Be Good

Someone called “YOU”

They are extremly narcissistic -
They want what they want and
They do not care if the other party does not want the same.

 

I woke up to the blinding sunlight shining through the windows as my phone buzzed and the alarm went off. I squinted my eyes while one of my hands started to search for the phone and the other slammed on the alarm clock. It was 11:11AM. I stared hard at the phone.

Unknown number

I let out a sigh as I waited for the phone to stop buzzing. How many times has it been just this month that I’ve been getting random unknown numbers calls? I can hardly count anymore and I really just couldn’t be bothered too. I was tired and it was in the AM when my body just couldn’t function too well.

I let out another sigh as I got out of bed. I let out a shriek as I felt something poking underneath my feet. Rubbing my eyes to clear my vision, I finally determine that it was a single earring on the floor. Earrings are in pairs, I told myself as I tried to find the other side before I let out a huff. I was supposed to meet my friends  and I am already late for 30 minutes. 

11:30AM

I rushed through washing up and my whole entire morning routine(not that I actually had one). I walked towards the closet and picked out some casual clothes before heading down. I needed to rush , I told myself over and over to try to shorten the time I get ready and actually get on my way. Getting out of the apartment complex, I punch in digits I remember all too well into my phone and waited for the other line to pick up. 

“Hey. What’s up?”

“Hey. Sorry I am late. I am already on my way so if you all just wait a ...”

“What do you mean?”

“What do you mean what do I mean ? We are supposed to meet up right ? I’m already on my way so just....”

“What meetup are you talking about ? I am at home. I don’t remember making plans. Also, it’s been a while since you called so I don’t know...”

“What do you mean there is no meetup? It is clearly stated on my calendar today. Wait just let me check again and then I will call you back okay."' I hanged up the phone and started slinding through the apps on my phone. I clicked on the calendar and I saw nothing. No plans, no scheduled events ...nothing. I scratched my head in confusion while I stared hard, not wanting to believe what I am looking at. 

I put my phone as I started walking again, heading to the nearest coffee shop. I figured that I just didn't have enough energy and I was just overworked, which is why my memories got screwed up. I was just about to head into the shop when I saw my reflection on the glass door and then it hits me.....

I had never owned any earrings. I was too much of a coward that I would run away from the clinic when I had to get my flu jab. The clothes I was wearing wasn't mine. I don't have these clothes in my closet. The house I just went out off was not mine either. My house was an entire contrast from that. So why am I? Why was I there? I started asking myself questions as I looked at my reflection, my head started throbbing into an immense pain I couldn't decribed. I was about to fall down onto the floor when a single hand grabbed me by the shoulders. 

"Are you okay?"

I was about to look at the person when the world turned pitch black and the next thing I knew I was in that house. I woke up the exact same way I did before and my body seemed to have a mind of its own. Everything that happened the day before happened again, as if it was a routine for the few days. It felt like a loop of nightmare that never ends. I conciously knew something was wrong and I didn't know how to fix it. It was only after the 10th day that I decided to do things differently.

11:11AM

The phone started buzzing and the alarm clock went off. I sprung out of bed , slammed the alarm clock and looked at my phone.

Unknown number

My finger quickly ready to reject the call but I thought otherwise and for the first time since I was in the loop, I had answered the phone. 

"You finally picked up. Don't worry you'll be fine. Be good," The familiar voice said at the other end of the line. I don't know what it is, but my body trembled as I heard the voice and only when the called ended, I let myself fall to the ground while my head started to throb in pain again. However, it was long before I unknowingly got ready to get out. It was a weird feeling. I knew for sure that there was no plans, no reason for me to go out but just like routine, I did the same thing.

I was just about to get out of the house when I saw a door that I never realised existed over the loop. I wanted to look into the rooom but knowing this wasn't my house I refrained myself although I am very sure there was a huge blowout of my face. I took a deep breath when I walked towards the coffee shop, knowing that this is the end of the loop before it starts again in the morning. I was ready to take a step when suddenly, my feet felt like it was rooted to the ground. I looked at my feet suprised and that was when that voice said.

"Wake up, I've got something for you cause you are so good. Don't make me wait too long, you know I hate it when people do that."

I felt sick in my stomach as though everything was ready to be hurled out. My head hurt so much more than it did before. I felt my body became numb that it was just too hard for me to even lift my finger. The world had a terrifying deafening silence and I hadd given up. I just wanted a new day to start right then and there when I heard a loud beeping sound.The world was dark and my eyes felt heavier.

Today was different, I could feel it. Every pain I felt the day before was hurting unlike every new day in the loop. I wanted to do something, say something or at least be blinded by the sunlight but I couldn't. I heard chatterings and clammerings around me, the first time I ever did in what seemed like an eternity. I wanted to see what is happening around me, I wanted to see the change. I wanted to just opened my eyes, so I put every single bit of my energy and slightly opened my eyes to see people in white coats around me. Unlike the previous days, instead of the warm sunlight, the blinding white lights on the ceilings was what greeted me. I slowly move my head to the side, it felt so much harder that I ever imagined it to be.

My eyes teared up as I saw my friend behind the glass window smiled tearfully at me. I felt relieved but the relief didn't last for too long. I blinked my eyes as I focused on another person behind the glass window. It was blurry at first but I saw thier face, my body trembled and my heart beat fast. I stared at the person who by then had an eerie smile on their face.

"You finally woke up. Be good."

"You....."