004

Family

 

Chanyeol POV

I looked around at my group mates as we were trying to catch our breaths after a rehearsal for an upcoming performance. I knew I couldn’t dance, so I gave 110% every time we practiced so I don’t mess up. I was not a dancer by any means. Min Gi and Hyo had that blessing. I’m sure they'd laugh about how hard I’m working to get a simple 8-count right.

I looked over to Jongin, "Kai, why are you not even breaking a sweat?" I asked with irritation.

 "Hyung I already told you, this choreo is easy for me." I grunted in annoyance at his cockiness.

 He was known for being one of the dancers of EXO. It irked me that I was the only cousin who had the curse of two left feet. I was a better rapper, and thank god rappers don’t really have to dance.

 We were on our way to the dorms after practice and we passed my old neighborhood. I realized that must be where SeoJi and JInYoo moved!

 "Hyung!" I yelled to our manager from the back seat.

 "Bwo, Chaneyol? Why are you yelling?"

 "Can we visit my family? They are just down that street!"

 "Anniyo! You know very well how easily you guys could be recognized by fans." 

I pouted as we passed the neighborhood. I would pass them regularly now and I wouldn’t be able to see them. That was the worst feeling I'd ever experienced.

 

YOUR POV

School starts in a couple weeks so I had to get my uniform for school. Yoo and I went to go pick them up, walking only a few blocks down the main road. 

The ahjumma who gave them to us asked, "Annyeong ladies. If you don’t mind me asking: is your name Park SeoJi?" My eyes widened at that. Did this ahjumma know me? And if so from where?!

 "Uhh… n-ne… waeyo?"

 "Omo! You're so grown up! Mianheyo I don’t mean to startle you, but I used to babysit you guys when you were babies! You're Min JinYoo, right?" She pointed at Yoo. She nodded with an unsure smile.

 "Aww so kyeopta now. And you guys got into Seoul's famous performing arts school… aigoo!"

 "Ahjumma it’s nice to see you again," I smiled. "And we will talk more in the future, but for now we must be going. We have many errands to finish today."

 "Oh ne. Arasso. Next time you visit, I will make you a meal and we can catch up! Maybe with your family as well! Please visit again!" Ahjumma said as we left. 

We bowed and made our way out. When we got home I told omma about the ahjumma, who apparently remembered her. She said she'd make plans with her after we get settled in.

That same week I was able to get in contact with a dance studio nearby. As much as I'd love to stay in my room and dance, sometimes it's better when you actually have space.

"So would it be okay if I just paid the rent to cover whenever I used it for a period of time. It wouldn’t be long, I promise you." I asked the owner.

She nodded her head, "Well even better: would you like to have a part time job here? Then you could just come into the studio whenever you want, and you could help us out."

"Omo jjinja? That'd be wonderful! What jobs are open?" I ask excitedly. I really wasn’t picky about jobs, because at least for this one I had full access to the studio whenever I wanted!

"Well you could have the receptionist job:  Answering phones helping customers, that kind of job." She answered simply.

"Yes. I can definitely do that! When do I start? And oh before you ask about my schedule, in a few weeks I start school so my schedule will be changed."

"Oh ne. We can work around it. We can start you off next week if you want."

"Okay I will come back next week. Kamsahamnida!" I bowed and exited the building.

 

Chanyeol POV

Okay I haven’t seen my family in extremely long, especially the ones that just moved back! I was dying every time we passed their neighborhood. I was actually able to make a call to omma later today when we got back to the dorms. Maybe I can ask her if she knew about SeoJi and JinYoo’s family moving back!

 When I get to the dorm, I make a beeline to my room, shut the door, and call omma. 

Please pick up, please pick up. I repeat to myself as the phone keeps ringing.

"Yeboseyo?" I hear on the line. SUCCESS!

"Omma?"

"Chanyeol? Omo, how are you able to call me? Are you okay? How are you?"

"Omma gwaenchanha, I wanted to ask you if you knew about Min Gi and Hyo moving back from the U.S.?"

"Ne, I did! Right now I’m actually with your aunties."

My eyes widend. "J-jjinja?! Is Min Gi there as well??"

"Oh anniyo. She just left for the dance studio."

"Dance studio?"

"Ne. It’s the one by your dorms too if you want to go try and say hi to her. I’m sure she misses you."

I knew exactly which dance studio my mother was talking about. I thanked her, promised to call again A.S.A.P and hung up. 

I went to manager hyung, "Can I go to the dance studio down the street?"

"Waeyo?"

"My cousin is down there and I need to see her!"

"You could get caught!"

"I know that but I’m willing to risk it." I said plainly. 

I had to see SeoJi. My little dongsaeng. And tell her how sorry I am for not returning her calls and that her oppa still loves her through the idol image he made of himself. Manager hyung looked away for a second.

"I know you'd do that. Let’s just take the car." 

I smiled and hugged him. "Kamsahamnida hyung!!!" I let him go and make my way towards the garage.

 "Yah! We want to come too!" I hear Chen hyung yell as they catch up with me.

 "Jjinja? Wae?" I was truly curious as to why they'd want to come.

 "You've been talking about her all the time lately. I need to see if this girl is worth it." Xiumin hyung explained. I couldn’t fight the argument, it was 11 to 1.

 We got to the studio and the door was open. I heard music and followed it, knowing it was SeoJi. Don’t ask, I just had a feeling. When I finally saw a girl dancing her heart out to Energetic by Boa, my mouth dropped in awe. She was not a little girl, anymore. Granted she was still short, but she definitely matured over the past decade.

"Waah~ hyung she's a good dancer! How can she dance and you can’t?" Sehun asked me.

"Watch your mouth Sehun-ah. Her and my other cousins can all dance. I apparently was the one without the dancing gene." I said looking down.

It had always been that way too. I remember going with SeoJi  to her ballet and tap dance practices and performances. I couldn’t do any of that, until SM Ent decided to train me hard to get it. I got it, but still can’t freestyle for my life. 

The song finally finished and when it did I went into the dance room and started clapping. She turned around to see who it was.

"Yeollie-yo!!!/"Jiji!!!" We yelled at the same time as we crashed into each other for a hug. 

I was glad some things didn't change.


honestly have no idea where this is going to go haha

hope you enjoy it thus far ^.^