90's love

Love me now

Year 1997

"Yuta oppa!!" Mark shrieked with happiness, seeing his favourite hyung who he prefered to call "oppa" instead. Yuta didn't mind the boy calling him that. He just hugged the younger and have him a kiss on the cheek, smiling at the blushing cheeks. 

Mark was twelve and Yuta was sixteen. Yuta's friend Johnny would sometimes for hanging with the neighbour's kid, but Yuta didn't mind. 

"Wanna go grab ice cream?" To this he got a bright smile accompanied by an enthusiastic nod as a reply.  Then suddenly Mark seemed to realize something as his smile faded. Yuta didn't like that. 

"But don't you have something to do with Johnny hyung and Ten hyung?" 

"No, I would rather hang out with you" This seemed to soothe Mark's troubled mind as he was smiling again, grabbing Yuta's hand to go already. They walked to the ice cream shop swinging arms. 

Mark got distracted while playing a snake game on his phone. Yuta wanted his attention so he decided on kissing the boy's cheek again, making the boy blush yet again and losing the game as the snake hit itself. 

"Oppa, w-why did you kiss m-my cheek again?" Yuta just laughed and pinched the red cheek of the younger. Mark muttered something close to stupid oppa as he shook his head in disbelief of the older's behaviour. 

The duo walked away from the ice cream shop. 

"MAKGEOLLIIIII!" Mark's best friend friend, Donghyuck shrieked. 

"Mark, wanna come playing this new cd rom game I just got? Dad said we can play for half an hour so the phone isn't disconnected too long" 

"Sorry oppa, gotta go!" Yuta was disappointed to see the younger go, but he couldn't keep the boy only for himself. Sighing, he went home and decided to call Johnny. 

"What's up John, wanna hang out? Yeah, I'm alone. Okay, I'll wait" now he had something to do until dinner time. 

*knock knock* 

"Yuta, I've got this game we could try....."

That is how they spent a while until Yuta's parent's came home. 

Yuta was now enjoying his mum's curry with rice. 

"So sweetie, we have some news for you. You dad got transferred to Seoul and we need to-" 

"NO! I'm not leaving! What about my friends? WHAT ABOUT MARK? What about him, huh? Why would you do this?" Yuta's eyes were blurry with tears as he got up, leaving his shocked parents and the half-eaten curry to the table. 

The following days Yuta refused to meet anyone, including Mark. He would just eat and sleep. His mum had called the school to tell he had come down with a bad cold along with his transferral to a school in Seoul. 

It had been three days and Mark was worried. Why was Yuta acting all strange. Mark didn't even dare try calling him. Instead he switched on the radio, humming along to H.O.T's Candy, although the happy song did not currently match his mood at all.

"Does he not like me? Am I annoying to him?" Mark didn't even realize his eyes were watering at the thought. He soon fell asleep tired from crying. 

It was saturday and Mark got up early. He could hear his parents talking downstairs as he went down the stairs. 

"...Nakamoto's are moving out" is the the first thing he heard and his little heart broke. Yuta was leaving? Where was he going? 

"Yuta-hyung is leaving? Mark asked his parents with a shaky voice. 

After that Mark refused to see Yuta either.