Chapter 2

Stand by me until the end of Time

 

You had your first lunch at Seoul Academy with Sungyeol, Hoya and Myungsoo. Even though only Sungyeol and Hoya were talking to you. Myungsoo was so quiet. “Are you really from Seoul?” Hoya asked you while taking a bite of his sandwich. You shook you head. “Then where are you from?” Sungyeol asked you. “I’m from Daegu.” You smiled at the two. “Oh really? What does it like to live there?” the two asked you. You noticed Myungsoo is not paying attention to the three of you. “It’s a nice place actually. Very quiet. Not like here in Seoul.” You said. “Oh.” Sungyeol looked at you. “So, you don’t like it in here?” Hoya was confused. “No, it’s not like I don’t like it in here. It’s nice to have a new place. It’s just that…” You were thinking if you should say about your condition. “It’s just that… I miss my friends in Daegu.” You faked a smile at them. Hoya and Sungyeol just nodded. “Well from now, we’ll be your friends.” Hoya smiled at you. Sungyeol too. You looked at Myungsoo. He gave you his poker face. “Thanks.” You smiled at them.

Lunch time was over. You have to go to your next class. “What’s your class?” Sungyeol asked you. “PE.” You sighed. You really don’t like PE. Especially when the doctors told you that you shouldn’t be exhausted because of your condition. “Oh. We have different class. So we’ll see you around?” Hoya smiled at you. You nodded then waved them goodbye. You noticed that Myungsoo was standing in front of you. “Aren’t you coming with them? You may be late to your class.” You told him. “Were in the same class, pabo.” He told you then walked to the gym. “Did he just call me pabo?” you thought to yourself. You ran after him.

You went inside the gym for your PE class. “Ok class, today were going to play volleyball.” Your PE teacher said. “I’m so dead.” You told yourself. You stood beside Myungsoo. “Do you know how to play volleyball?” You asked him. He looked at you and nodded. “Can you teach me?” You asked him again. He didn’t answer. “Ahhh, what am I going to do.” You told yourself again with a nervous expression. “It’s easy. You just have to focus.” Myungsoo suddenly told you. You smiled a little at him. “But still… I’m scared.” You pouted. Myungsoo shook his head when he saw you acting cute. “Acting cute won’t help you learn volleyball.” He said. “I’m not acting cute. I’m naturally like this.” You defended yourself. “Whatever.” He said then went to his teammates.

You looked around. You don’t know where to go since you’re a new student. “Uhm, excuse me sir. I don’t have a team yet. I’m new.” You told your PE teacher. “Oh, I see. Well, just go to team 1.” He pointed you to team 1. You went there and bowed at everyone. You don’t know anyone there actually. Myungsoo was in team 2. You keep on looking at him but he doesn’t even give you a glance. You sighed. “I need to have more friends.” You thought to yourself.

Your class started playing volleyball. You were still sitting and hoping not to put you on the court. Your PE teacher whistled. “Team 1 needs a sub!” He yelled. The team leader of team 1 pointed you. You were surprised. “Me?” You asked her. “Yes, you. Hurry up and go here.” She said. You stood up nervously and when to the court. You were uncomfortable since you can’t play volleyball. This time, Myungsoo was looking at you. He smirked when he noticed that you’re nervous. The game started again as you went to the court. The other team served the ball. “Good luck to me.” You gulped when you saw the ball coming to your side.

BAM. Next thing you know, you’re already laying on the floor. You opened your eyes and saw some of your classmates laughing. You looked at Myungsoo. He’s also laughing. You stood up and bowed as a sorry to your teammates.

PE class was done. You really didn’t do well on volleyball. It’s either you miss the ball or the ball keeps on hitting you. You sighed while changing your clothes in the bathroom. “I can’t believe I have to take this class.” You told yourself. Some girls looked at you with weird expressions because you were talking to yourself. You hurried up and went outside. You looked around to see if Myungsoo was there. But you can’t find him.

You walked to your classroom for your last class for that day. You saw Myungsoo sitting at the back. You hurriedly sat beside him. As expected, he didn’t even look at you. “Yah! I saw you laughing at me a while ago.” You pouted at him. “But its okay, that was the first time I saw you laugh.” You smiled at him. He looked at you but didn’t say anything. “You know, you should smile or talk more.” You said. “You’ll never know you’re already making someone happy when you smile or talk.” You continued. Suddenly, your teacher went inside the classroom already. You sat up straight and got ready for the class. “Did I just say that?” You thought to yourself. “That was kind of embarrassing.” You looked at Myungsoo who’s looking at the windows of your classroom.

Your classes for that day are finally done. You went to your locker and put some in some books. You saw Myungsoo and his friends on their way out of the school. You sighed. “He didn’t even say goodbye to me.” You closed your locker and walked to the gate of your school. While you’re on your way out of the school, you suddenly felt dizzy. Then you didn’t know what happened next.

You opened your eyes and saw a familiar guy standing beside you. “Where am I?” You tried to sit up and the guy helped you. “School clinic.” He said. You looked at him – confused. “Why?” You asked rubbing your eyes to see who he was. “Because you fainted dear.” He said. That’s when you realized that it was Woohyun. “Oh.” That was the only word you said. “Are you feeling okay now?” Woohyun asked you. “A bit better.” You tried to smile. The school nurse came in. “You should be careful next time Ms. ___” she said. “Is there something wrong?” Woohyun was concerned. “You know that you shouldn’t be exhausted right?” the nurse ignored Woohyun and looked at you. You tried to smile at her. “I know. I’m sorry. I’ll be careful next time.” You said. “You should.” The nurse said. “You can go now.” She said and left the room. Woohyun was confused. “I don’t get it.” He said. You chuckled a little. “You don’t need to anyway.” You said. “Whatever. I’ll walk you home.” Woohyun said. “Uhm, n-no need.” You stuttered. “It’s kind of late. It’s dangerous to walk alone.” He said offering his hand for you to get down the bed. “Fine. Thank you.” You smiled at him.

You and Woohyun were walking. He told you about his life. You can’t help but smile at him. He’s just too kind and cute. “So, what’s really happening to you?” He suddenly asked. The smile on your face faded. “What do you mean?” Of course, you were trying to avoid his question. You don’t want anyone to know about your condition. “About what the nurse told you. Why do you need to be careful? I mean yeah its normal for people to take of themselves but I feel like something is different with you.” He looked at you. Now you’re kind of getting nervous. You don’t know if you should tell him the truth. “Well….” You started. “Well, what? Come on, tell me. You can totally trust me.” He smiled a little at you. He too, was nervous on what you’re going to say.

“I’m sick.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yay! Thanks for subscribing :D Sorry for not naming the lead character's disease because to be honest, i don't know what disease is it. LOL i'm so sorry~