Time Will Tell

Defend the Past

Ga Eul was scared, where was she and how was she ever going to get back to the shop or even home? Her heartbeat increased as she heard footsteps, her back facing the figure. Jan Di and her watched too many horror movies to know just when to escape but where would she even go? Scanning the dark street she stood on, thinking fast she grabbed the nearest item and thanked the heavens it was a metal rod; it is amazing how many crazy things you can find on the streets Ga Eul mentally noted. She didn't mean to hit anyone but she wanted to be safe, better safe than sorry she reassured herself. She froze in place when hearing the figure getting closer and this time he whistled a tune; this tune she knew too well, causing shivers down her spine and her heartbeat was now racing immensely. The figure spoke getting closer but Ga Eul's ears had become numb and all she heard was mumbles, as she felt him reach out to her she gripped the rod and whacked it on the figure's head, seeing the man fall on the ground, frightened Ga Eul, she dropped the rod letting it rattle on the ground and ran back towards the studio. As she ran to her destination, a strong gust of cold wind hit her chest but she only continued to run to the studio and rush inside.

"Back so soon I see?" Yi Jung smirked looking towards Ga Eul whose breath heaved from the running and frightening incident. Without a word Ga Eul grabbed Yi Jung's arm and pulled him with her as she headed out the studio, completely missing Woo Bin's presence while he sipped his tea. This encounter caused his lips to curve upwards to each corner and laugh to himself. This girl was really something and he couldn't wait to get to know her more.

"Yah! What is your issue?" Yi Jung successfully pulled his arm out of Ga Eul's grasp.

"Drive me home! Now!" Ga Eul was furious, she had enough on her plate, she didn't need to get into more messes. She didn't even take a moment to look at the guy she just hit but she wasn't going to tell anyone that, surely she didn't hit him that hard. He would be alright, Ga Eul hoped.

"Why would I do that? You are a grown lady go yourself!" Yi Jung yelled back. As he turned to head back in his studio, Ga Eul sprinted towards him and pulled out the keys from his pocket as she saw the keychain hanging out. "Yeah you are right, I can go by myself." Ga Eul had no idea what got over her but she just needed to get out of this place, the last thing she needed was more trouble. Yi Jung attempted to get his keys back but Ga Eul was surprisingly fast moving from one car to another parked near his studio.

Her actions made Yi Jung scoff "Yeah, can you even drive?"

"No, but I guess it is never too late to learn right? A few scratches here and there and I will be driving like a pro!" Ga Eul joked as she continued to attempt to find his car and figure out how the heck the car key worked. Sure she couldn't drive but she knew car keys weren't this big with so many buttons. But of course these rich chaebols have to own everything extra and pointless, Ga Eul thought to herself. Yi Jung on the other hand was furious with how this girl had the nerve to say she would damage his car, yet his anger washed over him as he witnessed her frustrated with trying to work his car remote.

"Good luck finding my car-"

"His car is over here" Before Yi Jung finished, Woo Bin yelled out standing next to his favorite orange lotus. Woo Bin had a big smile on his face as he pointed his head towards Yi Jung's car. Out running Ga Eul, Yi Jung stood in front of his friend with furrowed brows. "Yah! What are you doing?"

"Bro, why be so cold? She doesn't know where to go and it's dark out. You kinda owe her." Woo Bin raised his eyebrows and pressed his lips together. Yi Jung glanced at Ga Eul who caught up to them and stood next to his car.

"Aish! Get in the car, I will drop you back to the porridge shop."

"No, I need to go home."

"Fine. Give me my keys." Yi Jung outstretched his hand to Ga Eul to hand over his keys but she shook her head and took a few steps back "What if you drive off and I am left here alone?" Ga Eul commented, causing Woo Bin to chuckle followed by covering his smile as he looked away. Yi Jung gritted his teeth as he walked over to the driver side and sat in.

"It was a pleasure meeting you Ms. ?"

"Chu Ga Eul."

"Nice to meet you Ga Eul. My name is Woo Bin. Sorry about my friend, he is a little" Woo Bin swirled his finger next to his head causing them both to burst out in laughter. Yi Jung honked as he rolled down the passenger window. "If you two are done, can we get this over with?" Yi Jung's words caused Woo Bin to smile as he reached for Ga Eul's hand and kissed her knuckles, making her cheeks fill with a crimson red color. Seeing this annoyed Yi Jung. Since when did Woo Bin treat plain girls like her this way? Then a devilish smile pasted on Yi Jung's lips as he came up with an idea. 'Well two can play it that way,' Yi Jung thought to himself.

"I hope to see you again Ga Eul." Woo Bin let go of her hand and watched her look away as she sat herself in her seat. Before she could look back at Woo Bin, Yi Jung made eye contact as he came closer and closer.


"Granny! Where are you?" Lee Rang yelled as he entered the house, anger written all over his face.

"Yah! You brat, do you not have any manners? Who do you think you are? Coming to my house yelling like that? Huh?" Granny Taluipa responded as she slammed her fist on the table.

"I want my powers back! How am I going to deal with that girl without them! One minute I am running out of breath trying to keep up with her and the next she whacks me in the head," Lee Rang blabbered on as he paced back and forth in front of Granny Taluipa's desk. Taking a deep breath she looked away from where Lee Rang paced and sat down on her chair.

"Yah, who said you don't have your powers?"

"But I don't! I couldn't even use them when-"

"Did you try using your powers you little brat!" Granny Taluipa's comment caused Lee Rang to pause his pacing and look at her with shock. To test that Granny was't just lying to him, he ran around the room and in seconds he was back in the spot he stood in. He really did have his powers, Lee Rang thought to himself as he stretched out his body and began jumping up and down with joy. Granny Taluipa rolled her eyes seeing him act as a child, but before she could say anything, Lee Rang was sitting in front of her, his smile never leaving his lips.

"This means I am free? I got my powers back so I completed the task? I helped that girl and- ouch!" Granny Taluipa rolled up her newspaper and hit it on Lee Rang's head.

"Granny! What was that for? You know I already got hit in the head by that girl and I passed out"

"You didn't pass out because she hit you. I'm the one who knocked you out."

"What!"

"You think if she hit you then you wouldn't have acted on your instincts and shown her your true self? I didn't trust you to handle the situation professionally seeing your track record" Lee Rang pointed his finger towards Granny Taluipa but as no response came to mind, he let his hand fall avoiding Granny Taluipa's gaze. "So I really had my powers all this time?"

"Yes. Now that you know that, maybe you can handle your goal carefully and with more effort? You think you can handle that kid?" Lee Rang stood from his chair and immediately bowed.

"What is this for?" Granny Taluipa questioned, raising an eyebrow.

"Well I was told you should always bow to your elders and I mean you are almost a billion years old right? I mean it shows on your face and-" before Lee Rang could finish Granny Taluipa grabbed her paper weight and threw it his way which he was able to catch with ease.

"What am I wrong? Is it more years?"

"Get out of my house!" Granny Taluipa yelled. Lee Rang flashed Granny Taluipa a smile as he placed the paper weight back on her table and headed out.


"You again?" Lee Rang sighed as his brother stood in front of him.

"I told you we had to talk and you left the house without giving me another glance. How rude." Lee Yeon squinted his eyes as he placed the end of his umbrella on Lee Rang's shoulder causing a gust of strong wind to pass by them. Lee Rang closed his eyes, taking a deep breath.

"Where are we now?" Lee Yeon flashes his brother a smile in response before walking past him towards the store. Lee Rang turned around to witness that he stood in front of the Creamy cream ice cream shop. Finding it pointless to argue, Lee Rang threw his hands in the air and headed inside.

After getting their ice creams Lee Rang watched with disgust as Lee Yeon ate his mint chocolate ice cream with joy.

"Yah, why are you so obsessed with this ice cream?"

"I never complained about your plain strawberry ice cream did I? Leave my mint chocolate ice cream alone," Lee Yeon responded, picking up his cup of ice cream and placing a small kiss on the side of it.

"If you are done making out with your ice cream, are you going to tell me what you needed to talk to me about? I have a task to complete so I can get back to a normal life."

"Nothing about us is normal. But okay, I wanted to let you know that I will be helping you out-"

"Who said? I don't need your help. I can do this on my own. No way, I don't want your help."

"It's not your decision. I knew you had come back from the afterlife when Granny agreed to giving you a second chance. After talking to her, she allowed me to time travel back and forth only to help you, since I know why you have been given this task."

"So what, you are my bodyguard now? A guardian for a guardian?" Lee Rang scoffed. "You sure you and Granny aren't just playing a joke on me? Is this even a real task?"

"It is real. But you will have to go through a lot of pain and I couldn't let you go through that by yourself."

"So let me get this straight, you can only go back 10 years when you need to help me? So right now I am talking to the future Lee Yeon?"

"Bingo. But don't forget we only live in one timeline at a time so there really is no past or future me."

"Ahh this is all too confusing. Whatever, I don't care anymore. Just at least tell me how I can get out of this fast." Lee Rang leaned back on his chair, closing his eyes. Lee Yeon stood up from his spot and walked towards Lee Rang standing next to him. "There is no easy way out brother." As those words entered Lee Rang's ears he shot open his eyes in shock and saw that he was in his bedroom.


A/N: Hope you enjoyed this chapter! I had a lot of fun writing it. I will be updating other stories soon as well as doing a small surprise valentines story! Please look forward to it, all your support and love really means a lot! Look forward to reading your feedback and reviews on this chapter!