Confusion

Home

This where things get a little messy


What could be more happier than knowing your boss finally trust you. Trust you personally. Well, for Seulgi it is the best gift she ever received from God and she should be thankful to Him.

Coming out from the elevator she never been this happy before. With goofy smile all over her face, making her look completely like an idiot. Oh no. Not that. She look completely crazy inlove. 

Do you think Kang Seulgi look stupid right now? Well, I do. After having lunch with Miss Bae and since they don't go to the office, Miss Bae decided to take Seulgi home.

Though Seulgi quiet disappointed but she should not rush thing. She should wait for Miss Bae. If Miss Bae call her she will come. If Miss Bae need company she will come. 

Anything to prevent Miss Bae from crying, she will do anything for that.

As she open the door to her apartment, she was about to go straight to her room when suddenly she did not expect Joy at home during this hour. She should be at the office by now!

"Joy! You should be at the office right now?!" 

Joy with her hands folded on her chest, looking at Seulgi more like eyeing her suspiciously, she wonder where the hell Seulgi go last night. Sure this is new to her and she felt betray because Seulgi did not talk about it in details.

First is she agree if Seulgi dating Miss Bae? Maybe yes? Maybe no? Depends though. She doubt if Miss Bae wouldn't hurt Seulgi. Somehow she get a feeling that one day or perhaps soon, Miss Bae will hurt Seulgi.

No. She's okay if both of them dating. IF! If Miss Bae able to forgive her past. Did Joy know about Miss Bae past? Yes she know. They know each other for so long and she know almost everything about Miss Bae past.

She know deep down Miss Bae still can't forgive what happened in the past and she's afraid Miss Bae will hurt Seulgi due to her pain. Nevertheless, it seems Seulgi really happy right now.

And the least thing Joy want to do is to ruin Seulgi's happiness.

"Where were you last night?" 

"Uhmm..."

"Were you with Miss Bae?!" 

"I...y-yes? Why?" 

"WHY?! YOU ASKED ME WHY?"

"YA! I can have my own life too right?" Joy sigh.

"I'm still your best friend right? I'm still your roommate right?"

"Yes and yes...?" 

Joy tilted her head and sigh.

"Then at least tell me where you are for god sake, Seulgi! You don't know how worried I am! You have your phone! I bought it for you to contact me! You should be thankful I haven't make a report for a missing person to the police!" 

So that's why. 

"You're still my best friend....but not my girlfriend" said Seulgi with a grin on her face.

Wait.

Did Seulgi just....

Did she just make a joke of it?

"Ya. You come here! YOU UNGRATEFUL BRAT! COME HERE!"

And you guys know what happen next right?

 

"Thanks to EXO we are able to increase our sales number. According to our data it shoes significant increase of sales number for this month sale. Which very good for us to attract investors" 

At the end of the table, there the young beautiful CEO sitting comfortablely while listening to the presentation for this month sales. Seeing how the number increase highly than last month, sure they did great job.

What they need to do next is to make sure they maintain this performance and able to develop more upcoming technologies in the future. 

"Congratulation to all of us. I received lot of good news lately. Don't forget to come for dinner tonight. My secretary will send the location. Meeting dismiss" said Miss Bae.

Like always the directors would bow and Seulgi follow right behind her. They went back to the 20th floor where Miss Bae have another meeting with Hyerin, Rose's girlfirend.

Miss Bae and Hyerin decided its best to hold an online meeting since Hyerin is away for a month. During the event, Miss Bae and Hyerin apparently came up with an idea for a collaboration. 

Sure it was Miss Bae idea because she saw the potential growth for their sales if the company use influencers from Youtube, Instagram, and other social media platform.

This would open opportunities for other influencers to promot or even become brand ambassadors for some brands. Also this could show that Bae's company start to expanding their promotion to not just idols but also influencers in Youtube.

They even do promotion to reviewers such as Hyerin. 

Quiet amazing when Seulgi heard that and she is very excited to see the end result for this meeting. Once they arrive in the office, Seulgi prepare all the things Miss Bae need to do this online meeting.

No. This is not her first time doing online meeting. She done it plenty of time. 

"Good afternoon, Miss Bae! It's very nice to meet you but I'm sorry we have to meet online" said Hyerin when the screen show her face.

"Good afternoon, too. No worries, Hyerin-sshi. I know how busy you are"

"You're a lot busier than me, Miss Bae" Miss Bae just smile.

"Online meeting is quiet convenient sometimes. I should say I love doing this"

And their conversation continues to something a lot more serious. While Seulgi keep on monitoring Miss Bae. Make sure she takes note on important things for Miss Bae. So that she able to review the meeting again.

 

"Thank you for the given opportunity Miss Bae. Your company did a great job with this brand new technology. I will make sure to promote it well"

"Thank you to you too, Hyerin-sshi. I cannot wait to see you in the shooting site"

The meeting end after two hour of planning, disagreeing, and final they end with a great deal for both of them. Sure you cannot underestimate Miss Bae skills on this one.

Seulgi quickly clean up Miss Bae desk and never forget to give her the meeting notes she took. Today schedule are finish and Miss Bae can finally have some rest before the employees party later.

It's a busy day for Irene. Everyday is busy for her yet she never complain. She love it because it help her forgetting things she does not want to remember.

Here she is inside her office room, getting some rest after the long meeting. Honestly, she still have little of hangover left but she push herself for today.

After all, she cannot leave the company just because she still have little hangover left. She can bear with her headache and beside she have her secretary. 

Kang Seulgi. When she said she can trust her, it's true though. She really can depend on Kang Seulgi. Put trust to her and everything seems a lot easier than before. 

Even though it just two month (almost) Seulgi work for her, Seulgi is a hard working secretary. Moreover, she slightly become like Kim Jennie...but more soft and naive.

A very the opposite of Kim Jennie because Jennie tend to be so damn annoying sometimes. Almost like a mother. The ideal mother because well Irene's mother isn't like the normal mother.

Irene notice she can depend work stuffs to Seulgi alot, trust her with everything because the girl would do great job with it. She's a fast learner. Perhaps that's the strenght of an artist. Fast learner...maybe?

Other than that, Kang Seulgi...she's....resemble Kim Jisoo. Not many but sometimes a simple gesture reminds her of Jisoo. But still...Kang Seulgi have her own uniques.

The way she so gentle, patient, her gummy smile, her naive thought, and innocent. To simply describe Jisoo she's very polished, blase and weird in her own way. Her weird jokes, her straight forwardness.

Meanwhile, Kang Seulgi is very innocent, naive, and honest with her feeling. Those are the feeling Jisoo never showed her despite being so straight forward. She prefer to keep silent for things she thought beyond her reach.

Thoughts she prefer to keep it for herself until one day she blowed it up. Thoughts that Irene never knew until the day before she left. Something she always regret everyday and blame herself for it.

In the middle of her thought, Seulgi came in with some paper she need to sign. Somehow she wonder if Seulgi be able to handle her. Every single thing about her. Her darkest secret, her pain, her family.

Perhaps that's the reason why she haven't fully trust Seulgi even when she said she trust her. Trust her for things like dinner together, breakfast together, and just trust her to stay by her side. 

Just until that phase.

When Seulgi thought Miss Bae going to get ready to the restaurant, she was wrong. Miss Bae still sit there unaware with the current time. Which actually they already late for fifteen minutes.

“Aren’t you coming Miss Bae?” Asked Seulgi.

Dinner party? No. Irene never join any party with her employees. Not because she’s exclusive, it just she hates it when people feel uncomfortable with her around.

The nice and happy party ruin because of her presence. That’s why she never attend any dinner party even when she host it. She would always ask her secretary to come instead of her. 

Jennie knows that but Seulgi? She doesn’t. 

“No”

“Why?”

“It’s best I don’t come Seulgi”

But of course Seulgi thought the opposite. Obviously Miss Bae should join the party instead of just sending her secretary. She need to celebrate! After all Miss Bae also putt contribution to the successful event.

“You need to come Miss Bae”

“No Seulgi I-“

“It’s the company celebration! You need to celebrate to!”

“I don’t think they want me to be there”

“Nonsense! They probably wondering why you didn’t come. Come on! You have me!” Said Seulgi.

Seeing how bright Seulgi is, smiling with great anthusiasme her heart beating so fast. The innocents Kang Seulgi yet again successfully melted her heart.

Especially when Seulgi said she do not meed to worry because Seulgi is there with her. What makes it different with or without Seulgi? Irene does not know. But thinking if she come without Seulgi it will make it alot awkward. Yet with Seulgi...perhaps it will be fun.

Just like how Seulgi told her that coming to the charity event will be fun. It was true though. It was fun. A lot of fun. 

Did Seulgi realize what she just said? Did she literally said Miss Bae do not need to worry because she have her? Damn.

Where the hell she get the courage? She doesn't know the answer but sure her mind gone crazy. 

But she did expect Miss Bae would agree coming to the party. Even though she have feeling that Miss Bae is not a party person. Maybe she would come if there is someone close to her. And is she addressing herself close...with Miss Bae? 

Well didn’t Miss Bae told her she trust her? That is enough as a prove right?

“Alright” said Miss Bae.

“N-ne?” 

Okay. Honestly she did not expect Miss Bae to agree with her this fast. She thought she need extra effort to beg Miss Bae. But she did not expect this to be easy.

“Come on. We don’t want to be late, right?”

 

Is she saying the truth that she is not nervous at all? Of course not. To tell the truth, she is damn nervous because she never been to her employees dinner celebration. Even when she initiated the party.

Why? Because she doesn’t want her employees feel pressure with her presence there. Even when they are quiet close but still there is always the unseen barrier separates them.

Then why she decided to go? Again it’s because Kang Seulgi. Perhaps it will be fun. Since when Bae Irene search for fun beside work? Since the day Seulgi told her charity event is fun.

She never thought something beside work would consider be fun. The fact it’s true make it quiet confusing for Irene. Make her wonder if it really apply to other thing as well.

To confirm her hipotesis, here she stand infront of the restaurant entrance with Seulgi standing beside her. Is it because she’s going to eat with her employees thag make her very nervous and scared or is it because she came here with Seulgi that make her very nervous?

For the first time, she decide not to choose one between the two. Just to think about it makes her even more nervous.

Was it her first time seeing Miss Bae very nervous? Even when Miss Bae doing a public speaking, she look very calm and relax. How can dinner with her employees make her damn nervous and scared?

Sometimes she wonder if every CEO is the same as Miss Bae. But nevertheless this prove that Miss Bae is a very generous, down to earth, and have a kind heart.

Because the first thing came to her mind was the thought about her employees will feel uncomfortable with her being there. Due to her status. She let her employees enjoy the celebration without her because she does not want to make them feel uncomfortable. How very considerate she is. But Seulgi have different thought. Perhaps the other employees want her to be there and celebrate with them. Even there would be slight nervous and maybe some of them would feel awkward but what could be more fun than eating dinner together? 

Seulgi patiently wait for Miss Bae. Standing there collecting her courage before finally entering the restaurant. Searching for the other which apparently they are eating on the center of the restaurant since they are in large number of people.

There sitting all the employees, laughing and joking with each other. Even bottles of soju and alcohol already been open. Joy who is the first person to notice Miss Bae and Seulgi, call them over which grab the other attention.

“Miss Bae! Finally you came! We’ve been waiting for you!”

Irene did not expect Miss Park to notice her really. They seems to have a lot of fun before she came. Did they really waited for her? 

“Wah! Miss Bae is here!”

“Ya! Respect her will you? Where is the glass? Miss Bae you need to drink this!” Said Bogum who bring her a glass of soju mixed with beer. 

Irene took it a little confuse and unsure. Not that she unable to drink but seeing how they seems so welcome with her presence...seems she was wrong all this time.

“Drink it Miss Bae” said Seulgi softly. 

Alittle bit hesitation, Miss Bae drink the whole soju and beer in one shot. Which make everyone cheer proudly. As expected from Miss Bae.

“It’s good to have you here Miss Bae! Please please have a sit and don’t hesitate to eat!” Said Joy.

“Shouldn’t I be the one to say that?” Joke Miss Bae and all the employees laugh along with her.

People who never work or make any contact with Miss Bae would probably shock by the time they witness this moment. They wouldn’t have thought Miss Bae could throw jokes like that.

Even never expected she would spend time with her employees. But this is the prove. She would always want to have dinner with her employees. After all they help developing Bae’s company. 

But Miss Bae just scared they don’t want her to be there. Feel uncomfortable and at the end she feel she will ruin the dinner party. Her thought was wrong after all.

Seulgi can’t help but to smile seeing how happy Miss Bae is. Glad that Miss Bae enjoying herself with her employees and sometimes they would glance at each other. Smiling as they seat across each other.

Miss Bae smile would always beautiful and pretty. Wish she could witness this view everyday and hopefully Miss Bae able to recognize how beautiful she is. That hopefully would make her smile all day. 

 

“Ahh thank you for the treat Miss Bae!” said the drunken Lia.

“We love you Miss Bae!”

“Don’t forget to come again, Miss Bae! It's fun with you around!”

“Alright. I will not forget. Please drive carefully. I don’t want to hear bad news tomorrow”

“Don’t worry Miss Bae! Chaeyoung and I are sober!”

“I know Miss Ryujin. But I think Lia is not”

“Don’t worry about Lia, Miss Bae. She’ll be alright!” 

“We'll make sure she come to work tomorrow morning. Goodnight Miss Bae!” Said the three girls before leaving.

“Goodnight” 

Seulgi just finished pay for the dinner which cost a lot actually. But well Miss Bae is damn rich so...she does not need to worry spending 4 million won for dinner party...right?

Just when she came out from the restaurant, Miss Bae was saying goodbye to the other employees and was about to go inside when Seulgi came out.

Their eyes met and Seulgi let out a soft smile. Miss Bae did the same.

“How was it Miss Bae?”

“Nice actually”

“Good to know. So, are you going home now?”

Home. It would be a waste for Irene to go home just like that. Perhaps a little night walk with Seulgi would do. 

“No”

Surprise? Of course. Usually Miss Bae would choose to go home instead of going somewhere. But now Miss Bae said she's not going home so where the hell she's going?

Joy went home awhile ago since she need to drive Tzuyu, Dahyun, and Nayeon since those girls were completely drunk. Obviously now it's only her and Miss Bae left.

Where the hell Miss Bae want to go? It's almost midnight!

Then all of a sudden, Miss Bae look up to her after having a deep thought. A smile suddenly appear on her face that usually very cold, not surprising at all how her smile would always make Seulgi heart beat faster than it already has.

She's scared if one day she's having a heart attack because of Miss Bae smile. It would be very weird.

"Let's do a nightwalk"

Nightwalk? Seriously? The most famous young CEO, Miss Bae asked her for a nightwalk? Really? Why does it sound so surprising? Because MISS BAE NEVER ASKED HER THAT BEFORE.

Or more like she's not that kind of person who do nightwalk!

Well, Miss Bae always full of surprises or maybe it's because Seulgi doesn't know much about Miss Bae. Sure the reason is Miss Bae never open herself up.

Perhaps soon. She just need to wait for awhile. 

So...nightwalk?

If that what Miss Bae want, Seulgi gladly grant it. As long as it's not eating in a five stars hotel, she still can manage though. Anything related to not spend money that much, Seulgi can grant it.

"Okay" said Seulgi.

They walk side by side to literally nowhere. Just walking down the street, passing by store and store on the sidewalk. It's weird how the silence between them still very comfortable.

Good thing both of them wearing coat because the night wind is very cold. But despite wearing a thick coat, Miss Bae sometimes would try to warm herself by hugging her own body.

Seulgi notice it and seriously if she does not find places that sell hot pack or at least a street food that sell warm food, she would probably do something crazy.

Waiting while keep on walking, searching for places and places, finally! She found a street food right on the corner of the street. Without waiting any longer, she grab Miss Bae hand gently guide her to the red tent.

Of course Seulgi did it without her realizing. Irene was surprise at the sudden physical contact yet the warm from Seulgi's hand very comforting her. But it doesn't last long because once they arrive in this red tent, Seulgi let go of her hand and order a hot tteokboki and fish cake.

The ahjumma gave her the order and gladly share it with Miss Bae. 

"Have some tteokboki, Miss Bae. It's a bit cold. Hope you like it" said Seulgi.

Irene look a bit surprise thought because apparently tteokboki is her favorite food but she never eat the one they sell on the street. Because Jisoo would be the person who always invite her to eat street food.

Jisoo always prefer to eat something cheaper or she would prefer to said it what normal couple do. The dream Irene always wanted to happen in her life. Why does it take so long for her to met someone that resemble Jisoo?

With of course differences from Jisoo.

Perhaps God want her to keep remembering Jisoo this whole years because she's the reason of her death. 

Irene gladly accept the tteokboki and eat it happily. Bringing back memories in the past with Jisoo but the difference is now she's enjoying it with Kang Seulgi.

A very innocent girl. Very different than Kim Jisoo. Her secretary. A girl that share the like in art.

Only that she can't predict the future. Next thing she knew, she went back home with empty feeling. Recalling back the accident in the past because what happened in the past just happened exactly to Seulgi.

The only difference is she was able to save Kang Seulgi.

 

"Miss Bae! Are you alright?"

"I-I have to go"

"Miss Bae let me ta-"

"Please, leave me alone"

"Miss Bae I-"

"Leave me alone!"

And Seulgi was left with complete confusion because just awhile ago they were having so much fun. Until a car almost hit her and good thing Miss Bae saved her.

But why does Miss Bae reacted that way? Why does Miss Bae left her with questions and questions? What happened exactly in Miss Bae life? What happened in the past that make Seulgi hard to understand Miss Bae?

What exactly happened? Is this have anything to do with her late girlfriend? What happened to Kim Jisoo? 

Seems like what happened ealier triggered Miss Bae memories.

This whole thing that happened....why does it make Seulgi hurt? It hurt like...hell? Knowing that even they has grow closer, she know nothing about Miss Bae that make her did not know how to react in this kind of situation.

She was left on the side of the street. Wondering what the hell happened to Miss Bae. 

Then she went back home with empty heart. Leaving Joy looking very confuse at her because Kang Seulgi never been like this before.