My Special Girl

The Mannequin (Jiyoo)

One year Later 

Thailand

 

The sun set upon the sea. A view that Minji never had hoped to witness in her life. It almost brought tears to her eyes just thinking about it. But the best view was the one she got when she turned around. The silver hair blew with the wind and shined brighter because of the sun. A soft smile spread on her face when she saw the eye-smile Yoohyeon had on while she talked with the brother she just got reunited with. Minji remembered the first time she set eyes on her, both in her mannequin form and her human form. Those lively eyes were the reason she smiled while falling asleep, the reason she got up in the morning, the reason she was traveling in such beautiful places. But ultimately, they were was the reason she felt her heart beat in her chest. 

« Those heart-eyes should propose » Minji snorted, looking at Bora who had come to stand next to her. 

« I don’t even have a ring yet » She countered. 

« You don’t need one. Do you think Yoohyeon will care about that? She’ll marry you anywhere and with nothing given. Plus, Siyeon proposed to me at a haunted house. You can’t do worse » 

« She wanted to drown your screams. It was smart » Minji chuckled, watching the girl in question play football with the local kids afar. It was funny because she wasn’t an athletic person at all and even seemed intimidating at first but she was actually a big softie who loved to play with kids « I wonder what weird things she’ll do when you’ll have kids » Bora snorted. 

« She’ll tell them horror stories at bedtime, made them listen to punk music, and ask them to look out for aliens » She laughed with a huge grin, watching her now wife from afar. She turned back to Minji whose eyes were glued on the silver-haired « I’m so glad to see you this happy » Minji’s smile widened. 

« Happy doesn’t even seem enough to describe how I feel » She sighed contently before turning her head to see Gahyeon and Yubin, hand in hand, coming toward them. She smiled at them, as they glanced toward Yoohyeon but more particularly at Handong next to her. It took them a long time to figure out what kind of relationship the three of them wanted but their love for one another had become so grand that it conquered all the obstacles they could encounter. Three months ago, they had moved in together, and Nannan would be the last to express he didn’t like it, on the contrary, the cat was the most spoiled he had ever been. The only complaint he could have was the lack of space on his owner’s bed now. 

« How was the walk? » Bora asked them. 

« It’s beautiful here » Gahyeon let out amazed. 

« How is it going? » Yubin asked, nodding toward the siblings. 

« Good. He remembers them, though it’s a little vague…but they seem to do alright » Minji looked at them, seeing them laugh. 

« That’s great. Now we have to find the others » Yubin sighed. 

« Siyeon’s contact is closing in on the one in France but the one we thought was in the US might be in South America after all » Bora told them. 

« Well, little by little » Gahyeon breathed out their motto for their research. Yubin suddenly laughed. 

« Siyeon is getting destroyed by these kids » 

« I’m not surprised » Bora snorted « I don’t even remember the last time I saw her work out. This is the most exercise she got in years » 

"We should go help her » Yubin proposed. Gahyeon nodded excitedly and Bora shrugged, chuckling at her wife’s struggle « Let’s go » Yubin started running in her direction, holding Gahyeon’s hand. The younger girl screamed excitedly. Bora was about to run after them when she noticed Minji wasn’t going to. 

« You’re not coming? » 

« No » Minji shook her head with a smile « I’ll stay here » Bora snorted. 

« Don’t stare at the sun too much you’re going to become blind » She teased before running away to play with the others. Minji grinned, knowing she wasn’t talking about the actual sun but rather about the personification of it in front of her. And when she looked back at her, she smiled unconsciously. She closed her eyes for a moment, breathing in the cool air. She sighed contently, feeling happiness rushing through her veins. She suddenly heard the click of a camera and opened her eyes. Yoohyeon smiled at her, lowering the device she had taken a passion for months ago. Minji must admit she was very good at it. She had captured such beautiful moments over that period of time. She was so proud of her that the walls of their apartment were covered in them. Yoohyeon gave her her eye-smile. 

« Sorry, you were just so beautiful like that » Minji’s heart fluttered at her words and even if she was used to it now, a light blush colored her cheeks. 

« How is it going with your brother? » She changed the subject as Yoohyeon came toward her. 

« It’s amazing how fast we’re connecting with each other » She slowly shook her head in disbelief « That bond is…. » 

« Incredible » Minji let out and Yoohyeon nodded. 

« Yeah » She sighed happily. She took Minji’s hand, intertwining her fingers « Thank you for coming with me » 

« Of course » Minji immediately answered « I’ll always do » She assured her. Yoohyeon grinned shyly « I love you, Yoohyeon » She leaned in and kissed her lips. Yoohyeon deepened the kiss. 

« I love you, Minji » 

The said girl felt all giddy. Even after all this time and the numerous times she had heard her say it, it always felt like the first time. She looked into her eyes, into the universe she was holding in them. She would pass the rest of her life getting lost in them and the thought made her body buzz. 

 

-

 

Dinner was spent around a table with Yoohyeon and Handong’s brother’s family. The three kids had been fascinated with them the moment they met. And the new aunts had heart-eyes when their gazes were directed toward them. The little boy, even after the four hours that they met, was still fascinated with Yubin’s tattoos. He underlined the drawings with curious eyes and wouldn’t leave her side, to the point where his father had to lift him to get him to his seat at the table. Minji didn’t know Thai and had only started to learn English but despite that, she still played with the kids, using drawings and facial expressions to communicate. And now, when she looked around the table, watching them one by one eating and conversing happily she felt at peace. The person she was more than a year ago would have never believed how she felt now, nor would have she guessed that she would be traveling the world and stimulate her tastebuds with delicious foreign food. 

She looked around the room and smiled, seeing Bora wiping Siyeon’s chin after she had spilled some food and the three kids next to her were laughing at her clumsiness. Yubin, in the middle of her girlfriends, was feeding them alternately the special rice that Yoohyeon and Handong’s brother had cooked. The three of them exclaimed their satisfaction at the taste. Suddenly, she felt a hand on her thigh. She turned her head to the side, meeting the silver-haired eyes. She smiled at her and Minji put her hand on hers, feeling the flow of her blood. 

My special girl, she thought, who came to make me feel alive. 

 

___________________________________________

 

Hey, guys! 

There it is. The last chapter *Sniff* 

I hope you enjoyed this story and sorry for the delay, the flu got me bad. 

Next week, I’ll start a new fic. This time focused on Seulrene of Red Velvet if you are interested. It’s called Crossing the Line. But if you’re only interested by Dreamcatcher don’t worry, I’m beginning to write one based on the Deja Vu MV ;) so stay tuned for that one. 

With that, thank you so much for your interest in this story <3 Take care of yourselves and see you around, or if you’re reading Outcast girls, see you in a few days <3

-J