bong jaehyun

☾ crescent eyes — a collection of short stories feat. golden child

you just finished night classes at school and you were super tired. on your way home, you decided to take the shortcut through the dark alley. you just want to quickly get home and sleep. 

what you didn’t realise was that a group of thugs were hanging around the dark alley. you widened your eyes when one of them had a baseball bat on his hands. you were about to turn around and take the longer way instead but there were some more thugs behind you. you were trapped. 

you started to regret taking the shortcut. you mentally hit yourself on the head while thinking of ways to get out of there. if you run, all these thugs will definitely run after you and they definitely are faster than you. if you scream, they would probably hit you on the head.

“hey little girl, wanna play with us?” one of the thugs slowly approached you, almost touching you. you slapped his hand away. “don’t touch me,” you sternly said.

your heart was beating so fast and you were so scared. you don’t want them to touch you. you just want to go home. your tears were threatening to fall but you know that if you cry, it’s a sign of weakness. you cannot show your weakness in front of these thugs. 

one of these thugs suddenly grabbed your hand and you yanked it away on instinct. “I said don’t touch me!”

one of them smirked, “she’ll be fun to play.” he pulled you by your bag, making you fall down on the ground. you were scared and angry, but all you can do is stay calm. 

suddenly the guy that pulled you fell hard on the ground. you didn’t do anything and you thought it was magic, until a familiar face comes out of the shadows. 

you widened your eyes when you realised who the guy was. he is the son of one of the school directors, bong jaehyun. you were scared of these thugs but hell, you were even more scared of his crazy rich and influential parents. 

with just a blink of an eye, bong jaehyun managed to take down every single one of these thugs. it was like watching an action movie right in front of your very eyes. 

he brushed off his uniform when he was done. all the thugs were lying on the floor whining in pain after jaehyun kicked and punched them without mercy. he then approached you who were still sitting on the ground when you fell earlier. 

“get up,” he offered his hand. even though he was the one who helped you, you were still scared of him. jaehyun is not the type of guys who are nice to people. he just seemed kind of cold. 

“I don’t have all day,” jaehyun said and you immediately took his hand to get up. 

“thank you,” you said as you brushed off soil from your skirt. you widened your eyes when you saw a cut in his lips.

“oh no, there’s blood,” you cried as you pointed at his lips. he touched the part that got cut and winced. 

“we should get it treated,” you said. jaehyun shook his head no and was about to walk further down the alley but you stopped him. “it’s the least I can do,” you said. besides if his parents found out that jaehyun got hurt beating these thugs up because of you, who knows what would happen to your academic record.  

the convenience store was just around the corner and you grabbed his hand before he could protest. yes, jaehyun can be scary. but his parents are scarier. if anything is to happen to their son, you don’t want to be the one at the end of the stick. 

you let him sit at the stool inside the store while you buy some alcohol swab and band aids. 

“what’s this? you think I’m a kid?” he complained when he saw cute patterns on the bandaid. 

“it’s the only one left,” you said as you opened the alcohol swab, ready to clean the cut. “this is gonna hurt,” you warned him before applying. he looked away but still jumped when you applied it. somehow, he looks cute? 

you finished it off with the band-aid with the most neutral pattern from the band-aid box. 

noticing that he’s wearing an expensive watch and also having the latest iPhone, the contrast between you and jaehyun were obvious. he’s the rich guy, you’re the ordinary girl. you looked down on the floor in embarrassment.

“I’m sorry I got you involved,” you said, “I hope you don’t tell anyone what happened today. especially..... your parents.”

you were expecting an angry jaehyun but all you heard was his laugh. you were surprised. it was the first time you’ve heard him laugh like that. who would have thought bong jaehyun have the ability to be amused?! 

“don’t worry,” he said with a smile, “I won’t tell anyone. not even my parents. I promise.” he offered his pinky and you intertwined it. the promise is locked. 

seems like the cold jaehyun you thought isn’t so cold after all.