Don't be happy

Shattered
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

February of 2022 came and Solar hadn't overcome Moonbyul's absence.

The singer dated the woman she mentioned to her best friend for some months but the makeup artist complained that Solar was always emotionally unavailable and they broke up.

Rbw ceo asked Wheein, Solar and Hwasa to join a celebration for all of the team's achievements.

There would be a party at the company and all the groups would sing and play to each other.

Hwasa asked angel line to perform their classic version of Don't be happy and both of them hesitated because they didn't remember the telephone choreography anymore.

But as the maknae was still a bit depressed, the leader gave in and started practicing.

The duo was practicing at one of the  rooms most used by Mamamoo and Solar kept trying to shake Moonbyul off her mind.

After they worked hard for hours and got satisfied with the choreo, Solar picked the lyrics to remember every word and then they would rearrange it later.

The singer sat by the piano and started hitting the keys while singing :

"I never had a chance to say that I miss you
That I miss you
I thought that you would always be by my side".

Hwasa noticed her unnie's voice shake and she exchanged a look with Wheein.

Solar continued singing:

"But you’re in another man’s arms, being loved
That affectionate image drives me crazy
It feels like my heart will rip as much as I regret
I’m so mad at myself for just standing here."

The older girl breathed heavily and her voice got more intense.

"Don’t be happy, don’t ever be happy
You have left me so don’t you dare crack a smile
Don’t be happy, don’t ever be happy
I don’t need to hear the lies that nothing will change
Oh oh oh oh"

Suddenly, Solar started crying but tried to keep going:

"I never had a chance to say that I love you
That I love you
I threw away all of my pride and am begging you"...

When the brunette punched the piano, the maknaes ran and pulled her for a double hug.

_____ What is it, unnie? Why are you crying?

Only after a long time that Solar was able to calm down and speak.

The three friends sat on chairs and the leader opened up:

____ I always loved her. I fell in love with Byul-yi but I never had the guts to confess it, to give us a chance. I thought about the fact relationships end but the bond we had, our friendship would be forever.

____ Yes...We always wondered when you guys would confess and be a couple...____ Wheein sighed.

____ You knew???? I thought she didn't like me that way though. She was always flirting around.

____ Unnie, I'm sorry but...Are you dumb? Byul-yi unnie had eyes only for you. Her greasiness with everybody was just a joke...___Hwasa spoke with frustration.

____ Ah...I didn't see things this way. So I decided to date someone and kill my feelings. When I told Byul about dating this girl, she got so...heartbroken...But she didn't give me a chance to talk.

Wheein and Hwasa looked at one another with deep sadness.

The maknaes missed Mamamoo as a family and they loved the unnies so much that it hurted knowing the duo had lost their chance of happiness because of lack of communication.

____ You should try harder, unnie. Let's hire someone to find her.____ Wheein suggested.

____ It's too late...I heard Byul-yi is living with Sandeul...____ Solar restarted crying.

____ What? Sandeul?! Please...Those two are like siblins..____ Hwasa rolled her eyes.

____ He left Korea. He also ended his contract. And They are sharing an apartament somewhere in Europe.____ The older one commented with pain in her eyes.

____ I can't believe... But how do you even know that?____ Wheein was shocked.

____ I have a friend in common with Sandeul. He told me all about it....

____ I don't know what to think about this...Byul-yi unnie never spent more than some weeks far from her family. And never spent more than a week far from you, unnie. It's been One year and 2 months...What else is gonna happen?____ Hwasa said with deep frustration.

The leader stood up and threw her chair on the floor.

Solar was angry and desperate when she spoke:

____ I can't live like this! The only reason why I suffocated my feelings was to preserve our friendship. And now I lost her anyway...I don't want that she dates someone else. I can't...breath....

Wheein noticed that there was something weird happening to Solar and then both girls saw their leader collapse on the floor.

Hwasa got on her knee and started crying while holding the brunette's hand and Wheein called an ambulance.

Later, the doctor explained that the artist had suffered a panic attack.

Mamamoo's manager had to tell their ceo that the girls would not be present at the celebration.

Some days later, the maknaes dropped by Solar's place to wish her a happy birthday.

The trio ordered fried chicken and all talked about traveling together

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter