06: slips and slides on thin ice

24/365 (i only wanna be with you)

Chaeyoung can't really skate and Lisa can't quite either, but they still do it anyway.

(Can't have those tickets go to waste now, can they?)

 

Okay, her. Chaeyoung thinks.

 

No. the world, honestly.

 

“Chaeyoungie,” Lisa murmurs. Her voice is featherlight and tingly like the soft chime of a bell, but the older girl knows that it’s merely to disguise her own uncertainty. “I’m gonna bruise at this rate from how tightly you’re gripping me. Just relax.”

 

Her girlfriend forces out a shaky huff. “Says the idiot who still hasn’t let go of my hips. I can’t even feel my legs now…”

 

Lisa only laughs, hands still clutching her hips as their skating blades clink together. It only made the already antsy chipmunk panic and pull at Lisa in a moment of desperation, closing what very little distance is left between them.

 

“! Lisa!”

 

The Thai rolls her eyes, grumbling under her breath because she can barely skate in this position — not that she could really skate much beforehand — but there’s something about the weight of Chaeyoung’s chin hooked onto her shoulder that makes Lisa acquiesce easily.

 

“I can’t feel my legs either.” Lisa hums.

 

With an indignant groan, Chaeyoung drops the hand that was clinging onto Lisa’s shoulder and pinches her thigh. It earns her a small yelp from the younger girl.

 

“Aren’t you cold, though? Those jeans look awfully thin to wear out on ice.”

 

“I’m fine, Chae. Don’t worry your pretty, little head about it!”

 

Her cheeks feel pleasantly warm against the cool skin of Chaeyoung’s neck.

 

“You take such good care of me…” Lisa lets out a content sigh, nuzzling her like a kitten would, and Chaeyoung feels her cheeks growing equally warm (if not more) from the affection.

 

Of course. Why wouldn’t I?

 

Chaeyoung closes her eyes and enjoys the chill breeze of passing winds over flushed skin. The blades of her skating wear glide smoothly over the sheet of ice as she allows herself to feel Lisa around her. Long, lean arms belt around her waist, and wandering fingers skirt upwards to curl into the insulated fabric of her cream-colored parka.

 

Despite all of her initial complaints, Chaeyoung doesn’t really mind. Her clothes are just thick enough that she could feel the persistent dig of Lisa’s fingers in them. A firm, grounding pressure hinting at the power behind her slender figure.

 

“Chae, watch out!” Lisa calls out in alarm, and her eyes shoot open instantly. “You’re about to bump into that little kid!”

 

, ! Turn! How do you turn again?!

 

Chaeyoung panics once more. But, to her immense relief, her legs instinctively kick out so they can swerve right — just barely grazing the poor boy who faceplants in the middle of the huge ice rink.

 

. That was close!

 

“Your breath is tickling me.” Lisa takes a jab at her anxiousness radiating off of Chaeyoung in waves with a hearty laugh.

 

Chaeyoung glares at the half-monkey, half-annoying girl she considers to be the love of her life, who is now shooting her a dumb grin. Huffing once more, the Aussie angles her head to steal a glance at the disoriented boy still struggling to regain his footing.

 

“That was also you not ten minutes ago, Lis.”

 

“Mean!” Lisa whines. “I didn’t fall face-first into the ice like he did!”

 

“Uh, no. You were literally flailing around like a daddy long legs in a tub before falling straight down the drain.” Chaeyoung punctuates this with a lot more sarcasm than she intended, all to disguise her earlier worry back then.

 

See, when Chaeyoung had looked away for a few seconds before turning to face her girlfriend again, Lisa was already on the ground with a pout on her lips and quivering eyes on the verge of tears. Chaeyoung nearly had a heart attack right then and there, tugging Lisa along by the collar of her coat as she skated them both towards the exit of the rink. She didn’t even bother to help the younger girl back up, so Lisa just slid across the ice on her ; a sullen pout still glued to the Thai’s face as she crossed her arms across her chest like a petulant child and let herself be dragged away.

 

After much fussing, kissing, and amending that Lisa should at least wear knee pads just in case she falls down again and lands on her bruised knee by accident, Chaeyoung eventually allowed her clumsy girlfriend to get back on the ice provided that she doesn’t let go of her.

 

Lisa didn’t mind at all.

 

“Whose terrible idea was this, anyway?” Chaeyoung complains. She directs the two of them to a more cleared-up portion of the ice rink before continuing along.

 

“Mmm… Jisoo-unnie and Jennie-unnie.”

 

“Right.”

 

Of course, it was Jisoo and Jennie’s idea. Chaeyoung remembers Lisa practically murdering her poor doorbell at nine in the morning — way too early for a sleep-deprived college student to start waking up in the middle of winter break — with that bright and gleefully innocent “Chaeyoungieeeee~!” reverberating through her (otherwise) blissfully quiet dorm. Whenever Lisa uses that tone of voice with her, it usually means she wants something.

 

The grumpy chipmunk just pulled the blankets tighter around herself and snuggled back into the cocoon she had made out of them, resolved to just ignore her girlfriend’s obnoxiously loud voice piercing through the wood of her door as she tried to go back to sleep.

 

But she swears that Lisa is actually a daddy long legs in human form, because the younger girl had somehow managed to crawl into her room like the lovable pest she is by (what Chaeyoung presumed) charming the elderly lady next door before climbing onto Chaeyoung’s balcony from right across her terrace.

 

“Chae! Chae! Let’s go ice skating today!” Lisa beamed while holding up a pair of tickets to a bleary Chaeyoung, who mourned the departure of what was supposed to be a peaceful day-off.

 

“Ice skating.” Chaeyoung deadpanned.

 

“Yeah! Ice skating!” Lisa chirped.

 

“Lis, honey, do you even know how to skate?”

 

“Nope!”

 

“Oh my God.”

 

Hell ing no. Chaeyoung wasn’t going to do this nor was she going to mention how she somewhat learned to skate after getting pushed into the center of a frozen pond and being promptly abandoned there.

 

Thankfully, she managed to find her way back onto land; wobbling and slipping back towards solid ground like a goofy cartoon character to the applause of her very amused family who, by the way, thought it was all just so funny. Chaeyoung picked up on some tricks that day (namely, how to take revenge on her no-good cousins Bang Chan and Felix for this mess) but also skating. It surely didn’t qualify for a teaching license, but she hadn’t cared since.

 

Which leads them to where they are right now.

 

“Jisoo-unnie fell sick ‘cuz she kept staying up really late to play video games, and now Jennie-unnie has to take care of her. They didn’t want the tickets to go to waste, so they just gave them to me instead! But poor Jisoo-unnie… I hope she feels better soon.”

 

Oh, Jisoo is going to be a dead unnie once Chaeyoung gets her hands on her.

 

And that’s how the older girl was rudely awakened from her pleasant sleep to spend a winter’s day with her ever-optimistic girlfriend at the local ice rink.

 

“Chae!” Lisa giggles, and it breaks Chaeyoung out of her momentary vexation.

 

Narrowing her eyes slightly, the Aussie tries to decipher the scheming look behind those mischievous eyes. “What’s up?”

 

“You’re touching my .”

 

Okay. First of all, Chaeyoung was not touching her on purpose. Just to make it clear, her hand simply drifted down when she had yanked Lisa out of the way. Second of all, she doesn’t intentionally go palming Lisa’s without shame. She’s a good Christian girl, for God’s sake!

 

“My Chaeyoungie is so .”

 

“Say that again, and I’m gonna smack you.”

 

“Ooh. Punish me, please.”

 

“What the Hell, Lisa?”

 

“Bend me over and spank me until I’m red and sore.”

 

“Okay, you know what? you.”

 

“Yessss…” Lisa breathes out. “ me.”

 

Chaeyoung groans out loud while Lisa just laughs in her face. She then removes her (not) offending hand to flick Lisa on the forehead. She misses, however, because the Thai jerks her head away just in time to avoid her little attack with another giggle. That’s when Chaeyoung’s skates slip forward to bump into Lisa’s, sending them both in a tumble to the sidelines where they slide across the ice in a bundle of tangled limbs and loud squeals.

 

“Ugh.” Chaeyoung grumbles as she holds onto Lisa and digs her blades into the ice sheet, stopping the back-way skid before they end up crashing into the barrier behind them. She adjusts herself quickly and braces her arm against the wall to avoid crushing Lisa. “You okay, babe?”

 

“Y-Yeah…” Lisa mutters, sounding a bit woozy from the tumble.

 

Chaeyoung frowns in concern and proceeds to gently rub the part of Lisa’s head that has bumped into the barrier. The younger girl whines softly, making little noises that would’ve easily been mistaken as sensual in any other circumstances.

 

“I’m alright, Chae. Thanks. But more importantly…”

 

The dazed look in Lisa’s eyes is suddenly replaced with one resembling her mischief from earlier.

 

“… I didn’t mean me right now.”

 

Chaeyoung glares at Lisa for a good several seconds before turning her gaze downwards. There, she realizes that when she had braced herself against Lisa, her knee somehow slotted herself between her girlfriend’s legs and is now positioned suggestively.

 

Right in the center of Lisa’s thighs.

 

“Umma, what are they doing?” A little girl’s voice can be heard from somewhere beside them.

 

“Don’t look, Haeyeon-ah. Just keep skating.” Her mother advises while carefully steering her bemused daughter elsewhere.

 

Immediately, Chaeyoung’s face turns a bright shade of red as she pivots on her heel to exclaim. “W-We just fell! I swear!”

 

Her protest, however, is largely undermined by the fact that Lisa freaking Manoban has stilled her hands all over Chaeyoung. So, when the latter spins around to face her again, Lisa ends up being draped over her back in a rather intimate position that leaves no room for Jesus.

 

Dammit, Lisa!

 

Her giant spawn of Satan then chuckles into her ear, and it sends a pleasant thrill down her spine. “Quite the exhibitionist, aren’t you, Chae?” Her voice is dangerously low and teasing. “Naughty chipmunk.”

 

“Argh! Lisa!” Chaeyoung screams, her plump cheeks aflame in a furious blush. “You’re the one who dragged me on top of you!”

 

Lisa gasps. “Babe! How could you?!” She has the audacity to sound scandalized with a hand placed over her chest, eyes wide in dramatic shock. “You’re the one who nearly took my innocence against the wall!”

 

Lord, help her. Because Chaeyoung wants to strangle her pretty, little neck right now. “And since when, pray tell, were you ever innocent?”

 

“Weeeell, if you’re talking about first times… Since the day you pinned me down in the changing room right after dance practice once everyone left, and then you took my—”

 

Her words fall short under the uncharacteristic death glare of Chaeyoung’s eyes boring deep into her very soul, so Lisa just smiles in a mix of nervousness and good humor. She’s not gonna kill me in front of all these children, is she? The younger girl sweats inwardly.

 

“Like you weren’t parading your around the gym with those painfully tight shorts that violate every single dress code in the university’s handbook.” Chaeyoung retorts with a cocked brow.

 

“Miss Park Chaeyoung!” Lisa squawks. “How could you victim shame your girlfriend like that?!”

 

“Like you were ever a victim.”

 

“Hmm, true. But you still enjoyed it, anyway!”

 

“I hate you.”

 

Lisa has the gall to laugh this time. “No, you don’t. You love me, Chae.”

 

Chaeyoung tries to smash her head against Lisa, who’s had enough experience by now to dodge the incoming attack. The older girl just slightly nicks her temple, following the downward trajectory so she can bury her face in the crook of Lisa’s neck to muffle her scream.

 

Lisa simply rubs soothing circles into Chaeyoung’s lower back and kisses the tip of her reddening ear, smiling all the while as she holds her flustered girlfriend close.

 

“You’re right.”

 

“About what?” Lisa asks curiously.

 

Chaeyoung nuzzles her neck, lips brushing softly against Lisa’s warm skin as they curve upwards into a shy smile.

 

“I do love you.”

 

 

The following day, Lisa peers up from her mug of hot chocolate to see the exaggerated march of a fuming Park Chaeyoung heading towards their usual spot at their favorite cafe. There’s a murderous glint in her eyes, and her perfectly trimmed brows are knitted together into a prominent scowl.

 

“Babe, we need to kill Jisoo-unnie and Jennie-unnie.” Chaeyoung announces upon arrival, and Lisa barely has the chance to utter a question before a phone is shoved in her face.

 

It takes a couple of seconds for her eyes to register what the older girl is pertaining to. And when they finally focus on the screen, she finds a string of texts between Chaeyoung and Jisoo.

 

MC Chu [10:12 AM]

What did you two do in the changing room? ಠ_ಠ

 

Lisa almost spills her drink. Well, —

 

Rosie Pasta [10:16 AM]

Is this how you say good morning to your precious dongsaeng, unnie? Q-Q

And wdym?

Changing room??

 

MC Chu [10:18 AM]

The “precious” part is VERY questionable now…

I meant the changing room on the 5th floor, the one next to the practice room

I got a distress message from Seulgi to disinfect the whole place

When I asked why, she literally said “don’t ask”

 

MC Chu [10:19 AM]

Yeri was with her and when she asked, Seul said “you’ll learn when you’re older”

Is there something your unnies should know? (¬_¬)

 

MC Chu [10:24 AM]

Yah! Park Chaeyoung!

Don’t you dare start ghosting your beloved unnie now! >:l

Or I’m gonna send Jendeukie over there to demand answers from both of you!!

 

“And guess who I just saw walking around campus this morning?” Chaeyoung’s voice is now dripping with venom. “Those idiots were totally spying on us, Lis! Sick my !”

 

After reading through all of the messages with furrowed brows, Lisa looks back at her scowling girlfriend and speaks up with equal levels of lethality.

 

“Are there any body bags in their size?” She asks connivingly.

 

Chaeyoung gives her a sly, little smirk. “They won’t be needing body bags once we’re done with them.”

 

 

 

 

 


Author's Note: I keep forgetting this account exists, lmao.

Sorry if I haven't updated in months, I'm usually more active on my main. I do have other ChaeLisa one-shots in the drafts, so I'll try to continue them. Thanks for reading, btw.