DaVinci of Korea

Be my Valentine
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It's been a hot second since I last worked on this and I didn't think it would take me THIS long for the next chapter but university and life happened and I didn't find the motivation to write at all.
I still hope I can finish this fic quickly because I never intended for it to be long anyways, maybe two or three more chapters (but hey...never say never or whatever). This chapter turned out more different than I initinally planned so we will see what the next one brings.

 

 

It turns out that Seunghyun becomes a clingy and giggly child when he’s drunk, something that is new to Jiyong. He remembers how they sneaked alcohol upstairs into their rooms at the age of 16 and 17 and if you didn’t know that Seunghyun drank almost a whole bottle by himself, you wouldn’t have guessed he is drunk at all. But it’s not like Jiyong is opposed to seeing that somewhat oddly new side of him, it’s honestly rather...cute. He patiently helps him put on his coat and groans when Seunghyun decides to be a little , pulling his arms away every time Jiyong tries to stuff them into the sleeves.

“Come on hyung, don’t make this unnecessary hard for us. It’s cold outside and I don’t want you to freeze yourself to death,” he mumbles and with an adorable pout, Seunghyun lets Jiyong slip his right arm through the final sleeve. He continues to button up the front, his focus staying on the taller man’s chest heaving steadily as he actually keeps still the whole time.

When Jiyong dares to look up, his breath hitches at the intense look his hyung is giving him. Seunghyun’s eyes flicker between spots on Jiyong’s face he can’t quite make out, even though his brain is stupid enough to declare he definitely looked at his lips.

Hah, as if.

The moment between them ends as fast as it comes when Bom and Soohyuk step into the picture to say their goodbyes.

“Get home safe,” Bom says while giving Jiyong a side hug before moving on to Seunghyun who grins at her.

“Don’t worry, Jiyong will take good care of me.”

He says it with a boyish smile, eyes sparkling with something Jiyong can’t quite read and Soohyuk snickers beside him.

“Oh, I’m sure he will,” he mumbles under his breath and Jiyong feels the hotness creeping into his cheeks once more.

Biding their goodbyes to the last few people doesn’t take long and they eventually step out into the cold night. Jiyong has his arm around Seunghyun’s waist to keep him steady as they take the steps down the stairs to where the cab is already waiting. Jiyong opens the back door and hauls the older man into the backseat. Seunghyun’s head hits the headrest with a soft thud, showing no indication of gliding all the way through. Shaking his head, Jiyong rounds the car and gets in behind the driver.

Before Jiyong can pass Seunghyun’s address on to the driver though, they set off into the streets of Seoul, leaving Jiyong a little dumbfounded. The man behind the wheel catches Jiyong’s confused gaze and chuckles over the low tunes of the radio playing a soulful song.

“He’s a regular. Wonder why the kid always takes his car when he ends up calling a cab anyway.”

That perks Jiyong’s interest and his brows fly up all the way up to his hairline.

“A regular?”

The man hums and focuses back on the road.

“Well kind of. Been picking him up from that villa a few times now but never with someone in tow.”

Jiyong knows he has no business in who Seunghyun might take home, might have taken home in the past but this driver’s words make his mind run wild with possible implications.

They stay quiet for the rest of the ride. The bright lights of the city flash past the window, colours mixing together in an uncoordinated mass of adventure and uncertainty. Jiyong casts his eyes to the man sitting next to him, letting his gaze run shamelessly over his form. Seunghyun’s head lulls from one side to the other whenever they take a turn or when the car hits a small bump in the road, his mouth is slightly open and his eyes flutter as if he’s in a state of being only half awake.

He’s beautiful and Jiyong wants nothing more than to reach over and touch him but he can stop himself before he puts his thoughts into action. It wouldn’t feel right, it would feel like taking advantage of his friend’s state and Jiyong is not someone who sinks that low.

They enter Samcheong-dong with its unique alleys and winding streets, its art galleries and museums. Jiyong chuckles to himself, it’s the perfect area for Seunghyun to live in.

The cab eventually comes to a stop in front of a plain looking house. Jiyong thanks the driver and hands him some money before he gets out of the cab to round it once again, opening the door to help Seunghyun out.

“Hyung, we’re here,” he whispers and gently shakes his friend awake who cracks his eyes open slightly and blinks once, twice, before he seems to register where they are.

The driver casts them a glance and for sure Jiyong just imagined the small nod he sends him as he slips an arm around Seunghyun’s shoulders.

Once Jiyong is sure the other man doesn’t double over and is actually standing secure next to him, he closes the door and the cab vanishes into the night. Turning around, Jiyong gently pushes Seunghyun along.

“Where are your keys?” he asks as they stand in front of the front door. Seunghyun leans more into Jiyong as he babbles something incoherently about alpacas and rainbows, being no help at all. So Jiyong has to find them himself.

He starts to carefully slip his hands into the pockets of Seunghyun’s coat first, then into the pockets of his suit, praying to feel the cool metal against the fingers but his prayers aren’t heard. The only other option are his pants. It shouldn’t feel so wrong to reach out for his destination but it kind of does and the giggling man right next to him doesn’t make it any better.

“My my Jiyongie, we should at least have a second date first,” he breathes into his neck, sending goosebumps all over his body.

“This would be easier if you would just tell me where your damn keys are,” Jiyong mumbles and slips his hand into the other pocket.

“Don’t tell me they are at your-“

“Only one way to find out.” Jiyong’s eyes snap up to his hyung’s face who smiles sheepishly at him, his eyes dancing with mischief. For a second Jiyong wonders if Seunghyun is really as drunk as he makes it out to be, as the older man suddenly looks just as “drunk” as all those years ago (ergo: not drunk at all).

Jiyong stares at him and Seunghyun stares back, as if he challenges him to just casually reach into the back pockets of his pants. After a minute of the wordless stare-off, Jiyong eventually gives in and exhales a shaky breath he didn’t realize he was holding.

His arm slowly reaches around and pats against the right pocket and when he doesn’t feel the keys he moves onto the left. His fingers slip in to fish out the ring as quickly as possible and without waiting for a reaction coming from the taller man, he turns around to unlock the front door.

Jiyong wraps his arm around Seunghyun’s waist again and together they enter the cozy home, with Jiyong searching for the switch in the dark and when he finally finds it, they find themselves already standing in the living room. To his right there is a wardrobe with a mirror next to it while to his left there is another door, probably leading to a spare room.

Though Jiyong thought the light brick-covered walls would make the room feel cold and dull, he is surprised that at further inspecting, he finds it rather welcoming and light, matching with the light brick-free parts of the wall where paintings are residing. The dark beige couch that is pushed against the left wall looks just as comfortable to crash on that his back may not hurt the next morning – not that Jiyong is thinking about staying, not at all – and the paining above it looks oddly familiar.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter