drizzles

south club

 

Yuri wakes up to light ticks of water droplets and cold seemingly hugging blanket breezes; if not only because of her annoying alarm clock set at exactly 6 AM, she wouldn't think twice and fall into slumber again. But, school. Looking at the calendar, her face lit up, ironically making her yawn. Friday, February 14 it says, immediately attracting the thought of yas-i-can-sleep-for-an-hour-more.

The school she's in holds events during this mundane day. Inviting many third parties to enter and sell something Yuri doesn't bother knowing, what's important is that all students are excused. Just sign your attendance and you're free to roam around the school and of course, go home--if you won't be caught by the guards, that is. And surely, attendances during events need no time; really a fortunate thing for a still sleeping Yuri.

Yuri wakes up an hour and a half later; 7:30, just the right time to go, she thought as she smiled and fixed her bed. Finishing the meal prepared by her mom, she stands up, puts the dishes on the sink, and goes out of the house. The drizzle is still on and bet, Yuri loves it. Adjusting her cap, she smiled once more before entering the bus that would take her to school.

You can say Yuri loves the school and you won't be entirely wrong, she loves someone on it to be specific. She's not sure herself when it started, from the sudden you're beautiful, Yul compliment maybe. But that's too light compared to what Yuri feels. Is it because of the Einstein-like brain and ammo attacks during debates? The continuous cutesy whining before that? The random times when sunlight decides to strike her already blinding face? Or to be specific, that moment she waited for Yuri to finish tying her shoelaces despite the squad on move? Hck, there's even a time she walked Yuri to the bus station even when her driver was already waiting for her at the school gate. If Yuri's like what she used to be before, she wouldn't even think twice and just blurt a confession in one of their lunches. But hello, does the girl Yuri likes--Minju, if you are to name--even swing on that way?

Yuri shrugs the thought, puts two of her AirPods on, and drives off into the wonderland--the drizzle is to be solely blamed. 

Yuri arrived at school, a bit reluctant to enter because God knows how she wants to sleep a day more. But she's now in front of it, there's no turning back, and well, looking at the positive side, Yuri can make a new memory to cherish with a certain same-aged classmate.

Her pair of eyes immediately found a familiar back--back she could not mistake as anyone else's apart from the girl she has been constantly thinking of. Even her hair is as gorgeous as she is, how unfair. Yuri thought before waving a hi to her group of friends, announcing her arrival. Of course, that took Minju's--even her name.. so beautiful--attention as well. "Yul hi!" She greets with the familiar eye and toothy smile, "Must be in a good mood, Min?" Yuri answers. The said Min just nodded and averted her attention to what she was doing earlier--learning the dance steps.

All high school seniors were tasked to present a dance performance apparently, and Yuri couldn't dodge that bullet either. Their section, being in a Science-focused program, decided to present something light; just for the sake of presenting. That doesn't mean they'll lack-off max tho, a competitive class president won’t let that. So, as unfortunate as it could get, they will have a practice today. And Minju being one of the dance enthusiasts, is learning the new steps in advance. I'll ask her to teach me those, mm sounds like a plan. Yuri thinks as she was jotting her attendance.

Yuri couldn't do what she planned to; not to be shameless. Or actually, blame thy class president. They started practicing an hour and a half ago. Exactly 3 minutes right after Yuri's arrival. Leaving her no time to prepare nor actually plan the said plan. They're taking a short break right now. Yuri, for once not being a useless gay, took it as her chance to approach a resting Minju. She spots an empty seat right beside the girl, "Min! You good?" Yuri asks as she occupies the said seat. Minju only nods, still with the same smile albeit with a tint of exhaustion. With a dot-like reply, Yuri isn't sure how to keep the conversation--if you can even call it like that--going. Not minding everything, she pulls out her AirPod and decides to dive into the music world. But not before giving the other piece to the girl beside her, which was gladly received. 

Hug Me by South Club. The room was almost empty when Taehyun, the vocalist of the band, sang the first word. Seconds after, no one remains except the two girls sharing the same bubble. It was silent, almost deafening for others yet the most comfortable sound for the two. Yuri and Minju, sitting side by side and just enjoying the same piece of music. Maybe this is what they define as peace, Yuri and maybe Minju, as well, think.

Every day I meet someone and spend the night with them, biting a cigarette late at night. Well, the lyrics don't seem to apply with the younger but who cares really? Both of them don't understand Korean anyways--okay, they actually do but let's pretend they don't :nervous-laugh: What's important for now is how soothing the vocals and accompaniments are. 

The song reached the 1:24 mark, and Yuri did something she half regrets doing--looking at Minju. She was curious about the other girl's reaction to the song at first but now, she can't seem to take her eyes off Minju at all. Yuri can see how define Minju's features are. Jawline is as sharp as an axe yet partnered with cheeks much softer than dumplings. Nose highly pointed but still irks Yuri's want to bop it. Eyes closed which makes her seem like dreaming, it's closed yet Yuri can imagine the beautiful sparkles it has. And lips, pink bumpy ones, leaving nothing but silly questions inside Yuri's head. How would it feel? What would it taste like..? for example. Yuri shakes her head in an attempt to let the silly thoughts go, attempting to wake herself up, however certain desires cannot be shaken off and are maybe bound to stay unless done.

Yuri shakes her head for the last time, now feeling pink blushes on both of her cheeks. She has also come to notice the not-so-little butterflies inside her stomach; it feels great, ye, but never did any romance story relate these so-called butterflies to bombs. And Yuri curses on that. She wonders if there's a manual on how to diffuse this way another kind of bomb, maybe life--love life, to be exact--would be much easier if there really is. What love.. wait love. L O V E. And that's when Yuri had a deja vu of everything that happened on the entrance earlier today.

Yuri arrived at school, a bit reluctant to enter because God knows how she wants to sleep a day more. But she's now in front of it, there's no turning back, and well, looking at the positive side, Yuri can make a new memory to cherish with a certain same-aged classmate. The want to just be comfortable yet she's in there too deep, leaving her no choice but to indulge deeper. "Min.." as to where Yuri got that courage, she's not sure herself. What she does know and is sure of is, she just has to look at the positive side. 

"Min, I lik--Yul! What song is this?? THIS IS SO GOOD!!" And the sparkles Yuri imagined earlier are really there, much prettier actually. Almost like there are little bubbles inside Minju's eyes--ones that illuminate magical prism-like colors. Ones so precious, ones to be protected. And so, "Right?? Hug Me by Sou.."

Well, maybe next time. Yuri smiles.

 

 

 

 

 

 

__________

 

Yul: Min!! A moment with me that you won't ever forget?

Min: The time we were listening to a song during a break! South club, wasn't it? It was so fun even though we did nothing but feel the music. I felt so comfortable, so safe! Like no one would ever try to hurt me or even when someone tries to, there's someone that would protect me. That kind of feeling? ^^ I'm rambling, aren't I? Still!! It was so precious, I won't ever forget it!!