A Day In His Life

Build Up
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"He did not even pretend to listen." Hyori told mom and dad over breakfast. She's blabbering on how much I wasted the opportunity to learn from the most respectable businessmen and engineers. 

I just rolled my eyes as I enjoy my egg and bacon. 

"Jungkook, you better listen to your sister. You're going to have to handle the business, for your future." My dad reminds me. 

"I can handle my own business. I told you, I own the club with Tae. See, I'm earning." I answered proudly. At 27, I have a business. I am running the club with Tae. I mean, capital-wise. Industrially, we leave it all to our manager. 

"And who else do you expect to handle the business, aside from your sister?" Dad then looked at mom's bump, "That thing inside your mom?" He said as he takes a bite of his egg.

"This baby doesn't want your company. We're going to raise the this without your help." She said in a matter-of-fact tone. 

I take a look at my sister, and as always she's composed. I just exhaled sharply and continue eating. 

"Anyway, when is he going to start?" Dad asked. 

Hyori, as always, is ready with an answer. "He's starting tomorrow. The turnover of documents is ready for next week." 

Dad nods his head "That's good, Hyori." While mom gave me a soft goodluck. 

 

To at least take a break from my busy schedule ahead, I went to the club. This time, a different one, one where I don't get drunk but rather play golf. 

I lwore my cap and glove on my left hand, ready to unwind. I held onto my golf club with just the right grip and hit the ball towards the hole. Since this has been a hobby of mine, I didn't even notice that I already finished the course and played for more than two hours. 

I just rode the golf cart when someone sat beside me. "You seem to be in the mood." I turn to the familiar voice and see my favorite hyung. "Changmin hyung!"

"It's been a long time, Jungkook. How are you?" He asked. 

I shrugged "Hmm, there's not much to say other than they're now forcing me to take charge of the business." 

He simply chuckles. "Yeah, I heard that. So, welcome to the J.C Constructions now." I scunched my nose upon hearing him welcoming me. You see, he is the son of one of my dad's partners in the business. Same as Hyori, he's now part of the Board of Directors. 

"I didn't know you were also here. How have you been?" My sister asked while smiling the moment we reached the main. "Since you're already here, let's go have lunch together, the three of us."

So, we went to the country club's restaurant to have our lunch. While waiting for our orders, we did some catching up, and that's when I found out that Changmin Hyung is getting married. 

"Woah. Why do the guys I know are starting to get married." I commented as I drink the wine in front. 

He laughs quite loud, and says "You have not changed, even a bit, Kookie." Of course, my sister just had to chime in "Yes, nothing has changed. He's still a kid."

She then turned to Changmin Hyung with a loving smile, "So, who is this girl? I hope she knows how lucky she is. You're such a nice man, Changmin." 

"Thanks, Noona. But if you meet her, you'll say the same thing about me. That I'm such a lucky man. She's a lawyer." We were interrupted a bit when our food arrived. The whole lunch was filled with Changmin hyung's stories of the girl, and how great she is. 

My sister suddenly sighed, "How I wish Jungkook is as mature and responsible as you."

I clickecd my tongue and press my lips together, annoyed at the continuous comments of my sister about me. As much as I admit that Changmin hyung is a great guy, the man does not know how to have fun. So, I'd rather just stay as me. 

Changmin hyung then turns to me "So, are you seeing anyone right now?"

I chuckled a bit when before answering, "Nope." I then tried to tease Changmin hyung "But if you know someone as great as your fiancé, I could see her and try." I winked playfully causing for him to chuckle a little. 

"I actually have someone in mind. Her sister is just as great as her." 

Oh. I sit up straight and place my elbow on the table as I touch my chin. "Since we're childhood friends, I could meet her for you."

He made an Im thinking face before shaking his head, "Nah. I can't do that to her. You're only going to break her heart."

Hyori then says "And if she's that great, I don't think she'll even meet with you." She raised her eyebrow at me which caused me to roll my eyes.

But thinking about it, I agreed, "Yeah, yeah. I don't even plan to take that path --  the path of hell anytime soon. So, yeah. Save her for some good men out there." 

Before parting ways, he gave us an invitation to their wedding and even the pre-wedding celebrations. 

 

The most dreadful day for me has finally come. The groupchat I have with Tae and the rest is filled with goodluck messages, with Jimin hyung congratulating me for the new chapter of my life. 

Phew. 

And as expected, my sister is here early in the morning. She insisted on picking me up so that she could drop me off and introduce to the employees before she head to Canada for a business meeting. 

"Are you kidding me? You're really wearing that in the office? As a boss?" She asked in disbelief. 

I look at my attire, white buttoned up polo tucked in a fit blue pants that just until my ankle and my brown sho

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter