Start and Finish

A Date Nonetheless
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jaehi could never be more glad than today that it was summer instead of winter. If not she would be found frozen there and then in front of the theater building. He promised her a movie date and he didn't show up at all. 

 

Jaehi glanced at her wrist to be aware of the time. Almost into 10.30 in the evening. She had waited since 8.00 o'clock. Just imagine how her legs might be feeling now. Did he forget or what?

 

Suddenly her phone lit up much to her delight. But that all crumbled down into the pit of her stomach when it was her roommate's text that popped up saying that she would go to sleep first. Sighing, she typed up a quick okay and immediately send it to her. 

 

Feeling a bit hopeful, Jaehi click the phone icon. His name was on top of the other. Proving that she had just recently made a call to him but of course she was greeted with the annoying female operater voice. However, she would always try again and so she tap on his name without hesitation. 

 

The ringging that went on for quite a while immediately made her wanted to cry right there in front of the other couples having a date but suddenly she was greeted with his voice. Her eyes rounded, went agape. 

 

"Hey babe. Sorry I was in the toilet. What's up?" He sounded so casual that a thought crossed Jaehi's mind. 

 

He forgot. He ing forgot their date when he was the one who asked. 

 

"What's up? Where were you? Are you having dinner with your family? Are you still at work? It's already 10. Do you really not remember?" 

 

The other line went a bit too quiet to her liking. What? Is he sleeping now?

 

"! Babe! I totally forgot! Oh my,  Jaehi...please tell me you aren't waiting for me right now," he has the guts to say that. 

 

Exhaling deeply, Jaehi said, "No, I'm safely at ho-" she was cut off when someone accidently bumped her shoulder. 

 

"Sorry. I was in a hurry. The movie's starting. Sorry again, miss." They guy said clearly that she was sure Kai heard it all. 

 

Jaehi only nodded once and the guy resumed his running inside the building. Focusing back on her phone call, she closed her eyes. 

 

"Kai. No worries. I'm heading back home right now," cold and distant could be detect easily in her voice. She was...disappointed. Kai knew. 

 

"No!" Rustling could be heard at the back. "I'm coming. Wait there!" Beep. 

 

She wasn't sure whether the beep came from her phone or Kai's door. But she definitely sure Kai would get her amazing, undivided, unconditionally silent treatment. 

 

Deciding that she would just walked away to prove more of her unhappy mood, Jaehi turned around the corner. Her sandal-clad feet walked heavily towards the long sidewalk. Not to mention full of people. 

 

She was mad at Kai. She knew but still she couldn't get rid the feeling of afraid that came along. Afraid that she would just melt at the sight of him. She also knew she couldn't afford to be mad at him for so long. She always failed. 

 

Without her notice, she was already standing in front of the theater again. Then, it hit her. 

 

"Yeah, this was called The Round Park for a reason."

 

Apparently, it was created with a round landscape with the theater building as the heart of it. This place was a popular spot for couples to go on a date. Other than movies, the place also has cafes and restaurant around it. A shop where you can rent a pair of roller blade and have a walk around in it. More like gliding around. 

 

Looking around again. Jaehi spotted the entrance. Get out of this circle would the best choice right now. But suddenly she halted in her steps. Li

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter