The Encounter

The Beauty and The Beast
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

On the beautiful full moon night, under the soft cold light of lovely moon amidst the dark woods there was a lonely figure sitting on the edge of the cliff..

She softly took out the black ear pods from pocket of her skinny trackpants and plugged them in her ears. She scrolled through the list of her favorite audios and clicked on one.

She them kept phone back in her pocket and gently lied on the bed of the green grass with her eyes closed enjoying the moonlight bathing staring endlessly at the moon with her wishful eyes

A feminine voice from the audio started narrating the story

“Why is Moon so Alone?

It is because there once used to be a lover of moon in the spirit world whose name was “Kuetuatsheu” they used to be together and used to walk the skies together

Every one was jealous of the relationship between the moon and Kuekuatsheu that they all wanted them to be separated so there was a spirits called trickster who tricked spirits alot by using his wicked mind that was gifted to him.The trickster was the most jealous spirit in all of the spirits who were jealous of the relationship.

The trickster planned a very cunning plan to break the relationship, he told Kuekuatsheu that moon wanted some wild roses form the normal world and so took off Kuekuatsheu to bring back some wild roses from the spirit world but little did he know that if you leave the spirit world you cannot come back.

When Kuekuatsheu came back to the spirit world door he could not go in, then came master Avatar the controller of the spirit world he felt sad for Kuekuatsheu but since his powers could not work on the outside world so he gave the trickster jail for his whole life and the moon was so sad that she used her whole light power to Kuekuatsheu so he could ask a powerful boon from master Avatar.

The moon took sun's help in getting the light and so Kuekuatsheu asked for a boon to turn into a wolf because when he went to the forest of Sherwood he saw the harsh ways of men, how they cut trees, how they kill animals and are merciless to poor people. He saw how very harshly they cut a wolf to get it's fur and just for eating it, that is why Kuekuatsheu chose a wolf because he wanted to help the wolf tribe in some way. He did help the wolf tribe by making fear into the hearts of people, he did something and the conclusion came out good, when ever a wolf would show its four big teethes it is a better option to run but not hit it or kill it. But Kuekuatsheu still loves moon so much, at night when he sees moon he goes to cliff top and howls her name:

"MMMMMMMOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNN"

He can be at two places at a time can travel very fast because the wolf tribe had a magical power that would be given to the perfect one in the tribe.

The audio stopped and there was a long silence ..

Your Kuekuatsheu is still waiting for you my moon ….

Kim….Kim……called a voice from a back

Kim quickly got up, took out the ear pods off her ears and kept them back in her pockets and got up..

“Pii… since when have you been calling me ??” Kim quickly jogged towards Pii who was standing at some distance in a complete worn out condition..

“I was calling you while you were busy listening to your favorite legend of the Moon and Kuekuatsheu” said pii in a teasing tone grasping some breath..

“ahh… you caught me ..” said kim as she shifted her gaze from Pii’s face and tried to support her by keeping latter’s right arm on her shoulders and helping her walk..

“How was your hunting by the way…?” asked kim in a intrigued voice as they both walked slowly into the woods

“Ahh.. it was fun.. I was just about to attack this tiger…then only Fah called me …and I had to run to her..” answered Pii in a frustrating but thrilled voice..

“Lucky tiger…” smirked Kim..

“Yeah now you also make fun of me…

I know that you are the blessed one..you don’t have to turn in a wolf every full moon night against your wish like us…”

“You know I am thankful that I am not a warewolf as I am sure I wouldn’t have been lucky enough like the tiger that fah would save me ..” said Kim with a lopsided smile..

“Okay okay… enough of leg pulling… now drive me home and bandage me.. this is your punishment for making me wait for too long..”  said Kim as they reached the road next to the woods where Kim had parked her black jaguar ..

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Pie recently shifted to Bangkok with her sister cherry and mother Sheryl. She lost her father in a car crash when she was an infant hence all she has in her family is her nanny’s daughter cherry whom Pie’s mom adopted when her mother passed away and her mother who sold all her property in united states and opened a café in Bangkok under the name ‘Sweet Chariot’. Pie was diagnosed with Ewing Sarcoma in her right leg since she was born and she has always seen her right leg guarded by a metallic crutch which helped her learn walk and since then, her crutches never left her alone on the journey of her life.

“Pie Sweetheart are you ready !!! Its your first day to college you shouldn’t be late honey..” Asked Pie’s mother in a loud voice as she placed the rice porridge and juice on the dining table.

“Coming.. Mom..!!!” answered pie in a low dull voice as she kept standing in front of the long mirror in her bedroom staring herself in the reflection noticing her right leg crutch ..

5th country and 7th university in past 17 years … Now again everyone will stare at my leg , most of them will ask what happened .. some will sympathize rest will bully…

Get ready Pie… you are gonna have a great day ahead …!!! Pie sarcastically spoke to herself biting her lips in frustration

Pie came out of her bedroom faking a smile on her face and dragging her right leg with all the effort trying to reach the dinning table as quick as possible.

“Come Honey…Here I made you some porridge as you will stay strengthy whole day..Its a big day for you today..” said Pie’s mom as she quickly served some porridge on her white porcelain plate 

“Mom I m not hungry.. I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter