Chapter Three

Faded Star

Chapter Three

 

Shin Woo, Jeremy, Coordinator Wang, and President Ahn were seated in the private reserve area in the restaurant. They were having a decent conversation

Coordinator Wang glanced over at the entrance as if she was expecting someone to come walking in while checking the time on her watch every few minutes.

"What's taking him so long," She folded her arms and angrily muttered, staring down at the table.

Shin woo, who seated across from her, noticed her upset expression and asked. "Is there something wrong?"

She quickly glanced up at Shin woo, who was staring at her. "It's nothing, just wondering why Manager Ma was running late since he told me that it wouldn't take him that long to meet up with Go Mi Nam".

"Probably something came up that cause them to be late," Shin woo reasoned when his cell phone rang. "Sorry," He looked down at his pocket and pulled out his cellphone, staring at the caller ID that show Go Mi Nam's number on it.

He immediately answered the call, placing the cell phone to his ear. "Hello? Go Mi Nam?"

"Shin Woo...," He heard Go Mi Nam's voice said and paused. It was silent on the phone and it made Shin woo wondered what was going on. He could tell something was wrong from Go Mi Nam's tone.

"Go Mi Nam, what's going on? Is everything alright?" 

Shin Woo's questioning and worried tone got everyone attention on him. They were wondering what was going on and if the call was urgent.

"Go Mi Nam, are you still there?" Shin woo asked again when Go Mi Nam didn't replied.

"Yes, I'm still here," Go Mi Nam's voice replied before it got silence again on the phone for a second. Then Go Mi Nam's voice speak again. "Shin Woo..., There was a car accident".

Shin woo sat up straight in his seat and his eyes widen from what he heard on the phone. "A car accident?"

"What?" He heard Jeremy's voice beside him said in confused.

He looked across at Coordinator Wang, who became concern when she heard what he just said. Then he looked over at President Ahn and Jeremy who wore the same expression as Coordinator Wang.

Wanting to know more about what's going on, Shin Woo returned back to his phone call with Go Mi Nam. "What happened? Are you alright?"

"I'm fine, Shin Woo. It's not me, It's...," Go Mi Nam's voice replied, but paused again.

"Go Mi Nam? Who is hurt?" Shin woo asked, anxious to know.  

He heard Go Mi Nam sighed before continuing what he couldn't bring himself to say.  "It's Tae Kyung. He was in a car accident and is now in the emergency room in critical condition. You and Jeremy need to come to the hospital immediately. I will explain more detail about what happen when you guys arrive to the hospital".

"We'll be right there soon," Shin Woo said before he hung up. He slowly lowered his cell phone down in shock by the news he just heard, putting his cell phone away in his pocket.

"Shin woo, what's going on? Who's in the car accident," President Ahn demanded to know.

"Is it Manager Ma and Go Mi Nam," Coordinator Wang asked in concern.

"No, it's not them," Shin woo stood up from his seat and looked over at Jeremy, who stood up with President Ahn and Coordinator Wang.

"Tae Kyung was in a car accident and is in critical condition at the hospital. We need to go there now," He told everyone 

Coordinator Wang gasped and covered with her hands while Jeremy and President Ahn were shocked by the news.

All four of them immediately rushed out of the restaurant and got into the van.

"To the hospital," President Ahn instructed the driver after he got into the passenger seat in the van.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Go Mi Nam was standing outside the emergency room waiting for any updates on Tae Kyung's condition.

"Please be alright," He muttered over and over again to himself. 

If something bad happen to Tae Kyung, how is he going to explain it to his sister, who probably wondering why Tae Kung haven't call or message her.

He brushed his hand through his hair in frustration thinking about his sister and how she would react if she know about this situation.

"It's him!" a girl's voice suddenly exclaimed, interrupting his thoughts.

He looked over to see two nurse rushing over to him with their cellphones and notebooks in their hands.

"Are you Go Mi Nam?" One of the nurse asked him.

Go Mi Nam sighed in annoyed and nodded instead of answering.

"See I told you it is him!" the nurse that questioned him told the other nurse that was standing beside her. "Can we have your autograph please?" She and the other nurse pushed the notebook against his chest and held the pen toward him.

"Seriously? At a time like this?" Go Mi Nam thought. "Fine! Let's get this over with!"  He grabbed one of the pen and signed both notebooks and then gave the pen back to the nurse.

"Thank you and can we take a picture with you?" The other nurse asked him.

Go Mi Nam pursed his lips in annoyance and was about to agree to get it over with so that they would leave him alone when a woman's voice suddenly spoke up.

"That's enough!"

He looked passed the two nurses to see another nurse approached up to the two nurse from behind, glaring at them. The two nurse turned around to looked at the nurse that was standing behind them.

"It's not the right time for this kind of behavior!" The nurse scolded the two nurse.  "You two should be working instead of getting autograph or taking pictures".

"But...," One of the nurse started to say but got cut off.

"No buts! Apologize and get back to work." the nurse ordered the two nurse.

The two nurse turned around to looked at Go Mi Nam. "I'm sorry," they apologized.

Go Mi Nam nodded to accept their apology and watched as they bowed their head to the nurse, who had scolded them. Then they left and went back to work. 

After the two nurse left, Go Mi Nam turned and looked at the nurse, who was still standing in front of him.

"If I have to take a guess, I'm saying that you're their boss even though you look young," He said.

"Your guess is correct," the nurse smile warmly at him. "I'm sorry about them. You shouldn't have to be dealing with them especially with the circumstance you are in right now".

"It's okay but thanks for your help," Go Mi Nam said to the nurse.

"No problem. I should be going now so I'm going to leave you alone," the nurse said and was about to leave when Go Mi Nam grabbed her arm, stopping her.

"Wait!"

She turned and looked at him a bit confused by his action.

"Can you tell me how Tae Kyung is?" He asked her.

"Tae Kyung?" The nurse blinks her eyes confused for a second but quickly understood and recognize the name. "You mean the new patient that was brought in a few minute ago?"

Go Mi Nam nodded and let go of the nurse's arm.

"He's still in the emergency room. There's no update on his condition yet but it won't be long until the doctor come out and tell you on your friend condition," She reassured him.

"Thank you and what is your name if you don't mind I ask?"

"You're welcome and my name is Aria," the nurse told him. "Is there anything else I can help you with?"

Go Mi Nam shook his head. "No and thank you Aria".

Aria nodded and left down the hallway to check on the patients she was assigned to.

Go Mi Nam looked back at the emergency room wondering how much longer until the doctor come out from it.

"Go Mi Nam!" He heard Manager Ma's voice called out to him and looked over to see Manager Ma running over to him.

"How is he?" Manager Ma asked as he stopped in front of Go Mi Nam.

Go Mi Nam shook his head. "I don't know," He looked at Manager Ma. "How is the drivers and Mo Hwa Ran?"

"Mo Hwa Ran suffered a few bruises, scratch, and dislocated shoulder, but she's going to be fine. Her driver was knock unconscious but was saved by the airbag that was deployed during the collision so he's going to be okay as well. As for the 18-wheeler driver, he's giving his statement to the police and is paying for the damage including the hospital fees". Manager Ma explained and Go Mi Nam nodded with understanding.

Manager Ma stared at the emergency room worryingly, wondering about Tae Kyung's condition.

"What did the 18-wheeler driver told you about the accident?" Go MI Nam asked the question that have been lingering in his mind.

 "He told me that he saw Mo Hwa Ran's driver car swirled into his lane and he wasn't able to stop in time to avoid the collision. I also spoke to a woman who had witnessed the accident. She told me that Mo Hwa Ran's driver was trying to avoid her daughter, who ran out into the middle of the road chasing after her ball," Manger Ma answered.

"Was the girl okay?" Go Mi Nam asked.

"Yeah, she's fine and unharmed," Manager Ma assured. "But right now I'm worrying about Tae Kyung condition and how Mi Nyu will feel if she know about this".

"That's why we can't tell her," Go Mi Nam told him.

"But I don't think...," Manager Ma started to protested but Go Mi Nam cut him off.

"No! We can't tell her," Go Mi Nam insisted.

"Then when can we tell her if you don't mind I ask?" Manager Ma asked.

"I want to know about Tae Kyung condition first before we tell her". 

Manager Ma sighed and gave in. "Fine, I will support your decision".

"Thank you," Go Mi Nam said to Manager Ma, who nodded and pulled something out from his pocket. "Here," he gave it to Go Mi Nam, who took it and stared at it.

"A cell phone?" Go Mi Nam stared at the cell phone in his hand and then at Manager Ma confused.

"It's Tae Kyung's cell phone," Manager Ma said more specifically. "I went back to the wrecked car to see if there was anything left behind while waiting for the ambulance to arrived. I found it and took it before the media and the ambulance arrived to the scene. Why don't you hold on to it until Tae Kyung wake up and you can give it back to him?". He suggested.

"Okay," Go Mi Nam agreed and put Tae Kyung's cell phone away in his pocket.

"Here's your jacket," Manager Ma gave the jacket to Go Mi Nam. who took it. "You should wear it to cover the blood stain on your shirt. People might assume you're hurt".

Go Mi Nam put the jacket on. "Well, there were assumption earlier when I brought Tae Kyung in". He pointed out. "So, did the media arrive to the scene?"

Manager Ma nodded. "The news about Mo Hwa Ran got into a car accident is on the news on TV. Only her and her driver along with the 18-wheeler were mention in the news. I made sure the 18-wheeler doesn't mentioned anything about Tae Kyung being there".

"That's good," Go Mi Nam said in relieved.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Mo Hwa Ran woke up confused and looked around the room. She immediately notices that she was in a room at the hospital. Suddenly, the memory of the car accident came back to her and she remembered what happened.

"Watch out!" She remembered hearing herself shouting at her driver to avoid hitting the young girl, who ran out into the middle of the road all sudden, chasing after a red ball. Then she turned her head to the side and saw her son's eyes widen and realization dawn to him. Everything then went in slow motion and the last thing she saw and heard was her son yelling. "Mother!" before he lunged himself at her to shielded her and protected her from harm.

"Tae Kyung!" She swiftly sat up in bed and regret it when she felt her shoulder throbbing in pain. She clutched her bandage shoulder and winces in pain.

"Take it easy," A nurses beside her bed turned toward her to stopped her from moving further and helped her lay back down in her hospital bed. "Your shoulder was dislocated from the car accident. You also have cut and bruises on your arms and forehead so you need to rest to recover from your injuries and to help your shoulder heal".

"How's everyone else?" Mo Hwa Ran asked the nurse.

"You're lucky that you and your driver is still alive. Both of you are going to be alright," The nurse told her, but that was not what she had wanted to know.

Right now her mind was thinking about her son, wondering how he is and if he's alright.

"You should get some rest," the nurse recommended to her and then left the room.

How can she get some rest when she doesn't know how her son is? If he's still alive or not. Feeling frustrated and in need for answers, she tossed the blanket aside and tried to get up to leave when a female doctor entered into the room.

"What are you doing?" the female doctor asked and rushed over to stopped Mo Hwa Ran from moving and getting off the hospital bed. "You shouldn't be moving around".

"But I need to know," Mo Hwa Ran argued, refusing to stay in her hospital bed.

"I can help with what you want to know if you tell me what it is," the female doctor told her, which got her to stopped moving and stay in her hospital bed. "What would you like to know that you are in a hurry to get out of your bed despise the condition you are in?"

Mo Hwa Ran grabbed the female doctor's arm. "I want to know about Tae Kyung condition. Please tell me," She pleaded.

"Tae Kyung?" The female doctor said in a bit confused. "Well, he's not one of my patients but I can find out about his condition from his doctor for you," she reassured.

"Thank you so much," Mo Hwa Ran said in relieved. "I appreciate your help".

"I don't know why you want to know but to help your mind be at ease, I'm willing to help without questioning your concern," The female doctor told Mo Hwa Ran. "If I'm going to help you, you need to promise me that you will not leave your bed until you're fully recovered". She added and Mo Hwa Ran nodded in agreement.

"Thank you," Mo Hwa Ran said once more to the female doctor, who nodded and left the room.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jeremy was pacing back and forth feeling anxious to know about Tae Kyung condition. He, Shin Woo, Coordinator Wang, and President Ahn had arrived to the hospital an hour ago and had met up with Manger Ma and Go Mi Nam, who explained everything to them. They are now waiting in the waiting room on Tae Kyung's condition.

"What is taking so long?!" Jeremy yelled in frustration.

"Jeremy...," Manager Ma walked over to Jeremy to calm him but got ignored.

"No," Jeremy shook his head. "He could be dying in there and we don't know how bad his injuries are!"

"How is your yelling helping with this situation?!" Go Mi Nam argued. "And stop walking back and forth! It's giving me a headache!"

"Guys, keep your voice down. This is a hospital," President Ahn said to Go Mi Nam and Jeremy while Coordinator Wang grabbed their arms and pulled them away from each other before it escalated into a fight.

"Sorry," Jeremy and Go Mi Nam apologizes at the same time and Coordinator Wang released her grip on their arms.

"I'm sure it won't be long until we find out about Tae Kyung condition," Manager Ma assured everyone.

Shin woo looked around and notices the door of the emergency room started to open. "I think we are about to find out right now," He said.

Everyone turn their heads toward the emergency room and saw a tired female doctor emerged out from it. Her expression was grim. They rushed over to the female doctor who saw them.

"I'm doctor Ha-rin," the female doctor introduces herself and looked over at the group. " Who is the family of Tae Kyung?" She asked.

"We are," all six of them replied.

"You are all Tae Kyung family?" Ha-rin asked with uncertainly on whether she should believe them or not.

"I'm Tae Kyung's brother in law," Go Mi Nam said all sudden and everyone looked at him in surprised. "How's Tae Kyung and is he going to be okay?"

Ha -rin seem to believe Go Mi Nam and proceed telling them about Tae Kyung's condition. "He was in critical condition when he arrived here. He has a broken leg and arm along with a major head injury. His pulse was very weak and we nearly lost him for a second but we were able to save him so he's in stable condition. Currently, we are moving him to the recovery room where we will monitor him".

"Will he be alright?" President Ahn asked.

"Right now, he's in a coma," Ha-rin replied.

"Do you know when he will wake up?" Jeremy asked.

Ha-rin shook her head. "Sorry, It all depend on him so all we can do now is wait patiently," She assures them with a smile to comfort them.

"Thank you, doctor. Is it alright if we can go see him?" Shin woo asked for himself and for the others.

"Sure, you can go see him," Ha-rin agreed. "I'll show you the room he's in". She guided everyone to followed her down the hall to the room where Tae Kyung was resting in.

When they arrive to Tae Kyung's hospital room, Ha-rin turned to looked at everyone and gestured them to go in.

Everyone went inside except for Go Mi Nam who stay behind with Ha-rin.

"Is there something wrong?" Ha-rin asked when she noticed Go Mi Nam didn't went in the room with the others.

"There is something that I would like to discuss with you," Go Mi Nam said to Ha-rin, who nodded for him to continue. "I'm pretty sure you know about Tae Kyung is the leader of A.N Jell that fans loved and admired".

"I'm aware of that," Ha-rin admitted. "But I still don't know what you're trying to tell me".

"I was hoping that you would keep Tae Kyung condition a secret. I don't want reporters to find out about this nor want it to be on the news". Go Mi Nam explained.

Ha-rin smiled warmly. "I can assure you that as a doctor, any information regards to my patient will not be release to anyone. Only family member has access to it. I will also be informing the nurse that will be assign to watch and take care of Tae Kyung to be secretive".

Go Mi Nam smiled, knowing that he can trust Ha-rin. "Thank you," He said to her and then walked into Tae Kyung's room 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Everyone was surrounded by Tae Kyung's bed. Tae Kyung was lying on the hospital bed, an IV in his arm and a oxygen mask covering his nose and mouth. He looked pale and weak with cuts and bruises on his face and arms. There was a white bandage covering his injured head.

Jeremy rested his hands on the hospital bed rail and carefully leaned over to looked at Tae Kyung's face. "Hyung, please wake up and tell us that you're going to be okay," He pleaded. "We should have stay with him. If we did, then this wouldn't happen," He said, blaming himself.

"It's not your fault. No one knew this would happen," President Ahn comforted Jeremy.

Shin woo placed a hand on Jeremy's shoulder. "Don't worry, Tae Kyung is strong and will get through this," he assured his friend.

Jeremy looked over at Shin woo, knowing that he's right. He should believe that Tae Kyung would wake up and recovered soon.

Without saying a word, he looked back at Tae Kyung's unconscious face and pray silently.

Manager Ma, who seems to have something on his mind, turned to looked at Go Mi Nam. He tapped Go Mi Nam's shoulder. Go Mi Nam turned to looked at him.

"Why did you lied to the doctor?" He asked all of sudden and everyone looked over at him.

Go Mi Nam stared at Manager Ma a bit confused. "What? What did I lied about to the doctor about?"

"Go Mi Nam!" Jeremy went over to Go Mi Nam and scolded him. "You said that you were Tae Kyung's brother in law which mean you are preferring that Mi Nyu is Tae Kyung's wife. How dare you do that?!"

"Yah! It's not like I wanted to lied to the doctor," Go Mi Nam argues. "Beside, if I didn't lied, the doctor wouldn't tell me about Tae Kyung condition". He pointed out.

Coordinator sighed and scolded them, "Aish, you two knock it off before we get kick out for the commotion. Go Mi Nam only lied to find out about Tae Kyung condition so there no need to make a big deal out of it. How are we going to explain about Tae Kyung disappearance if the reporters or the fans ask?" She asked and everyone looked at her.

"We need to come up with a plan for this situation," President Ahn suggested and sighed. "Just think how the fan would react if they know about this."

"That's why we can't let them or the media know about Tae Kyung condition. We need to keep him safe for the time well being". Go Mi Nam seriously said.

"Go Mi Nam is right," Coordinator Wang agreed. "So what happen here stay here and we all must remain secretive until Tae Kyung wake up".

"But what about Mi Nyu? Should we let her know?" Jeremy asked and Go Mi Nam looked at him, realizing that he have forgotten about telling his sister because he was worried about Tae Kyung condition.

Telling Go Mi Nyu about her boyfriend situation would devastated her that she would literally dropped everything and come back to Korea. He can't do it and tell her especially when he doesn't know whether Tae Kyung would wake up or not.

"No, we can't tell my sister yet. Not when we don't know how Tae Kyung is," Go Mi Nam replied.

"Go Mi Nam is right," Shin woo agreed. "Let's just wait until Tae Kyung's condition improve then we can tell her when the time is right".

"But what if she called and ask about him?" Coordinator Wang asked.

"Then we will just tell her that he left to visit a relative and place there has no phone reception," Go Mi Nam replied. "Let's just hope she believe it for a while until Tae Kyung wake up".

Shin Woo, Jeremy, Coordinator Wang, Manager Ma and President Ahn nodded in agreement.

Everyone stared at Tae Kyung silently thinking to themselves.

All they can do now is pray and hope that Tae Kyung would make it and wake up soon.




 

To Be Continued

The next chapter will continue where the first chapter left off with Go Mi Nam telling Go Mi Nyu what happened with Tae Kyung.