ONE - Beginning

Blossomed Love Flower
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Every story has an end, but in life every ending is just a new beginning.

 

 

 

There was no beginning nor an end for him. What was only in store was a remnant of emotions and memories, forever embedded inside a mind no mortal could comprehend. An existent filled with unimaginable experiences residing in an outstretched life unbothered by time.

 

A parasitic being that consumed life sources; a pure blood vampire named Gu Junhwe standing solid in this world yet had never left his obvious mark ever since a millennium years passing by.

 

Undead and immortal but also lonely.

 

Until he met him.

 

 

 

800 B.D.C - The Emperor Yong of Joseon era.

The very first time Gu Junhwe was blessed with his presence was when the mortals around him walked down the streets in hanbok. The nights were lighted up with kerosene lamps and by the shine of the moonlight portraying its exquisite beauty to the world. A time where everything was simple and quiet; peaceful at certain circumstances. Bigger hierarchy abided a constant life.

 

But this one newborn was far more ethereal. He was stunningly a blessing from Heavens gifted to the mundane world.

 

Junhwe’s had started to intertwine with this bundle of blessing as he was urgently summoned to the court by a palace advisor. It wasn’t strange to do so as he was known to be a physician in the village. Junhwe had lend his hands far too many times assisting the royalty of Joseon throughout the time and this era wasn’t an exception; with at a cost of his secret as an eternal undead being should be kept by the royalty from outsiders.

 

In return, he would never look away whenever the King and the Queen ever needed a help—whether it was attending a sick royalty or even a war.

 

This time the border by the north was attacked by a group of invaders. Although skilled, they were no match against the royal guards. Junhwe was summoned as he predicted there might be some soldiers heavily injured or such. But what he was met with when he knelt in respect before the King was out of his expectation.

 

“Physician Lord Gu Junhwe, you are indeed an intelligent man. I have a concern my mind cannot solve of its own.” King Yong had said, wearing his luxurious royalty robe with the crown shining above his head. A King Junhwe had shown his respect and so did he to the previous throne’s owners.

 

“Your Highness, My Lord, what could it be that concern you if I may ask my King?” Junhwe bowed deeply to the man yet his presence seemed much enormous than this strongest man in the kingdom. For some commoners, they had sought his presence itself was an insult to the crown but the royalty knew better. They knew and had kept the secret for generations of what the intelligent and great Gu Junhwe was. Thus his presence wasn’t an insult but indeed one even the King should fear of.

 

“The invaders that’d attacked the border, as has been informed to you they have been caught by the royal guards….” Junhwe nodded to the King’s words. He waited patiently, eyes trained to not look at the King’s eyes directly to show his respect. “But there is something peculiar I have to need your assistance, Gu Junhwe-shii.”

 

“Name it, my King. If my power is able to cease this peculiar matter and brings you ease thus I will give my very best to do so.”

 

The King wasn’t smiling nor was he frowning. Instead he called out someone from behind the halls leading to the back of the throne room. The Queen had entered escorted by several of her maids. But that wasn’t what caught Junhwe’s interest. Something the Queen was holding inside her arms that made him all concentrated.

 

And when she had stood right in front of him; with Junhwe bowing in deep respect, she had ordered him with an outstretched arms, “Oh Lord Gu, if you could’ve seen what blessing has given to us by the Heavens.” Junhwe looked up and his eyes unconsciously locked with a pair of big roundish deep-brown orbs as beautiful as the rarest dark diadems in the world, a tiny body wrapped with a ragged clothes keeping the creature warm. He had no recognition why but the moment he looked at the baby in the Queen’s arms he found himself unable to look away.

 

Before Junhwe could register it, he was already holding the infant in his arms. The child didn’t cry nor whimpered, not even a single dissatisfactory sound leaving his tiny lips. In fact, his round eyes grew even larger, as if it could swallow the whole throne room inside his doe-eyed orbs. He was indeed a beautiful human’s baby.

 

“This child belongs to one of the invaders that had attacked our borders. From the information we’ve obtained, one of them is the mother of this child.” The King said.

 

Junhwe had a moment of silent in a second before he quipped out in deep interest, “A pregnant woman?” The King nodded. “What intention would the mother have to bring a newborn infant all this far for an invasion?” Junhwe had questioned, both large hands unconsciously patting the child to calm him down although he was indeed quiet and calm.

 

“Lord Gu….” The Queen had spoken instead. “She had delivered the baby only an hour ago.”

 

Junhwe had no words to say. It was no use for him to inquire why would the child’s mother—an invader, the enemy be coming in such a dangerous state. Moreover to deliver her child here, inside the enemy’s state. Many possibilities running inside his head but he knew he shouldn’t inquire. For the King had questioned out, “Would it be of any use of him to our beloved kingdom if he’s alive or…..” The whole room stiffened, knowing exactly what would be said next. “Would it be safe for us to eradicate him? The son of our enemy?”

 

“Of whatever will bring no harm to your kingdom, Your Majesty.” Junhwe had spoken although somehow he’d felt the usual coldness he had lived with far too longer in this world started to waver. On what reasons he couldn’t decipher it. He had no idea why such a common thought to kill would bring him discomfort. This wasn’t the first time the King had sought over his opinion. Yet he had felt a heavy burden dropping on him by the thought of killing this innocent child.

 

A child that had no sins nor knowledge of the world; a pure being. A sad living mortal.

 

“If granted by the law, there shouldn’t be any exception to the enemy of the state…” King Yong’s words sounded grave and heavy, ultimate to be obeyed. But the sigh that followed afterwards brought so many differences. “However, what would be of us to dirty our already filthy hands by taking this innocent child’s right to live? When he doesn’t even asked to be born in such state?”

 

Junhwe would be lying if he said he wasn’t grateful for the King to perceive such notion. Even the Queen agreed with his words. “Oh Lord Gu, you are indeed a wise man. You have far vast knowledge than me combined with all my admirals and ministers. You are nevertheless the intelligent one.” The King said. “There are only a few inside this room to witness any decision shall befall on this poor child. Even if we would choose to pave a way in the light, there shall be no words to be spoken. The same goes if we would choose to pave a way in the dark. I as the King shall follow your words as you are the wisest of all. This child’s fate lies in your hands, Lord Gu.”

 

Junhwe looked down to the bundle of soft flesh inside his wide arms, eyes roundly staring at him with overwhelming unhindered wonders in those clueless orbs. A round face showing a pristine soul not yet tainted by the dark side of this mundane world. For such a small creature to be thrown into a sad fate wasn’t a pleasant encounter. He had pity this child and at the same time admired this bundle of little joy for still having an ounce to smile and cackle in a face of uncertain fate.

 

It was indeed in Junhwe’s hands this child’s fate shall be. So he made his decision, for this creature. For the one mortal he had felt unable to look away from its enormous endearing orbs.

 

 

 

 

The first light of the day glimmered onto the land, shining upon the sky in its glorious way. As a young boy looked up to gaze upon the magnificent untouchable object hanging mighty above the sky, another being was looking closely at him from behind.

 

The boy had both eyes closed while baring himself to the sunlight, feeling the warmth invading his senses. All the lights came glowing onto his skin, bringing the much ethereal beauty inside to show. Junhwe just kept watching with a small smile on his face, feeling himself invaded with unspeakable warmth that had never been there since …. Forever.

 

Not since he had met and raised this special kid himself.

 

Once a little bundle of happiness and cackles now had grown up into a small child, yet his heart filled with so many loves no one could be compared with. Junhwe and the royal family had sealed their mouths over the born of the enemy’s child in their state since 6 years ago. The child was raised in Junhwe’s care, kept in checked by the royal officers although Junhwe had persuaded them to no such thing when he had convinced the King that the child was no harm to any souls. It had been 4 years since the last time the royal guards came into his home to see the boy.

 

Bringing harm was a mere lies. In fact, the child himself was quite a cure for all lonely souls around them; one of them was the long-lived undead vampire Gu Junhwe.

 

Junhwe was about to call out for the child in his care after he was given the groceries he had asked from the lady, but his voice fell short to another one chiming somewhere inside the market. “Jung Chanwoo~ dear child, take this would you?”

 

Junhwe had seen a very kind old lady wearing a decent clothes with decent well-beings handling a packet of sweets and snacks for Chanwoo, a loving smile gracing her features. Chanwoo had smiled along, thanking her politely with a deep bow over the small gift. His attitude and glowing persona melted everyone passing through the alleys. No one could resist this sweet child even before a word left his tiny lips.

 

Junhwe wondered if the warmth blooming in his chest was a feeling of a proud father watching how well-grown their son had become. Ever since an infant, Chanwoo had been only a sheer blessings to his lonely life. Junhwe that had never knew love learned the true values of compassion, family and friendship. Everything came in a name of a small unfortunate infant named Jung Chanwoo.

 

He was a blessing to Junhwe’s eternal cursed life, a gift from the Divine.

 

The boy had turned to Junhwe with a big smile on his serene face as he spotted his guardian had been watching him all along. With those little feet, he came running to Junhwe and almost fell to the ground if it wasn’t the vampire abled to disclose their distance in time. He steadied Chanwoo that now was smiling while clinging to his robe shirt. He couldn’t kept his smile from showing up, “What is making you so happy, my child?”

 

“Because the weather is pleasant.” He chirped out, still holding tight to Junhwe as he looked up to the tall man. “And I got to follow Junhwe-nim around!”

 

“Sure. You love walking around inside the village, don’t you?”

 

The little Chanwoo had smiled, nodding his head en

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter