House Cat (Ver. I)

ツMin's Gallery ʕ•́ᴥ•̀ʔっ♡

Theme: a little bit of angst and romance lol

https://i.imgur.com/DF6Hmzn.png

Oneshot Preview:

(A/N: THIS IS AN UNEDITED VERSION/THE FIRST DRAFT!! THERE WILL BE PUNCTUATION AND GRAMMATICAL ERRORS!)

 

Part 1.2 (Chapter 0)
 

Jungkook stood in front of the couch with a fist under his chin and a thoughtful look. Before he sat his new companion, who lazily looked around and his paws to clean itself. The dancer had yet to come up with a name for his new pet, but nothing he came up with suited the calico. 


“Maybe Patches?” he asked out loud, tilting his head. The calico turned to look up at its new owner and yawned. Jungkook huffed and left to head to the kitchen. “Let's just call you Calico. It’s what you are anyway.” Too lazy to think of anything else, he thought to himself and began serving himself a glass of banana milk. All classes were canceled today, and Jungkook needed to be distressed before starting up again the next day. 


“Calico!” Jungkook called as he entered the living room with a plate of wet food and another with a heated burrito. “Today you’re having ocean fish. Excited?” he asked as he sat down and immediately took a bite of his own meal. Calico hopped onto the coffee table, where the plate of wet food sat, and sniffed it. It’s been a couple of days since he saved the stray kitty, but it wouldn’t eat anything he’d get him. He asked a friend for advice and they told him to insist, it must eat at one point but that time never came. Today was the same. Calico ignored its food and meowed at Jungkook before jumping back down. 


Jungkook sighed and reached into his pocket for his phone. It was time to schedule an appointment with the vet, and luck happened to be on his side as he was able to schedule the visit for tomorrow morning, right before classes start. 


“You have a doc’s visit tomorrow, Cal. Be ready,” Jungkook announced and laid back while enjoying another bite of his burrito. Meanwhile, the cat sat by his feet with sleepy eyes and a waving tail. 

 

The next morning, Jungkook woke up two hours early to get ready and went to get the crate he bought the day before from the living room. He saw Calico sitting on the coffee table, grooming itself without a care in the world. Jungkook opened the metal door to the carrier and snuck towards the living room. The cat stopped what it was doing, making Jungkook freeze on the spot. Cal meowed and jumped off before heading towards the crate. Jungkook thought it was curious about it so he waited to see what Calico did. What happened next took him by surprise. The cat walked in and laid down, swinging its tail from side to side. Jungkook quickly closed the crate and took a deep breath. Cal was smarter than it seemed. 


Upon arriving at the vet, Jungkook handed over his cat and waited patiently in the lobby. A few minutes passed, and the vet’s assistant stepped in to call for him.

Jungkook bowed and followed her into a room to see Calico and a woman in a white lab coat. She must be the vet, he thought as he reached out to pet his kitty. The vet smiled and motioned Jungkook towards one of the two chairs in the room. Jungkook took a seat. 


“Is Cal okay?” He asked, gaze shifting from Calico to the vet. 


“Oh yes, Cal is fine. Where did you find this kitty?” The vet asked, scratching the top of Cal’s head. 


“I found it curled up in a box a week ago. It was raining.” Jungkook explained. 


The vet nodded. “Well, he is very healthy for a stray kitty. Have you searched up if he’s a missing cat?” She asked as she played with the little bell on the cat’s collar. 


Jungkook hadn’t thought of doing that. He shook his head. The vet sighed and picked up Cal and brought it to Jungkook, placing the cat gently on his lap. 


“It’s a suggestion. Did it have a tag?” she continued to ask. Jungkook shook his head once again. “It would be best to post a photo online. If no one claims it within the year, then you are in every right to keep Cal.” The vet handed Jungkook a small bag and a blue folder. “Today’s records and the rabies tag along. Good luck to you both.”

 

After the visit, Jungkook put the carrier on the passenger seat with the front-facing the driver before buckling it up. Someone else could own Cal? Jungkook didn’t want to find Cal’s owner. He had no intention of parting with his kitty cat. Cal laid there staring up at him, purring softly. Jungkook sighed and started the car. 


Jungkook opened the carrier door and let the cat step out halfway, stretching before dashing towards the living room. The student closed the door and grabbed his phone to check the time. He still had an hour, and the campus wasn’t far from his apartment building. He got an apple from the kitchen and walked back to the living room to see Calico fast asleep. 


He took a bite of his apple and approached the sleeping cat. “Enjoy,” he said and kissed the top of Cal’s head before leaving the apartment. Cal meowed after Jungkook, but its owner had already closed the door. 


Cal stretched and slowly its limbs began to extend, the fur on its body retracting and the rest of its shape reforming to that of a man with fair skin and shoulder-length, honey-brown hair. What was once a cat stood up on his two human legs, blue eyes scanning his surroundings before walking towards the kitchen. He glanced down towards the plate of dried wet food from this morning and scrunched his nose in disgust. Cal went to the fridge and pulled out the salmon Jungkook had bought last night. He didn’t usually eat something his owner would notice it missing, but eating scraps wasn’t enough anymore.

 

Author's Note:

I know the poster isn't good, but it took me ten hours so I'll use it just to share this preview.
I will be working on a second version, but I would appreciate any feedback on the story or the poster and what I can do to make it better.
( My editing program is Gimp 'cause I'm not patient enough for adobe photoshop lol)