Track 1 - Intro (Prologue)

Black and White



A/N: Oh my, its been a month already? Please excuse my  procrastinating ways busy schedule. This here prologue has been sitting in my HDD for about a month too LOL. But thank you for waiting my dear readers (I’m suspecting some of you have probably forgotten this fic existed because of my tardiness bwahaha).

—---------------



Black and White:


Track 1 - Intro (Prologue)


- Sooyoung’s (Your) POV -


The same old chalkboard
The same people you hang out with. The friends you have to put up with.
Make a joke. Laugh loudly. Horse around, dance funny, get poked fun at and then give a lame, yet hilarious comeback.
You feel energetic, hyper. You’re surrounded by friends which is composed of almost half the class. Everyone else greets you, you return the greeting. You’re the class clown, the center of attention.

“She’s always so happy.” You overhear.

You go to your desk. Its the one at the same spot by the window.
Everyone gets into their seats.
Your same old boring homeroom teacher arrives. His bald head gleams in the sunlight.
Stand up. Greet. Bow. Sit back down.
The mundane old routine begins--homeroom first. Class president nominations are starting? You hope no one picks you, it would be such a pain to do it again, but to no surprise:

Sooyoung has ten nominations. Anyone else want to run?”

You force a smile, a genuinely fake smile.  You really didn’t want to do it this year, but you stand up and bow anyway.
You turn around, grin and give a goofy peace sign to everyone. You show that you’re happy about this.
They all laugh, maybe unnecessarily hard. It wasn’t even that funny.
You sit down and feel satisfied--you’re really hilarious aren’t you?
They’re all still laughing.

“Ah, she’s seriously so funny!”

Homeroom ends. First subject up--mathematics. Functions, trigonometry, logarithms... just what is all this? You hate it, but you put up with it. You need this class, you need this mark, you need a good mark and secretly you want the best mark.

You’re a hard worker and work keeps you busy, school keeps you busy, friends entertain you, but as you write down that pesky polynomial down onto your notebook, why do you feel empty? Everything feels dull, blunt. Its all so routine. Its all so stagnant.

You sigh and brush your hair back.

Seven more classes, seven more teachers to see. And in the blink of an eye, the ending bell rings. You’re home free, but yet you feel a sense of dread at the thought of returning home.

What now? You think to yourself as you go down the stairs and greet a couple of people along the way.

You try to remember if you have any extracurriculars today. You signed up for quite a few but you’re convinced there’s nothing happening today. Then, you try to remember if you have work but your shifts are only during the weekends, and on Monday's and Thursday's. Today was Wednesday.

You’re relieved that you can just go home, but what difference would it make. Everything is the same either way--life is still mundane.

You go to your shoe locker. You pick up your shoes and put them on. You walk to your bike parked outside. You unchain it, get on it and start to pedal.
A group of people walk in front of you and you stop and look up. Its your friends.
You put a foot down and greet them rather excitedly. Again you bring out that ‘smile’ of yours.

“Wanna go out?”
“Yeah, we’re going to the new noraebang that opened up!”
“Come on Sooyoung! You have to be there!”
“Sure where to?”

No, reject it. Its such a pain going out with them. Lately, you feel burdened by their presence.
Keeping up this facade is hard isn’t it? It's tiring. It's tiring always being the funny, outgoing, happy, one all the time. You need time to yourself, where you don’t have to smile all the time or make a joke just to satisfy others, or look happy, or be the hardworking, studious, friendly Sooyoung everyone knows you to be.

I can’t today. Sorry guys.”

You wave a hand in your face and scrunch up your face in pretend disappointment. You make up some lame excuse that makes them feel sorry for you and they reluctantly let you ride your bike home.

On the way home you stop at a few places. You get something to eat. You’re famished and when you finish your meal you order more until your wallet is almost empty.  You go window shopping after and regret having nearly emptied out your wallet on food when you see a really nice pair of shoes on sale.

You look at the time and decide to go home. The rush of shopping leaves your body like a plague.

Your phone rings. You answer it while pedalling.
Yoboseyo? Hey! What's up! Friday? This friday? Sure. Where? Oh? Kay, I’ll be there. You know I wouldn’t miss it for the world!”
A friend has informed you of a house party happening later this week. You didn’t mind going so why not. A party always sounds nice. It always spices up the weekend.

Once again you get on your bike and pedal home, that same feeling of dread fills you again.
You look back on the day you had and think it was rather good, but lately good hasn’t been enough. You’re tired of ‘good’.
And when you notice you’re almost home, you can’t help but feel unfulfilled. You want more out of life, but so far this is it.
You pedal past a few people on the street and you wonder, do they feel the same?

Just a few more moments until you reach home. You’re pedalling on top of that same hill you ride on every day to and from school. Down below the slope is all grass and at the foot is a river. The sun is setting now and the sky is burnt orange, the blues and oranges all smudging together elaborately. The river paints a perfect reflection of the sky you pedal past by and it's beautiful, but it's lost its majesty to you. Its lost its warmth.
After seeing it countless times, it has become nothing but a mere background to you.
You look down the slope and notice a girl lying down on top of the grass with her arms and legs sprawled over the surface, her long blonde locks splaying across the greenery. You’ve never seen her around and her care free aura catches your attention for a minute as you pedal past.

You put a foot down and stop for a moment.

Somehow you feel jealous. How can anyone look so content?

The girl puts an arm over her head and you feel yourself watching her. You’re curious, but you shrug it off and continue pedalling. She’ll probably be gone by tomorrow anyway. What’s the point in making useless self introductions if you’ll probably never cross paths again.

Your house comes closer into view. Closer and closer, closer and closer.
And quicker than ever emptiness swarms your very being.

You insert the key to your house into the keyhole and turn it. It opens and once you enter your home you call out to your parents to see if they’re present. No one answers.

You close and lock the door, and take off your shoes. You climb up the wooden stairs, the aging steps creaking each time you put your weight onto it, and go into your room.

You plop down onto your unmade bed face first and look at your clock on the nightstand.

Its 6:34 pm. It's almost dark.

Your room is covered in a thin film of red-orange as you see the sun start to set outside your bedroom windows. All the lights are off and in less than a few minutes, that red-orange changes into a cool blue once you see the sun merely peaking out from night clouds.

The day has ended and for some reason you feel a mixture of sadness and relief. Its strange.

You feel nothing but numb.
You feel lifeless.
You feel tired and worn out.
...But most of all you feel empty.
And now, you feel hungry. Starving. Yet its only been a little under an hour since you last stuffed yourself.
Still, you have this raging desire to eat and fill yourself.

To fill this emptiness.

And so, you get up and rush to your kitchen, ready to rip open the refrigerator door and to devour its contents.

Everyday it’s like this, but it never gets old.

Eating couldn’t ever possibly get old.




**************


I was originally going to post up the prologue and

the first chapter, but the 1st chappy is... meh. I didn’t like it lol.

 

My goal for this fic is an update/week but my other fic keeps me busy enough OTL