In a neat little bow

The Red String of Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was Valentine's Day. A stupid holiday meant for companies to hike up their prices on chocolate, flowers, alcohol and condoms, only for them to be sold at a lower price during a clearance sale once the holiday is over, simply because they overstocked.

The paragraph above may or may not be related to the author, but that's beside the point.

The point is that it was Valentine's Day.

Shu-hua would often get swamped by male admirers during class and between her classes, since her schedule is the same every week, it becomes predictable to find her. They constantly fight for her attention, usually getting her tiny gifts due to the sheer amount of competition there is. Tiny gifts meant fast and easy gifting, which led to fast and easy conversations. It was like a fansign except you got no signature and everyone had to fight for first place. It was usually a small bag of chocolates or a single rose, but it would amass into quite the collection, to the point where Shu-hua secretly got sick and tired of chocolate and would usually let her parents or any visiting relatives or friends eat them.

 

Soo-jin, on the other hand, usually got hand-written letters and cards, as she hates the concept of the holiday, ignoring and even occasionally rejecting any chocolate or flowers from her male and female admirers alike. She would desert her stone bench, seemingly vanishing into thin air for the day, her multiple admirers leaving their letters and cards in a box on her stone bench, some of them slipped under her dorm room. They make sure not to get caught doing the latter though, Soo-jin was known to detest those who show up at her dorm unannounced, once even ripping a letter in front of the sender. Would have made her cry if Soo-jin didn't look so hot doing so.

 

A bunch of desserts to eat and a bunch of letters to read, what better way to do so than with your best friend?

"I got way too much ing chocolate again," Shu-hua grumbled, using her leg to push the door of Soo-jin's dorm open, plopping a box full of treats, flowers and the occasional store-bought card onto the floor.

"You could always ignore them," Soo-jin signed in response, reaching for some chocolate from Shu-hua's box as she read the card in her hand, using her leg to kick the pile of clothes off her bed for Shu-hua to sit on.

"Can't you pick up after yourself once in a while?" Shu-hua complained, plopping herself onto the free space, grabbing a card from Soo-jin's box to read. "God, why is everyone so for you?" She cringed, wondering why the first card she randomly picked was so explicit.

"You're for me too," Soo-jin replied, tossing the card in her hand aside, picking up another one from her box, "Who knows? I don't think I'm the only tomboy on school grounds, maybe it's because I just seem like one of those thirst traps? I did read something about handcuffs and whips, and I won't be the one being handcuffed or whipped."

"Okay, first of all, what the ? Second of all, I'm only for you because you keep teasing me with your hot body and your flirty way of talking to me," Shu-hua smacked the top of Soo-jin's head with the card she held in her hand, not having any effect on the woman.

"What, this body?" She cocked her eyebrow, taking off her shirt, laying there in sweatpants and her sports bra, "It looks alright, yeah?" Soo-jin bit her tongue, trying not to feel too embarrassed. She had no idea what came over her, but hearing that Shu-hua know that she was flirting with her yet not knowing that she liked her was, quite frankly, a load of bull.

"Oh god," Shu-hua tore her eyes away from her, picking up letters by the handful and throwing them at her, trying to cov

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter