Rewind

Not So Dark Tales
Please log in to read the full chapter

When I think about my childhood, I usually focus mostly in all the fun things that I used to enjoy. But, every once in a while, I remember the only paranormal phenomenon that I’ve ever experienced in my thirty-one years of life.

I don’t know why, but I remember it so vividly, as if it happened yesterday.







I was ten years old, and my only worries in life were wondering what games I was going to play on the street and how many of my friends would be there to join.

It all started on a hot summer afternoon. It was Sunday and I just had lunch at home with my family.

I remember asking my mom if I could go out to play and her telling me to go but come back before eight pm. I looked at my toy watch and saw it was only four pm.



I lived in the old part of town, where the streets looked the same and everyone knew everybody. My apartment was in a four-story building, so I had to walk a couple of sets of stairs before I was finally on the street.



I had a feeling that my friends would be in the park closest to my street since it was the only one with shade, si I made my way there.

I could hear them laugh and play louder as I got closer. There was only one difference this time, I could also hear music.



When I arrived, I made my way to the only free swing and sat on it, joining my friend who instantly asked me if I had watched our favorite cartoons while eating lunch.



While we were in our own little world, we heard the volume of the music go up interrupting our conversation and making us focus on it.

As I was forcefully listening to the music, I searched around to find where it came from. In a matter of seconds I saw a boombox on a bench and an older girl dancing next to it.



I recognized the girl, she was a high school student who lived close to the street I lived in. She was also friends with the older kids in the neighbourhood, and most of the time we hung out at the same places, even when not all of us were the same age.



The girl stopped the music and stood up on the bench, getting our attention.

“I have an idea! Why don’t we practice a choreography for this song, and then we perform it in front of our parents?” She looked quite excited about it.

The older girls soon joined her, us younger kids didn’t know what to do, so we continued playing.



The same song kept on playing over and over for a while, the only moments we could rest from it was when they had to rewind it. It wasn’t a bad song so none of us care too much, if at all.



Not long after, the sam

Please log in to read the full chapter