Chapter 1

Stand by me until the end of Time

 

It was Monday. Your first day of school at Seoul. You and your family just moved there a week ago. You’re still new to this environment. It’s very different from Daegu – where you came from. Sure it’s in the same country but for you, it’s really different. People at Seoul tend to be busier than those at Daegu.

You made your way downstairs to eat breakfast. You saw your parents and your little brother sitting at the dining table. “Oh you’re awake. Come here and eat.” Your mom told you. “It’s bad not to eat breakfast.” Your dad continued and smiled at you. Ever since they found out about your disease, they’ve been taking care of you like there’s no tomorrow. You smiled at them. “Thanks.” You said.

“Be careful okay? Just call us when you have a problem with something.” Your father reminded you for the nth time since it’s your first day at school. You chuckled at your dad’s actions. “I will. Bye!” You waved at them then rode the school bus. You sat at the back of the bus since you don’t know any of the students.

You arrived at Seoul Academy. Everyone knows it’s one of the best schools in South Korea. You honestly don’t want to be in a prestigious school not because your parents can’t afford it – they can actually, it’s just that you want to have a peaceful life like you had at Daegu.

You looked around. You were amazed at the facilities of the school. It’s very different from your old school. “Seoul Academy is definitely for rich and smart people.” You thought to yourself. You took a paper out of your bag. It was your 1st semestrial schedule. You read it and looked around again. “Room 125. Okay… where is it?”

“You must be a new student.” Suddenly you heard someone talking to you. You turned around and saw a tall guy smiling at you. “Yes, I am.” You smiled back at him. “Can I see your paper?” He asked you. You gave him your paper. “Hmm, room 125 is upstairs, second floor. That’s the first room of the second floor actually.” He smiled at you again. “Thank you so much.” You bowed at him and smiled.

“Wait!” You heard him calling you. You turned around and walked to him. “Yes?” You asked him. “What’s your name?” He asked you. “I’m Lee ___” You said. “Nice to meet you Lee ___. I’m  Nam Woohyun. And I’m a senior so if you need help, I’m willing to help you. Especially you’re just new here.” He told you. “Nice to meet you Woohyun-shi. And thank you again.” You smiled shyly at him after finding out he’s a senior. “No need to call me Woohyun-shi. I feel like an old person already.” He chuckled. You also chuckled at how cute he is. “Anyway, I need to go now.” You told him after noticing that it’s time for you to go to your class. “Okay, see you around!” He told you. With that, you went upstairs for your first class.

You entered room 125. You were a little embarrassed because your teacher is already standing in front of her class. You realized you were 5 minutes late. “I’m sorry I was late. I promise it won’t happen again.” You bowed at your teacher. Everyone in the class looked at you. You heard your teacher chuckled a little. “It’s okay sweetie. Class is just about to start so you’re not yet late.” She smiled at you. You sighed in relief and smiled back at her. “And I suppose you’re a new student here?” She asked you. “Yes, I am.” You answered. “Okay, since you’re a new student you don’t have a seat yet.” Your teacher looked around for your seat. “Oh well, you can just sit wherever you want since there’s a lot of vacant seats.” She told you. You nodded. “Thank you.” You said.

You looked around and saw a lot of vacant seats. Maybe around 7 seats. But one of those vacant seats caught your attention because of the guy sitting beside it. You went to that seat and sat down. You looked at the guy beside you. But instead of smiling or introducing himself to you – he was annoyed. You totally saw it in his face that he was annoyed because of all the vacant seats; you chose the one beside him. You smiled at him. “Hi, I’m Lee ___.” You offered your hand but he ignored you. You sighed. “We’ll be friends, you’ll see.” You thought to yourself. You don’t know why you said that. But when you saw him a while ago, you felt something about him. Maybe…

It was love at first sight. Yes, you just had a crush on him. Even though he ignored you, you felt that he has this soft side of him that he doesn’t want to show. And that made you curious and made you to be friends with him more.

“Aren’t you going to introduce yourself to me?” You whispered at him while doing your seatwork. He looked at you – confused. But he didn’t say anything. “I just want to be friends with you, you know.” You continued. Again, he didn’t say anything. “Aish, this guy” You thought to yourself.

“Don’t bother me, I’m doing my seatwork.” You finally heard him. You looked at him immediately. “I’m sorry. I just want to know your name.” You continued to whisper so that your teacher won’t hear you. “Why?” He asked. “I already told you right. I just want to be friends with you.” You smiled at him. “I don’t need a friend. I already have two friends.” He said not even looking at you. “Well, I do need one.” You said. “I’m new here that’s why I don’t know anyone.” You looked down pretending to be sad. You looked at him but he still hasn’t look at you. You sighed at his actions.

“Can I go eat lunch with you and your friends?” You asked him again. He looked at you and shook his head; finally he looked at you. “Why not?” You asked him. He sighed then looked at you again. “Because we’re not friends.” He told you and went to your teacher to pass his seatwork. You looked at him as he walked towards your teacher. “He’s so arrogant. But he’s still cute.” You thought while smiling. You didn’t saw that he was already in front of you. You saw his weird expression probably because he saw you smiling like an idiot.

You saw him getting his bag and leaving the classroom. You immediately went up, got your bag and passed your seatwork to your teacher then left the classroom. When you were outside, you looked for him. You know he doesn’t want to eat lunch with you but you don’t want to be alone either. You want to ask other students to eat with you but it seems that they’re going to ignore you.

Suddenly you saw him putting his books in his locker. You ran up to him. He saw you. “What now?” He asked. “Please?” You asked him with your puppy eyes while holding your lunch box. “Ahh, how cute.” You suddenly heard someone. You looked at the two guys beside him. “Must be his friends” You thought. You saw him signaling his friends to go. “Hi, I’m Lee ___” You introduced yourself to stop them from walking away. The two guys looked at each other then smiled. “Well hello there. I’m Lee Sungyeol.” “And I’m Lee Howon but you can call me Hoya for short.” The two guys introduced themselves to you. You smiled at them. You looked at “him” waiting for his introduction. He looked at you with his annoyed expression.

“He’s Kim Myungsoo.” Hoya introduced him to you since he can feel that you’re waiting for it. “Ah so you’re Myungsoo. Thanks for telling me Hoya. I’ve been waiting for him to tell me his name but he wouldn’t tell me.” You pouted. “He’s always like that. That’s why he only has two friends, and that’s us.” Sungyeol laughed. Myungsoo hit him in his arms. “Yah! I was just joking.” Sungyeol said. “Let’s go eat.” Myungsoo said. “Can I come?” You asked them smiling. “No – Yes.” Myungsoo said no while Hoya and Sungyeol said yes. “Come on Myungsoo, don’t be rude to your new friend.” Hoya told him. “She’s not my friend okay?” Myungsoo was pissed. “Then be friends with her. Let’s eat lunch together.” Sungyeol grabbed your wrist then walk to the cafeteria. Hoya followed while Myungsoo just looked at the three of you walking. He sighed then followed you at the cafeteria.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So how was it guys? Is it okay? hehehe :D