"It's Okay To Want To Cry All Day" (or All Night)

Bang Chan Best Boyfriend

The clock reads 2:00 am on your phone set on the far end of his bed. The muffled sounds of Felix, Hyunjin and Jisung playing Mario Kart multiplayer from the living room catch your attention briefly before you look at your boyfriend's figure leaned towards the laptop screen showing new tracks for Stray Kids next comeback and the faint sound of music is playing through his new black headphones given as a Christmas gift from you last month. He takes off his headphones and runs his fingers through his soft hair while sighing as his gaze stays locked on the bright screen in the dimly lit room only lit up with a warm yellow white lamp on his desk.

 

You look at him for a minute to admire your hardworking boyfriend before speaking up from where you're laying stomach down on Chris' top bunk.

 

"Hey babe?"  You say while shifting to sit and place your back against a warm pillow propped up on the wall.

 

"Yes love?"  Chris spins around in the cushioned grey chair to look into your longing eyes set on his loving deep brown eyes. 

 

No words are exchanged for a few moments, just a gentle knowing smile shared between the two of you across the bedroom. Until he gets the hint of being called by you causing him to smile to himself and giggle a little knowing he can read you like a book.

 

"I need to finish this track and then I promise we'll cuddle all night and talk about anything that comes to mind. Okay? I'm almost finished honey."

Chan reassures you with a smile that makes you pout a little resorting him to laugh fondly at your expression before turning back to face the blinding laptop screen. 

 

About 15 more minutes go by as you keep looking down to check up on him until you decide to make the decision of carefully climbing down the ladder to surprise him by sitting in his lap and wrapping your arms around his upper back tightly as he immediately moves his arms from the keyboard to wrap his left arm around your back and his right arm around your mid-waist warmly.

 

"Someone got a little impatient I see?"  

Chris smiles against your cheek and moves his head a bit to kiss the left side of your neck softly before bringing you impossibly closer in his embrace. His hands run up and down your back as his nails scratch gently against your  his soft navy blue t-shirt that he bought in Miami,Florida at Surf Style on tour in 2020. He sighs contently when you rub his upper back and kiss his cheek and move down to kiss his soft pink lips which tastes like strawberries. Before resting your head on his shoulder as he reaches his left hand to caress your head as the right continues to scratch in a consistent motion on your back. 

 

"How'd I get so lucky to be with you?"

 

Chan says quietly while he gazes softly into your eyes that never look away from his. Your boyfriend leans down to kiss you in return while a relaxed smile appears again on both of your faces after your lips touch. 

 

"Says the one who's my favorite safe haven."

 

You mirror the same loving look before your attention shifts to his right hand safely saving everything before exiting out of the program and closing his laptop before turning back to you. 

 

He silently gestures for you to stand up and once you get the hint you then wait for him to stand up alongside with you while he takes your right hand into his left and gently prods you into his arms to warmly hug you tight while rubbing the middle of your back and grunting a little as he squeezes you warmly before letting go so you can make your way up his bunk latter first carefully spotting you in case you fall or slip. Once you are up on his bed safe he climbs up to the bed and makes his way over to you. 

 

Christopher reaches his arms wide as you lean into his comforting hug as you breathe in his Versace Eros cologne on his soft black hoodie which comforts you and releases any pent up anxiety built up throughout the day. He presses his nose gently into your hair to smell your favorite shampoo and conditioner releasing his own anxieties from the past few hours.  He leans the two of you against one of his softest pillows propped up on the wall and reaches under the soft shirt to scratch against your soft skin. 

 

"This is exactly what I needed all day today."  He whispers to you as he rests his cheek against the top of your head sighing in contentness. 

 

You trace gently on the freckles on his abs. The light touch tickles him slightly which quickly turns into a feeling of relaxation causing his eyes to close and bring you close to his chest making him laugh a little when you squeak of surprise at the sudden movement.  

 

"Today was really hard babe..I just want to make everyone proud."

 

You listen to him with a heavy heart because you understand the feeling of wishing you could've done better. Your eyes close as he scratches a spot that's slightly itchy while continuing to talk. 

 

"You performed amazing baby. You're always the best in my eyes and in my heart." 

 

These words reassure him as you speak them against the warmth of his chest and do your best to hold back tears in hopes he won't see your emotions falter.  But Chris is smart and knows your emotions no matter how subtle they are or how much you try to hide, he knows you just as much as you know him. When he feels the comforting abs caress pause and hears the familiar watery tone as you say "in my heart." he immediately lifted up his right sleeve to gently wipe your stray tears that end up falling down your cheek struggling to hold back his own emotions. Your chin is tilted up to face your boyfriend with tears threatening to fall down his own face followed with a loving smile that says 'It's okay sweetheart you can cry i've got you.' He leans down to kiss you softly in hopes of comforting you both as you kiss him back before you bury your face into his hoodie to sob and try to breathe in the comforting scent of his cologne. Chris takes note of this and scratches the back of your head softly in hopes of easing your mind.

 

"I-I wish you could realize how a-amazing y-you are." 

 

When Chan hears these words, all of the tears he was holding back falls down his cheeks with lips quivering to keep a smile on his face. You sit yourself up a bit to rest your head against his collarbone and hide your face in your hands which he takes your right into his right hand gently. After sobbing together for a while you both calm each other down enough to where you can speak again. 

 

"I know you're worried about me baby. I love everyone who loves and supports me, especially Stray Kids, STAY and you."

 

You sniffle against his shoulder and squeeze your eyes shut as the emotions spill over again. Resulting in Chan's voice to break and his hand to squeeze yours for comfort while his left hand writes with his nails 'I love you' over and over again on your clothed back like a canvas. 

 

"I love you Christopher Bang Chan. You're my safe haven, my home."

"And You're my moon,stars, and the sun in the sky. You're the love of my life."

 

The time now reads 5:00 am  as your boyfriend looks into your eyes with sparkling eyes and the most beautiful smile you have ever seen in your life. He wipes some last tears escaping your shimmering eyes blurred to the brim with puffiness and tears with his sleeve and uses it to wipe his own before hugging you tight to say,

 

"Let's go to sleep babe, we both need the rest after crying, yeah?"

 

No words are spoken by you after that, you give each other a goodnight kiss before he lovingly rubs your back as you scratch the middle of his natural curly unstyled hair to relax one another to a sweet dream slumber. 

 

The next morning Chris wakes up at 9:30 am..His eyes are still swollen from last night as he looks over your sleeping features with a small smile before gently your right ear. You wake up with a slight headache due to the heavy crying but the second you realize where you are you hug him tightly before you receive a good morning kiss from him and disconnect your lips to adjust yourselves to where you're lying on his chest and your right hand find it's way to his left hand while his right hand rubs your right arm lovingly. 

 

"I love you the most my beautiful radiant sunshine."

 

Christopher kisses your nose resulting in you to flutter your eyes closed as the emotions are kept at bay by his nails drawing hearts into your arm and upper back. He notices your expression and pulls you closer into his loving arms.

 

"I love you more my sweet loving moonlight." 

 

Both of you smile as he quietly sings the lyrics , "so in love, so in love, so in love, so in love." to Ed Sheeran's Tenerife sea as he himself smiles and looks at you like you're his entire universe. His hands run down your back,arm and side in tune with the love serenade he sings to you that comes into his mind and giggles everytime he reaches an itchy area until you both get ready for the day of more memories spent with Stray Kids,their managers and each other.