Welcome Back to the Public Eye, G-Dragon

Fix You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 8: Welcome back to the public eye, G-Dragon (or.. as you know, HELL)

 

 

"We will be opening the new building as soon as everything is finished. Everyone is excited for this next step in making YG Entertainment the best agency there is. This new building is not only for the employees and artists but also for the fans. Thank you." The YG's representative clapped his hands together. "Now for individual artist updates.. let's start with.. Seungri-ssi, G-Dragon's manager."

 

The reporters in attendance perked up at the mention of the worldwide artist's name. It has been months since YG's monthly press conference gave an update for G-Dragon. Ever since his accident, with only one mention that GD was healing, the company has been zipped shut about his career or updates about him. It was a pleasant surprise for the reporters that G-Dragon's manager is here today. You could almost see the dollar signs in their eyes. G-Dragon on their headlines = money

 

Seungri stepped into the platform, placed his notes infront of him and smiled at the reporters. "Long time, no see huh? Did you miss my handsome face?"

 

The reporters laughed and were at ease. Their pens were ready, recorders up in the air and video cameras are rolling ready for what Seungri will say. 

 

Yoona shook her head at Seungri's joke. She was at the back of the room, observing the whole ordeal. Seungri offered to introduce her today as GD's new PR spokesperson but she declined saying that this time, it's better that Seungri deliver today's news. It would be more personal coming from someone who had been with G-Dragon since the start of his career.

 

"A lot of time has passed since G-Dragon has promoted. Original plans for his career were pushed back due to the accident he was in a few months ago." Seungri paused. "As most of you know... G-Dragon has been working towards achieving his dreams of a music career ever since he can talk.  He has been in the radios, televisions, and advertisements almost his whole life that sometimes people forget that he is a person too. A real person who goes through the ups and downs of life."

 

Seungri looked down. Yoona nodded approvingly. It's what they talked about before when preparing for the press conference...

 

"Shame them." 

 

Seungri blinked. "Shame... the reporters?"

 

"Yes! You need to remind them that at the end of the day, G-Dragon is still a normal human being. Shame them for writing him off as a crooked guy."

 

He sighed before continuing, "It's unfortunate and a huge shame that a man's road to find sense in a tragic accident is being reported and put in the headlines everyday. Jiyong-ssi has been reflecting on his past actions and is regretful for causing hurt on his VIPs. He's regretful that private moments of his life is being shown to the world. "

 

The shutter of cameras stopped and a number of reporters had to swallow hard, feeling ashamed by what they have been doing before.

 

"However, we're happy to say that Jiyong is exerting a lot of his efforts in preparing for the future and meeting his fans again. We have a lot of surprises for VIPs to come. And yes, he is back to writing songs and preparing for his album to be released later this year." He looked at his notes. "Ah yes, we have added a new team member for G-Dragon's staff. This person will be acting as manager alongside myself and will be GD's PR spokesperson moving forward. I am sure you will miss me but you will love her more. Thank you!"

 

A lot of reporters started to shout aloud their questions but Seungri was already heading out of the room. The YG rep introduced CL's manager next.

 

Yoona met Seungri outside the press con room and tapped him in the back. "Good job out there!"

 

Seungri stretched his neck. "Yeah, well I'm glad that's the last time I'm doing that. They'll be your problem next time.. Where's Jiyong hyung?"

 

They started walking towards the elevator. "Prepping in the meeting room with CL & Taeyang. Vogue filming crew is on their way. Practice studio is ready for the shoot."

 

"Great." They entered the elevator and it ascended. "Do you think he'll be able to do the interview fine?"

 

"Relax. He's been exercising hard and he's been sober for two weeks." Yoona said, opening the door in the meeting room. "He'll do great."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter