Chapter 0 : The Last Resort

Idalso Prod : Revive and Relive

“MS. Jo, I think you assumed this company had low standards.”  

Haseul wants to answer back, tell the woman she was wrong. There’s no way she will think of that when she’s applying for a job in this company in the first place.

Specifically, in her dream company. 

The company she had been dreaming of working on for years, ever since she saw the company’s first film. She was a witness of how Skylight Productions bloomed its business and became every young filmmaker’s dream company. 

The woman continues, seeing the applicant staying silent, “The scenes are cut oddly, maybe your editor is the one to blame. You’re a director, right?”

Guilt was slowly flooding Haseul after nodding to the woman's question. For the sake of her portfolio, she became hands-on in the technical parts of film making. Haseul, for the first time, faced her laptop with the video editing software running on it instead of a Microsoft Word, proofreading a manuscript.

“Some shots were kind of shaky too but I understand, gimbals are kinda pricey nowadays.” After finally getting a sight of the woman’s name tag Haseul figures out this was Skylight’s main cinematographer. Of course, she would check out the film technically. 

It was clearer than Haseul’s newly cleaned (and even shined) windows, she would never get accepted in this company. 

Lisa had a few clicks done on the laptop before pulling out the flash drive and giving it back to Haseul, “I’m impressed with your resume, honestly speaking. Eunbi told me beforehand you were rivals in a Senior High School Film Fest and she saw your film, it was the most exciting film she watched as an amateur--”

Haseul grabbed for her scarf beside her and let out a loud cough. She couldn’t think of other ways to cut off the cinematographer without offending her. Great, a higher chance of losing an opportunity to join the company. The applicant bows her head, she can't speak anymore, not when she's still inside of this office, not when she's still in front of Lisa. 

Before Lisa continues to speak, someone barges in. Take note of the word, barge. 

"Lalisa!” The scene-stealer, with a wide grin on her face, waves and greets Lalisa. Haseul turns her head to Lisa when she hears her sigh, she by then starts to ask herself. Was she supposed to get nervous because of that?

The heavy stomps she’s feeling from her chest gives her the answer.

“What do you need—"

Before Lisa finishes her question, Eunbi answers, "The cast is complete, Li. Director is now calling you." 

"Director?" 

"Ah," Eunbi's tone became higher, remembering something she's supposed to say to the cinematographer, "She rescheduled the shoot for the documentary and called all the cast for the new film to come ASAP." 

Lalisa only nods in response to Eunbi's explanation and starts preparing herself to leave. 

Eunbi approaches Haseul by grabbing for her hand, "Ready to go, Jo?" The grin didn't leave Eunbi's face since she entered the room, Haseul wishes she can absorb some positivity from her. 

After nodding to her colleague's question, Haseul places her flash drive into her bag. She had been holding on to it for a while, acting like it was some sort of stress ball. 

As Lisa closes the door of the office, Eunbi swiftly sits on one of the couches, a few distances away from Haseul's seat then she asks, "How was it?", with excitement in her voice. 

Haseul breaths in loss of words. After a short deafening silence, Eunbi stands. She grabs Haseul's hands that come off kind of aggressive, she immediately apologizes, "This room is kind of suffocating, no? Been there." They both walk their way to the door, with Eunbi on lead, and seizes the knob to open. 

They were both greeted by a busy ton of people running everywhere. A rushing young guy with a black briefcase even accidentally bumped them from behind. 

"It was always like this when Director Jen is here," Eunbi murmurs when the young guy was far away enough from them. She turns her head to Haseul. "She pressures everyone like this. She sends out commands at the last minute yet wants us to do it quickly." She adds.

"What about you?" Haseul removes her hand from Eunbi's grip. "Don't you have something to do?" 

"Nah." Eunbi sways her hand in mid-air. "I already have done it before she asks me to do so."

"How did you…" 

"That's what she's been asking me to do always since I arrived here." 

"What is it?" Haseul asks. 

Eunbi giggles before she answers, "Getting her blazing hot pure black, no sugar, no cream coffee from the convenience store. Starbucks is actually her go-to coffee but these days she's out of budget so…" 

Haseul furrows her brows, her mind full of wonders as she listens to her colleague's summary of her one-year job story. 

"I also got the job sometimes of listing everyone's food orders including myself, so I guess I'm winning!" Eunbi laughs out but it volumes out when an older woman in formal attire passes by them, with a load of papers hugging on her chest. Eunbi offers assistance but a raise of hand stops her to do so, the woman walks faster. 

"She really hates getting help. Excuse her." 

Eunbi never lets negativity get through her. Haseul had always admired her friend's enthusiasm like that ever since she had met her in Senior High School. It seemed to be out-of-character as Eunbi got an intimidating aura for someone who meets her at first. Haseul was one of her victims. At least, Haseul was glad she got over that and even became close friends with her. Ending up with Eunbi offering her a job at Skylight as soon as Eunbi found out the production is getting a new aspiring director. 

"Eunbi," Haseul calls her out. 

"Yeah?" 

"Is that really what you've been doing in here?" 

"Yeah?" Eunbi repeats her words, and then slowly ponders Haseul's question.

"Eunbi," With a confronting tone on her voice, Haseul says, "I don't think they are treating you right here." 

Haseul cannot believe at first what she heard from Eunbi's story but she needed to get her colleague straight. Her dream company wasn't that ideal after all. With how they treat newbies, they work here to pursue their passion and not to become assistants. Aspiring filmmakers didn't waste 3 years to end up doing tasks like their part-time waiters. In Eunbi's case, 4 years of creative writing and a year of filmmaking for experience in the film industry. 

"What are you talking about, Haseul?" 

"Look!" Haseul shouts and looks around the full white hallways full of doors and frames of movie posters to see if anyone's hearing them, scared as if she was about to expose a huge tea. Well, sort of. 

"They're treating you like here." Eunbi awes when she heard the latter swear. "You're here to become a screenwriter, not to be their slave." 

There goes Eunbi's chuckle again, Haseul hates hearing it.

"You've been here for a year but you're still going out to get someone's coffee and orders. What are you? A waiter? We have been doing that since we're interns!" 

Silence fills up the hallway. 

And Haseul was about to regret everything she had said. 

"I actually noticed that…" Eunbi places her hand on her chin, with her arm acting as a desk for her elbow.

"2 weeks ago I set them up in a deal. I ranted to the Director. Brave of me isn't it? I just confronted the most respected Director of Skylight Prod about my job when in fact I've been here for only a year." she adds. 

That decision got Eunbi shivering for almost a week. She almost printed out her resignation letter after she exited the Director's office at that time when she complained. She waited for days. Her job like a slave continued for weeks. Until she got summoned by the Director herself into one of the shootings. 

Eunbi was so ready to become an embarrassing show at that time. 

"Then it turns out, she wanted me to send her my best manuscript. She dismissed me early. I proofread my script and emailed it to her that night…" 

Hating the suspenseful cut, Haseul asks right away after the slight pause, "Then?" 

"The look test we're talking about with Lalisa earlier? It's my work." Eunbi had a smirk on her face as she said those words. 

"You're telling me…" 

"Yup!" The smirk didn't leave her face, she said proudly, "My manuscript is going to be a film." 

Haseul's eyes glowed, she tried to suppress her excitement, if they were not in a narrow hallway, she could hug Eunbi and scream the hell out. 

An achievement like this was already huge for a fresh graduate like Eunbi. Hearing the achievement kind of strike a pang on Haseul's chest, she could have been achieving the same thing as Eunbi too by now, or even more than that but she set it aside and expressed her happiness for the colleague. 

"Tell me when it's going to be launched! I'll watch it a lot of times!" 

"I will, sweetie. As soon as I find out the premiere night, I'll tell you about it and even snatch a ticket for you." 

"Nah! I'll pay for it. Art isn't supposed to be free!" 

Eunbi clicks her tongue out and shakes her head, "I hate you and your rich —" 

"So, how was it? With the job interview? Did you hire them in?" 

"Nah. It's cheap ." 

"Wait, what?" 

"I feel bad for her, though. She didn't seem to work well with her crew at that film. Can't even see the chemistry with the cast. They look like random kids picked up from the streets." 

Eunbi and Haseul talked so much that they didn't realize they were already in the crowded part of the studio, the door was wide open and a gigantic green screen reached the ceiling and surrounding almost half of the room. 

Haseul holds Eunbi who was about to continue walking. 

"You sure? Even I can't appreciate it?" 

Lalisa shakes her head, "I know your love for amateur-made films, Jen. Because you always say you've been there too, we all here have been there too. But… they look like they were forced to do it. Like a sort of a High School requirement." 

"You're too harsh, Li? Did you save it on the drive? Let me watch it. You know most of the times we have different views in films—" 

"Well, no. I even accidentally deleted it from her flash drive because I fell into the thought it was our work. It was that trash, Jen." 

"You're too mean—" 

"Haseul!" 

Haseul flashes out her way off the studio. The exit door appears on Haseul's blurry vision that quickly so she didn't have a problem taking turns this way or that way. 

"Eunbi?" 

Eunbi's worried eyes turn to Jennie, the film director. 

"Who was that?" she asks. 

"Uhm.." Eunbi scratches her nape, turning to Lalisa who's also there, who was looking at her sternly, waiting for her response. "That was my friend." 

"The one you're talking about?" 

Eunbi shyly nods. 

Jennie faced Lisa, who was blank as a canvas staring back at her. "She heard it." 

"What?" 

She gives Lisa a disappointed expression before looking back at Eunbi. "You should have called me beforehand. I shouldn't have let this interview your friend." 

"You were too busy…" 

"Well, chase her. Comfort her. Tell her if she's still ready to go, I want her to go back and let me interview her." 

Stunned by the director's sudden kind actions, Eunbi nods before running to follow Haseul. 

"You really at interviewing, Li. Do you know what happened a few years ago when you kicked out Chan? Well, he's one of the best now." 

Lisa falls into silence. 

"I swear if that girl turns out to be a gem and decides to build up her crew. I'll switch you and Seulgi. She's been wishing to be in your place for years now." 

 


 

"Haseul! Wait up!" 

Eunbi thanked the odds Haseul seems to be waiting for her at the waiting shed just a crossroad far from the studio. She looks at both sides of the road before crossing. She gets herself a seat beside Haseul, looking down with shuffled hair like cars ran past her when the road was too silent. 

"I knew it was trash, though…" Eunbi tries to hand comb Haseul's hair but the latter by then raises her head, with puffy eyes and tears dried. She sniffed but got a little loudly, she can't help but chuckle. 

"But I didn't know it was that trash. I wanna thank her for making me realize that." Her chuckle continues as she speaks but Eunbi only feels blue by that. 

"You know yourself it wasn't right?" Eunbi whispers. The mood got down by that moment, Eunbi cannot even offer a smile to comfort the latter. 

"No. It really was." 

"But… why did you pass that film then?" 

"It was all I have, Eunbi." Her head faces her newly stained shoes. The weather predicted what was going to happen by the end of her day here it seemed. 

"I can't find my chemistry with them but I don't have a choice. When you told me Skylight was going to have month-long hiring, I looked up some random film crews on social media. I was that desperate. I was even lucky I got comfortable with them, somehow." Haseul explains. 

"Damn, I wonder if they passed their job interviews with that ty portfolio…" Haseul's chortle, instead of giving relief to Eunbi, only got Eunbi thinking of what the latter was thinking of at the moment. 

She bet Haseul got her own demons to laugh at her for her work to be called a cheap . If that wasn't the worst, it was still one of the most painful comments an artist could have ever received. Haseul surprisingly took it calmly. So it worries Eunbi so much. If that was her, she could have made a scene in this waiting shed, even let a car bump her hard so she couldn't wake up anymore. 

"Jennie got an offer for you." 

Haseul faces Eunbi with curiosity, "The director?" 

Eunbi tries to get back her fulfilling excitement from earlier. "She wants to interview you again when you're ready. The director might be treating everyone on the set but she's surprisingly kind in interviews. That's why when she interviewed me I got relieved that she was only intimidating. Well, just a thought." 

A minute didn't even pass when Haseul shakes her head and gives Eunbi a tight-lipped smile. "She'll see it as trash too. I can't handle two negative criticisms for a week." 

"Well, it's up anytime." 

"Nope. I don't want to waste her time." 

"No interview is a waste of time for Jennie. She enjoys watching films made by teenagers, I'm sure she'll appreciate yours. Knowing you, your works are beyond." 

"But not with what I have in my portfolio now, Eun." 

"Try to make a new one?" Eunbi suggests, it only made Haseul laugh like it was a joke from a comedy show.

"I don't even have a team!" Haseul didn't stop laughing but it somehow got softer, Eunbi is close to bringing her to the psychiatrist she knows seeing how Haseul is handling everything now. 

"How about that team from Senior High? What was the name of your prod? Idalso— 

"Don't ever mention that name again." The smile on Haseul's face immediately subsided and conveys a serious face to her. 

Now, Eunbi found out the problem. 

Eunbi had idolized Haseul's crew from the Senior High School Film Festival their school had set up from when they were in Grade 12. Her crew, Enozi Films, were in the same place as Haseul's one time. She even got distracted shooting their own film by getting fascinated with Idalso Prod. Both of their crews got their own complete packages. In fact, their films were the most looked out for in the whole film fest. 

But Eunbi really finds Idalso Prod interesting. She followed their shootings and secretly watched them when they were shooting at school. And no, it wasn't for spying. Eunbi was oddly good at catching a team's chemistry and she had seen it with Haseul's team. She indeed enjoyed watching their journey. She never misses a day not watching them even when she got her own. 

Because of that, she met Haseul. Idalso Prod's film director. 

"Why?" So it was indeed a surprise for Eunbi Haseul doesn’t want to talk about her old crew, or even mention it. She wanted to open up since she got reconnected with Haseul two months ago but they never got a chance. If destiny wasn't there to stop her from getting that moment, Haseul does so. 

"Got a bad past with them." 

Eunbi narrows her eyes at Haseul. When Haseul didn't get a response from the latter, she looks up to face her but only giggled at Eunbi's face. "What's with the face, Eun?" 

"Bad past? With them?" 

"Yeah?" 

"What kind?" 

"It's…" Haseul pauses. "Pretty bad. Long. Complicated. Traumatizing. Story." 

It only piqued Eunbi's interest, instead. 

"How about you? With Enozi? Got a pretty bad past too?" 

Yes, in this way. This is how Haseul changes the topic when it's about her friends from Senior High. 

And Eunbi always let it slide. 

"They got their own gigs now. Unfortunately, Hyewon didn't pursue photography. She got herself a resto. Yeah, still connected with her eating hobby, at least." Eunbi giggles when a memory slides into her mind about Hyewon's excuses for taking a break every hour. 

"Why don't you plan on setting up a team with Idalso again? You know for your portfolio again—" 

"Hey, how about Yena and Yuri? Got any updates from them? They were a pretty strong couple back then right? Are they—" 

"Haseul." 

Haseul wides her eyes on Eunbi. Making her stop when she hasn't even started to open up the topic again. Eunbi would never let Haseul slip this time. 

"What was it about?" 

"I told you Eun, it's a pretty bad, long, complicated—" 

"So that's why you're here in Manila? To escape whatever past you got into with them in that place?" 

Haseul had zipped, willingly receiving the sermon Eunbi gives her, not bothering how harsh the latter would be to her. There's no way she would speak about her past just like that. 

"Go back to Baguio." 

Haseul scoffs. "Hell no." 

"Don't miss them?" 

"I do though."

"Then why not go back?" 

Haseul pauses, trying to choose the right words to say to the latter. The exact words that can make the curious Eunbi stop asking her about this. 

"I ed up. Big time. And I don't wanna remember it anymore." 

"But you miss them."

She heaves a deep, and shaky sigh. "They don't deserve someone like me. I shouldn't have even gathered them all for the film festival in the first place." 

"Hell, I don't think they want to see me." 

Why did she even come here in the first place? 

She should have seen it coming. Eunbi was also a part of her past, even admired them. She should have expected Eunbi will ask her questions like this. She should have come prepared, with more excuses on how to shift topics. She has done it before. 

She shouldn't have accepted Eunbi's offer by then.

From Haseul's periphery, Eunbi fished for her phone from her pocket. Haseul did not bother to ask what for. She grabbed for hers and booked for a ride back home. 

All Haseul has to do is wait. For 30 minutes, she can still manage to be with Eunbi, right? She had to. The road was silent and there's no way a miracle vehicle will come on her way and invite her for a ride. Destiny wasn't in her favor since Day 1, anyway. 

"Maybe the others don't. Except for her." 

Eunbi hands her phone to Haseul, with the screen lightened up. Haseul was about to avoid her gaze towards the device but then she saw the contact name appearing on the screen. 

"She's been bugging me since I started to work at Skylight. She thought we're work buddies and she wants me to update her about you." 

Yeojin: 

C'mon! I know ur hiding haseul in there she told you not to tell me hmm?! 

I think she forgets shes been bragging to every1 she'll work in Skylight someday!! I think the others forgot but not me I'm sure she's in there grrr 

You : 

Ur wrong kid 

I know haseul wants to work here but I swear I havent seen her yet 

Yeojin : 

Liar!! 

Help me pls?? Atleast let her know its not her fault 

Our other friends might blame her but im a mature kid!! It's not her fault 

You : 

Idk any business between yall but ok ill tell her

Yeojin : 

SEE!!! Ur hiding her !! 

 

"It's only three days ago…" Haseul mutters as soon as she reaches the last message of that conversation. There were like a ton more above as Haseul has seen but she didn't scroll it up anymore. 

Eunbi reaches for her phone again and locks it. She wraps her arm around Haseul to reach the latter's shoulder and massages it. 

"Not everyone's mad at you at all." Eunbi's smile somehow brought comfort to Haseul. She wiped for her own tears, they fell as soon as she saw Yeojin's name on Eunbi's phone. 

"You really miss them, Jo. You should go back." Eunbi says while Haseul tries to recover from her crying. 

There's no way Haseul's emotions and her attachment for the kid would be betraying her right now. Her mind is committed to staying in this city until she becomes a successful filmmaker and after that, trying her skills to go Hollywood. That's her plan. She even bought a journal to fill it up with her dreams and plans. She learned it from her other friend in Baguio—

Haseul hushes her thoughts.

She survived not breaking down by thinking about them while she was busy making her manuscript in her little cozy condominium unit in the most bustling part of the city. Yes, they did slip on her mind but she can easily shrug them by singing on top of her head and problem solved. 

The amount of effort Haseul did to forget the eleven of them from that cold and gloomy place was crazy. She even made a new set of social media accounts and blocked them all there (except for Yeojin, though.) 

Haseul shouldn't have accepted Eunbi's help. She can handle this herself, anyway.

"Well…" Eunbi removes her hold from Haseul's shoulder. "I don't think they will be that mad to you. You've been here for what, a year?" 

"Going two." Haseul corrects. 

"Oh right. It's been a long time. For sure they will—" 

"It's not just a catfight, Eunbi."

Haseul was serious when she said her past with the eleven was pretty bad, scratch that, it's really really bad, long, complicated and— 

"More reason why you should go back." 

For the second time, Eunbi opens her phone and exits the messages app where Haseul read her conversation with Yeojin. Just seeing the younger's name strikes a pang in Haseul's heart. Yeojin was one of the names Haseul is struggling to forget every time the kid enters her mind suddenly, especially in the middle of her attempted meditation. 

Haseul checks her phone when she hears it made a ding. Fifteen minutes before her ride comes. Wow, she survived being with Eunbi. 

"Hello, Hitomi? Can you slip me a ride to Baguio?" 

Oh wow. She's coming for a vacation. 

If only it wasn't for the traumatizing past Haseul had in that place, she would've visited it every day. Hell, she wouldn't even leave! 

"No. Not me. Remember Haseul?—" 

"What?!" Haseul jerked on Eunbi who is now on a phone conversation with a certain Hitomi. As far as she knows, the Hondas, Hitomi’s family, own one of the largest bus lines in Baguio. Yes, she remembers her crew getting treated for a ride back home when that one-time Idalso and Enozi film in the same place. 

"Yes. I'm taking this girl back there. And please… whenever I call again, don't accept my declines. Just book her a ticket. Okay?— Hey Jo Haseul!" 

"Hello?" Haseul runs meters away from Eunbi, she's tankful the latter was wearing stilettos. 

"Oh hi? Jo Haseul from Senior High? It's been a while!" Hitomi greets her delightfully. Hitomi was one of the rays of sunshine of Eunbi's crew way back. That's why she and the other members of her crew, Jiwoo, click together. 

No, not another name again. 

"Yeah, right. It's been a while." She greets back, with awkwardness visible in her voice. 

"What's up?" 

"Uhm…" Haseul looks back, she sees Eunbi standing at the edge of the waiting shed with crossed arms, deadpanning at her. "Please don't book me a ticket." 

"Oh?" A click was heard from Hitomi's line. "Sorry, too late." 

"What?"

"The moment you said that I already booked you a ticket." 

"What?!" 

Hitomi chuckles nervously, "Sorry, Jo. I'm working as the cashier right now so I was able to do it right away. I can't have this refunded either because your name is printed on it." 

Sometimes Haseul hates technology for being so fast, except for the fact that the rise of the digital age itself is the source of her passion and income. 

Specifically, for this situation. 

Why does it require her name to be entered?! 

"Well… I can sell it, right?" 

"Hmm…" The pause makes Haseul's heart skip its beat. "Yes, you can." 

Haseul silently mouths a yes. 

"If you can find another Jo Haseul in there. Good luck, though. I booked your ticket for two days from now." 

Can she accept this ticket and go to Hitomi's booth in Baguio just to pinch her cheeks out of frustration? And a few giggles. 

"So I don't have a choice?" 

"Yeah, basically." Hitomi giggles, Haseul's frustration is a bit away before it's full. 

Haseul releases a disappointed sigh. She doesn't know if her ears are tricking her but she heard another giggle from the other line. 

"Hey but Haseul…" Why do people love to pause for suspense? "Sorry for being nosy but I know why you're there and why you're scared to go back." 

When Haseul zips and decides to hear the younger's side, Hitomi continues. "It was not your fault, okay? No one wanted it to turn that way.

"Maybe we're a little too passionate like that before that we're desperate to pass our films at the last minute like how a superhero saves the city at the binge of their failures but Haseul it's not your fault…

Haseul was sure of the next lines, it's the last words she wants to hear and everyone would probably say those to her but miraculously, Eunbi hasn't mentioned it yet. Maybe she's being careful? Haseul appreciates that. 

"Whatever happened to her, it was never your fault." 

The moment Hitomi dropped the bomb, Haseul was lost. As a whole. She expected herself to cry but her eyes are totally dry, she doesn't feel about crying either. 

She doesn't know if she's supposed to be thankful for her emotional side or she must worry about what's going to happen later. It's always like that. 

"Hey but as far as I know she's doing fine. Anyway, I never got a chance to mention this to you since we don't talk at all but Jiwoo asked me to search through the bus line's documents the day you left." 

Jiwoo? No way. 

The Kim Jiwoo who was the most indignant to her that day? Is looking for her? Worried for her? During the ride to Manila that one stormful day, Haseul asked for apologies to the gods and even said she would gladly accept whatever curse the witch master would throw at her. It's the most Jiwoo thing Haseul thinks Jiwoo would do when the girl reaches her ultimatum.

And now, instead of going straight to her mom's friend who is a sorcerer, and cursing her to bad luck, she went to Hitomi and asked for her whereabouts? 

Now, that's the most unlikely Jiwoo thing.

"Now you guys are catching up too much!" Eunbi taps her phone away from Haseul's ear, throwing it up in the air.  Haseul's chest beat faster and harder than earlier, her hand that was holding Eunbi's phone was still in her ear, shaking. Thankfully, Eunbi was able to catch her phone before it touches the ground. 

"Hello, Hii? You still there?" 

Hitomi's voice is now inaudible for Haseul. Haseul waits for the two's conversation to end. When it ended, she was still unable to recover from what Eunbi did. 

"Why is your hand still in your ear…?" Eunbi points to Haseul's hand. 

"You're crazy!" 

"What?" Eunbi complains while shaking her slapped hand. 

"What were you thinking? That's…" Haseul looks at the thankfully saved phone from the fall. "Expensive! You pulled it away from me as if it was a toy!"

Eunbi giggles and starts to walk back to the waiting shed, droplets start to paint the road again, "I've been practicing that since forever! No worries!" 

Haseul came up to Eunbi's pace and decided not to respond anymore. She's too exhausted about everything that happened today. If it wasn't because of the freaking ride she booked for what it seemed like 5 hours ago, her plans for the next two days won't be postponed. 

And yes, she's coming to Baguio. As if she can find another Jo Haseul in the busy streets of Manila. 

This silence could have happened minutes ago. Haseul muttered to herself. As soon as they both sit again, no one even opens a mouth or even tries to inhale the oddly pleasant smell of petrichor. 

"What are your plans?" 

Haseul faces Eunbi and compensates her with the same deadpan expression her colleague threw her earlier with that call with Hitomi. 

"Am I supposed to ask you that question since you're the one who decided to throw me back there?" 

Eunbi let out a chuckle. "For that almost 2 years? You got no plans?" 

"No." She admits, she just left to not go back anymore. Haseul couldn't believe someone as zealous as Eunbi will push her towards reconciling back to her friends. 

Yes. Friends. Haseul finally acknowledged the fact that she did make history with those eleven individuals. The reason why Eunbi was acting out like a fan of their crew during Senior High School. 

"Well… how about reviving that little friendship of you eleven by trying to relive the past? Start from when you were just starting to build up Idalso?" 

Haseul frowns. How is she supposed to do that when they're not in Senior High School anymore joining a film festival? For sure, everyone had taken different paths. None of them were interested to become passionate about the arts. Well, that's what Haseul knows. 

"Like what I said, relive." 

Eunbi takes out an already crumpled paper from her purse and gives it to Haseul. She reads it aloud for the latter, "Film for Freedom Film Festival," and points the mechanics on the paper on how to join the contest. 

"What is this?" 

"A way to revive and relive." Eunbi smiles. 

Haseul shows confusion. 

"I was planning to reunite Enozi to join that film fest but everyone's already busy. Hitomi got her bus line company. Hyewon with the resto. The younger ones with their internships…" and the list of names goes on. 

"I'm updated with your friends. They're not as busy as my team. They can insert that in their not so hectic schedule." 

"You think there's still a chance?" Haseul's tone of voice as she asked that question intrigues Eunbi, is it hope? Eunbi wishes so. 

Eunbi pats her. "Of course, you guys do. You have Yeojin. Who knows? Maybe the others aren't mad at you at all!" She continues to cheer up the hopeless aspiring filmmaker. 

"But how about…" 

"I may not know her that much. But I don't think she fills herself up with pride on a daily basis." 

Haseul fastens her eyes and exhales, trying to function and make up a decision. This will change her whole life, specifically her plans written in her newly bought journal. Is she going to sacrifice all those pages and fill up the blanks with the plans in the future film she'll make instead? 

After a few minutes of meditation, which is surprisingly successful this time, Haseul makes up her mind. 

"Okay, then. I will." 

She hopes her determination will stay with her until the end.