Part 1

Letter For You, Minari.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mina is sitting near the bookshelf in her bedroom while holding a box that contains a bunch of letters inside it. She picks up each letter and reads it one by one while reminiscing about the time when she received the letter randomly during her last year in high school. Mina met her on their last day in high school and that’s when Mina knows who is the sender for all this letter.

 

2 years ago.

 

Mina is busy doing her homework at the library when she suddenly feels a finger tap lightly on her shoulder. Mina looked up with a confused look on her face and was greeted by a junior with a big smile on her face.

 

“Sunbae, there’s someone asked me to give you this” Mina took the green mint envelope that was handed to her with hesitation.

 

“May I know who gives this?” Mina asks the girl while looking at the envelope hoping that there will be a little hint but nothing can be found except for a single digit of ‘1’ on the upper right corner of the envelope.

 

“I’m sorry, I can’t tell you as that person didn’t want to be disclosed. Have a nice day sunbae!” With that the girl just left Mina who still dumbfounded.

 

She slowly opened the envelope and read the letter inside it.

 

Hi, Myoui Mina. I know you might feel weird when you suddenly received this letter. I hope I didn’t make you scared with this sudden action. You must be wondering who I am but for now this is the only way that I have courage to greet you. This is only the beginning and please expect to receive more from me. Take Care, Mina.

P/s: You look so cute when you are frowning while trying to solve that mathematical question. Refer to page 153, you will find how to solve that question. :)

 

Mina instantly looked around her after reading the last sentence in the letter, hoping that she would spot someone or to be exact the sender of the letter but she found no one. She stares at the letter like she’s going to make a hole on it, wondering who is the mastermind behind the letter.

 

On the other side of the library, someone is peeking at Mina through a small gap at the bookshelves in the library to look at the girl's reaction which then causes her to form her gorgeous smile.

 

Mina kept on receiving the letter. Sometimes, she will receive it in 2 or 3 days after the last letter and sometime it takes her a week or two to receive it again. She can say that it’s not consistent but she is always looking up to receive one hoping that she can get a little tiny clue about the sender. Today, Mina received another one. She saw it already on her table when she entered the class.

 

Mina, yesterday I finished watching a very good drama. It's not my kind of genre but I learned that sometimes the need of change is necessary so that we can learn a new thing. The drama taught me that our life is like a book. Someone will pick us and begin to read each chapter in our life. It's actually a beautiful journey. I have a thought about you after that. You are the book that I choose to read and the one that I choose to explore. I want to tell the whole world that I found a book with a title; Myoui Mina. I just want to shout it out and let the whole world know my favourite line in the book which makes me fall in love with it but I guess I'm too coward to do it. No matter how many times I re-read it, it's always the same one that makes me fall for it. I have a silly wish. I wish that it is me who will be the book that you pick. It's very silly. I know that. You have become my favourite book, Minari.

 

“Minari? You gave me a nickname huh?” Mina mumbled in her mind while reading the letter.

 

“Another letter Mina??” Jihyo who was just sitting beside Mina peeking at the letter.

 

“Yea. It’s already on my table when I arrived” Mina replied back while folding the letter, putting it back inside the envelope with number 6 on it and keeping it inside her bag.

 

“Come to think of it, you already received like 5...”

 

“6 including today” Mina interrupted Jihyo.

 

“Okay 6 letters but you still didn’t know who sent it and she didn’t even give you a little hint about herself. Mina, look at me” Mina follows Jihyo words as she is currently facing her best friend while Jihyo is looking at her with a serious face.

 

“You look fine and not scary either but why this person still didn’t show herself yet” Mina rolled her eyes as she now understood why Jihyo asked Mina to look at her.

 

“I don’t know either Jihyo. How can you be so sure that she’s a girl?”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter