fin.

Hopefully it's love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was her first day in Korea and her first day at the company, the unfamiliarity of her surroundings was too much for Mina. She clutched her suitcase tighter as she made her way to the huge, monstrous building splayed out in front, it seemed almost daunting in a way.

She already wanted to go home, snuggle up in her bed and reread her mangas. She tried her best to strike a conversation with the employee at the help-desk, albeit her Korean being extremely limited. But the employee visibly panicked as he tried to make sense of what the young girl in front of him was trying to say. And that's when it happened. A girl with chestnut brown hair, dark eyes and soft pale skin popped up next to her, she spoke to the employee in fluent Korean to which he nodded his head and handed her a key. The girl suddenly pulled her phone out from her pocket, typed a few words and excitedly showed it to Mina.

"Hi! I think I saw you in the trainee list put up earlier. Here's your dorm key, don't expect too much :D. If you ever get lost, just let me know, I'll help you out!"

Mina squinted her eyes, trying to read from the online translator. She looked up at the girl, who flashed her a dazzling smile, a smile that wrapped around Mina comfortably, like her favorite purple blanket, it stirred a warmth within her, making her break into a small grin as well. She gave Mina another assuring nod and scurried up the stairs.

And just like that, Mina found a reason to stay.

 

 

 

 

She didn't really see that girl again, her eyes would sometimes dart around looking for that girl, but she would quickly stop herself and shake her head at her own foolishness. Why was she looking around for a girl who just smiled at her, she would surely have done the same for anyone, she immediately chided herself for being so weak for anyone who even showed an inkling of affection towards her.

Mina finally made a few friends, she surprisingly warmed up to Sana, a fellow Japanese trainee, faster than she ever had to anyone before. Sana was, simply put, easy. Easy to talk to and easy to be with, all with her wonderfully sweet personality. The two of them were eating in silence at the building's café, enjoying the little break they'd taken. A hand patted Mina’s back and she slightly jumped at the sudden interruption.

"Hey, how are you?" asked the girl, the girl she'd secretly been looking for. Her voice faltered at the sudden encounter, now that she thought about it, she didn't really know why she was so grateful to the girl, all she did was smile at her the other day, but she just was.

"I'm fi-fine," Mina stammered.

"I'm sorry I couldn't introduce myself the other day. I'm Son Chaeyoung," she said, stretching her hand forward.

Mina immediately took her hand and shook it slowly, "Mina." she whispered.

Her hand felt so soft against her own, it fit almost perfectly with hers. It wasn't fair how such a small physical contact had such a lasting effect on her.

"By the way, did you know, they're putting out a list of the shortlisted trainees for the-"

Chaeyoung suddenly stopped talking after looking at Mina's adorably confused face. Mina already found it difficult to concentrate due to reasons unknown to her, but especially couldn't understand Chaeyoung because she spoke too fast, or that's at least what she told herself.

Chaeyoung removed her phone and started typing away.

"I could teach you Korean better than the teachers here y'know :)"

She smiled widely at Mina after showing her the message.

That smile, that goddamn beautiful smile again.

 

 

 

 

 

It was Mina's fourth class with Chaeyoung, she was surprisingly good at guiding her. Mina would sometimes involuntarily stare at Chaeyoung, trying to capture her face in her mind, trying to memorize her beautiful features, her doe shaped eyes, her plump lips, her tiny birth mark on her chin. Chaeyoung would slightly shift in her chair after catching her staring, making Mina snap out of her trance. Mina would immediately pretend like she zoned out, which would receive her a painfully adorable pout from Chaeyoung.

 

 

 

 

Mina expectantly looked at Chaeyoung, after writing a few complex sentences in Korean and reading it out to her. Chaeyoung fell back in her chair and let out a loud, airy laugh. Mina cocked her head to the side with a questioning look on her face.

"Mina, I'm sorry but you just said that the biggest inspiration in your life is your small intestine,"

Mina cringed into her chair, her face turning a bright red.

"You are slow," quipped Chaeyoung, wiggling her eyebrows at her.

"Heyyyy, people make mistakes. I don't think my teacher's all too good," she replied, moving slightly closer to her, close enough to see the pretty freckles that lined her cheekbones.

"Is that right," Chaeyoung answered animatedly, letting out a soft laugh.

Mina felt a sudden flash of warmth spreading through her when she heard her laugh. The fleeting moment was more than enough for Mina to come to a conclusion.

Mina slightly sighed, she already knew what was going to happen, she was going to fall for this girl. Definitely.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter