Light and Dark

Queen
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mina's POV: 

I entered the room alongside Mieka, Jennie, Sana, Jihyo, Dahyun, Tzuyu, Chaeyoung, Jeongyeon and Nayeon, keeping my head and chin high. Rosé, Lisa and Momo would arrive minutes later. There were sentries at the doors who didn't even bother us a glance as the doors were swung open. 

I tried to keep my face impassive as I took in the stunning sight before me.  

The Kingdom of Darke seemed to be the work of a child while this…. 

The Kingdom of Light was the work of a God. The walls were made with what I had named the sunstone. I didn't know what to call a wall that was made with near - opalescent golden stone that seemed to hold the gleaming of a thousand star within it. 

This was the official seat of power of the Queen of Light. 

Great, scaled beasts were carved into the walls and pillars adding an element that symbolized power and filled the room with an unexplainable aura.  
We took our positions before on the stairs by the throne ignoring the curious eyes and glares thrown our way.  

And before the crowd could stat murmuring, I felt it. Felt her. 

Every rock beneath our feet began to tremble and her footsteps echoed in the air. 

Everyone in the room went still as death waiting for their queen to arrive. Remembering my role, I pushed my shoulders back and kept my chin high. 

First Rosé and Lisa appeared in the doorway. The Queen's general and right hand - the most powerful people apart from the Queen herself. 

They were not the people I'd come to know. Clad in formal attire that hugged their forms and their faces a portrait of confidence and power. They somehow reminded me of the beasts carved into the walls. The people stepped back a little as the two of them strolled towards the dais, towards us.  

And then she appeared.  

She had released the damper of her power, on who she was. Her power filled the throne room, the castle, the world. It had no end and no beginning. 

Here- Here was the Queen who had been born to defy the rules, to rule the world. The face of dreams and nightmares. 

Momo's eyes met mine briefly from across the room as she strode between the pillars. To the throne that was hers by both blood and sacrifice and power. My own blood sang at the power that thrummed from her, at the sheer beauty of her. 

Mieka stepped of the dais dropping to one knee in a smooth bow. Lisa and Rosé followed suit.  

So did everyone in that room.  

Excluding me. 

The entire room, still on the floor watched as Momo's lips curved upward. "Welcome to my home your majesty." 

"Come with me" she purred as she pulled me close to her and led me to the few steps onto the dais - to the throne.  

She winked at me before perching on the arm of the throne while I sat on the cold throne.  

The assembled outright gasped at the scene as Momo called out "Rise" 

"Today, is an important day for all of us" Momo started and I kept my back straight and head high as I felt the eyes on me. 

"Today is the day the two kingdoms join to become one again. For many years, we've been separated and lived as two… But those years have now come to an end and we will be reunited as one again. We've lived in fear all this while of one another because of the oppressive measure that the former ruler of the Darke had inculcated. But it isn’t so anymore. We can now finally be able to say that we are safe and free. Today we will light the fire to guide us to a new future. One where we will emerge as the greatest kingdom in history. We will make this place the best it can be for the future generations. All this time we had been cowering under rocks and hiding in the darkness but now… it's time for us to light this world. Light it with the passion that burns in our veins. Passion that will help us move forward."  she continued while letting her eyes glow silver and playing with a ball of light her hands. She turned to me and I flicked a finger and my power joined her ball of light. Making it look like a yin and yang. 

"Light and Dark are two sides of the same coin. There's darkness lurking even in the brightest of places and there is lig

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter