

“I need the rental car returned, have someone get it here.”

“Yes, ah, right, sir. Miss Cho was here earlier, she claims that you were supposed to meet.”

Hyungwon paused, his brows went up, he glanced at the living room. Jaehee was already seated on the carpeted floor, browsing through the TV channels.

“I’ll call her.”

He put his phone down and made his way to the kitchen.

“Do you want anything to drink?” He called out as he opened the fridge.

“How about we invite our friends over and have dinner?”

“No.” Hyungwon replied as he returned to the living room with a glass of water, Jaehee grinned at him, knowing how much her friend didn’t really enjoy having visitors.

“Minhyuk did message me wanting to hang out.”

“Maybe next week. Are you feeling better?” He asked as he sat down, Jaehee shrugged and leaned against the coffee table.

“I have this project opening to attend tomorrow, and I know I did say I’d be at lunch~”

“Don’t you dare cancel when you were the one who scheduled it.” Hyungwon stated, Jaehee grinned at him.

“Come on, it’s Heejin, Hyungwon. We’ve known her since we were…kids.” She trailed off.

“When did we meet her?” She turned to him; the girl had ended up choosing some random dystopian film on Netflix.

“Middle school, I think. Sit here.” Hyungwon patted on the couch, Jaehee shook her head and opened a bag of chips.

“Your back is going to hurt later.” He commented, Jaehee grumbled back, ignoring him and she continued watching the film. Hyungwon leaned back and checked his messages, Heejin had sent him some. And the girl sounded worried, his brows rose.

“Hey, kid.”

“What?” Jaehee hissed in reply.

“Heejin texted. What do I say?”

Jaehee smiled and crawled over to him, Hyungwon handed his phone to her.

“What’s this? You two made plans today? Why didn’t you tell me?” She made a face as she read the messages.

“Yes, to get coffee or something.”

“Why didn’t you show up? You cold-hearted man.”

Hyungwon sighed and watched as she began to type a reply for him.

“Well, if you didn’t act up today, I would have gone to meet her. But no, you just had to leave your boyfriend and not tell anyone where you were heading. Now, whose fault is it?”

Jaehee flinched and inched away from him.

“You didn’t have to come find me, I was heading back home.”

“Home? Really? Where are you now?” Hyungwon shot back, Jaehee sighed and climbed up the couch beside him.

“Can we drop it?”

“Depends.” He rolled his eyes at her and took his phone back, Jaehee chuckled.

“So, lunch tomorrow?” She said as she picked up another chip, he nodded at her.

“Be nice to her. Give her a chance.”

“I..try.” He muttered as he took the bag from her, she nodded at him.

“How was today? Did..you at least enjoy being at the beach?”

“It made my hair frizzy. Thank you for having food delivered by the way. How much do I owe you, young master Chae?”

Hyungwon shook his head at her and continued eating.

“What time should I pick you up tomorrow? Will you be at the office?” He asked, his eyes still on the screen.

“Let’s go separately, what will Heejin think?”

“Who cares what she thinks.”

“You said you’ll try to be nice!”

Hyungwon rolled his eyes again and leaned back on the couch.

“I’m warning you, Lee Jaehee.”

“What now? Don’t get crumbs on your couch?”

“No, we both know you always leave crumbs here, but,”

Jaehee turned to him, her brows going up.

“Don’t force it.” He said to her.

“Force, what? You and Heejin? I’m not forcing you. Kind of.” She blinked at him, his lips quirked up and he shook his head.

“That and other things.”

“What other things?”

“That’s for you to think about.”

 

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++