The Warmth in Your Arms

The Warmth in Your Arms
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The light from the cars passing through the highway illuminates his eyes as Hyukjae looks out of the window. He's in the car, coming back from an award show he was attended with his group.

It was fun. He met so many people, chatting a little with them. Everyone looked so happy. But somehow he can't feel the excitement. Moreover, there's no audience or fans that usually cheering them. Luckily, he wears a mask most of the time, so he doesn't need to fake smiling at people. But, everyone wearing a mask. He felt lonely.

He looks down, finger fidgeting. Felt anxious again. There are so many things coming to his head recently. Many things upsetting, many things are saddening. Don't know why. But he can't handle these minds from coming. These make him unenergized.

A hand pats his thigh, grabs his hand, his head is too heavy to look up but he knows exactly who this hand belongs to. It's Donghae's, who sits beside him from the start. Donghae has been checking on Hyukjae since the beginning. Being with Hyukjae for more than half of his life, he knows immediately when something is not right with his other half.

After the award show ended, they come back to the hotel and prepared to go back home.

Hyukjae's thinking, if he should come back to the dorm. at this point he won't be able to calm, he needs someone's presence, to calm him down, at least for a while. So he won't breakdown because he doesn't want to affect his work. But if he comes back to the dorm, there will be only Kyuhyun. He doesn't want to make his dongsaeng worry. He doesn't like to be seen by him in this state. Moreover, he might just offer him to drink. No, he doesn't want to drink right now. It would just make him worse. He needs someone. And there's only one person that can handle him in this situation...

"Come rest in my place?" Donghae comes to his side, hugs his shoulder lightly.

Donghae knows. When one of them feel sad or feel something bothering them, they will usually come to each other. Sometimes they'll talk and letting their emotions out. Sometimes there just a comfortable silence with warm hugs or delicious meals. All of these make them feel at ease, help them feel relieved.

"Yes." Hyukjae replies under his breath.

So Hyukjae tells Kyuhyun he won't go with him to the dorm and go with Donghae and Leeteuk's car to their apartment.

Leeteuk sits beside the driver in the front seat, letting Donghae accompanying Hyukjae in the backseat.

There's only silence since they're inside. Leeteuk didn't ask much why Hyukjae go with their car either. He somehow understands. Donghae too, just lets Hyukjae being silent, not asking much, and just make sure to be beside him.

Hyukjae sometimes looks out of the window. Then brings his head back. Shuts his eyes trying to sleep. Felt cold. Can't sleep. Donghae keeps holding Hyukjae's hand along the way. That's the only thing keeping him warm.

When they arrive, Donghae squeezes Hyukjae's hand in his before steps out of the car. It's quite cold outside, Hyukjae shivers a little, tightened his coat. In the elevator, Donghae sometimes glances at Hyukjae. Looking worriedly. Then smiled with his eyes when Hyukjae looks back at him. Even if Hyukjae didn't smile back like usual. Or maybe can't.

Before they're parted with Leeteuk, he hugs Hyukjae's shoulder lightly and telling them to rest well. 

They're going inside Donghae's room, Hyukjae takes off his coat, Donghae takes the coat from him and helps him brings his belonging to his room.

"You go shower first."

"Hm." Hyukjae nodded.

"You want to eat something?"

"Hum" Hyukjae shakes his head lightly.

"Okay. I'll bring your change."

Hyukjae went to the bathroom. He turns the shower on and let the water running down his head. Felt relaxed. How he wishes the water can wash away the thought in his head too.

He stays in the shower for a while. When he finally getting cold he comes out of the bathroom. Wearing Donghae's blue pajama. A little too big but it suits him well.

Donghae was sitting on the edge of the bed, playing with his phone. When Hyukjae entered his room, Donghae looks up from his phone.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter