Chapter 1: Her Prison for a home

Go, Anna ChoHan (고 안나 초한)

 

"Wake up, you fat parasite, go to school!"

Oh, how her mother loves her.

             Anna woke up and got out of her bed grudgingly but in a hurry. She wanted to get away from that monster and better yet, everything else in this world. She hated it all.

            Ignoring the big, expensive breakfast in the dining room, she made some toast for herself. Being poisoned was not the way she wanted to die.

           Anna went into her room. It was the smallest in the house. There was the master bedroom, the guest bedroom, the maids' bedroom, the office/study and the extra room/den, where she slept. Can you believe that? Now, being ugly, she went to her dresser, opened her makeup kit and put on some fake skin to make her skin lighter. Heavy makeup did the trick too. Now, she looked normal.

         “Get out of the house now, you’re gonna be late!” Her father screamed, apparently trying to break down the door to the one of the only places she wanted to be in.

         A ‘yes daddy’ did not seem to satisfy him; He continued banging on the door until she opened it. A tall, slim, glowering, bespectacled middle-aged man stood infront of her. She cast her eyes on the floor. “Sorry daddy, I was just putting on my makeup”.

        “Of all the 9 years you’ve been living, I wanted you to have plastic surgery, so that you won’t bother with makeup!”

         Anna picked up her bag and left her house. With hot tears forming in her eyes, she began her route to another prison: school.