C H O I Y E N A

The Star's Sorrow [ Yenjin ]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

"Yena, it's Choi Yena"
 

 

Yena stated her name for the second time before patting the furry head. Yena was so nervous. Although it was her third dog after Bibi and Ganjang, it felt new.

Honestly Yena was a simple soul. She saw a lost dog, behind the bushes. Eyes full of loneliness in the garden that bloomed hundred of thorns. Thorns of roses.

Roses and a golden retriever ? Not a cool combination, Yena thought.

Rain was pouring before Yena went down for a walk, that was probably why she smudged with mud and leaves. 
 

 

"wanna come home?" 
 

 

Yena asked. Honestly it was stupid of Yena to ask that to a dog but that was not really a question. Instead, it was actually, "you're safe with me".

There wasn't any tag on the dog.

Yena hugged the dirty golden retriever. The mud stained Yena's white shirt underneath her black hoodie but Yena didn't care.

Honestly Yena probably looks like home at that moment, because the golden buddy off the mud on Yena's knee. 
 

 

"you're so sweet, let's go home and meet Ganjang"
 

 

Yena took the big golden buddy home, she didn't have to drag her, buddy willingly followed her home.

Yena's mom wasn't please to be honest, because buddy was three times bigger than Ganjang. Ganjang was at door, waiting for Yena, not to expect a new friend, she started to bark.

So loud. Did Ganjang hate the new buddy? or simply because buddy wasn't a simple dog ? 
 

 

"hey, hey.. don't worry, she's nice"

"I promise you"
 

 

Yena had to hug Ganjang for awhile, to assure her that it's okay, that it's going to be fine.
 

 

"come on, let's clean up"
 

 

Yena brought her new buddy into the bathroom. Golden buddy behaved too well to be exact, she sat on the cold bathroom floor and she was so... quiet.

Too quiet that Yena was scared to let the water touch the golden fur. Scared that she might bark out of nowhere.

But she didn't. She was nice. She was.. quiet. As the her fur started to get wet, the gold became more clear, brighter and warmer. 
 

 

"woah"

"you're so... handsome"

"I should kiss you.. would you turn into a prince ?"
 

 

Yena laughed at her own nonsense and of course, the dog remained.. quiet.
 

 

"I've been single for years since I broke up with Yuri"

"you should turn into a prince and save me buddy"
 

 

Yena grabbed the towel to dry the gold buddy's fur. That was when she started to bark, so loud. But it didn't sound like she was angry. It sounds more like a "thank you, I love you".

Yena placed dogs food and of course in two different bowls. While Ganjang came running to her bowl, the new gold buddy just remained...quiet...beside the couch, she didn't move even an inch.

Yena went to her. Yena patted her head. Yena brushed her neck. Yena rubbed her ears. Yena was about to ask why but her mom interrupt her "dog lover moments".
 

 

"Yena, are you going to bring her with you to Seoul ?"

"your apartment wouldn't let animals in remember ?"

"and I'm not gonna babysit another dog besides Ganjang"
 

 

Yena sighed, but not too much, because it was her mom. 
 

 

"I know"

"I think I will bring her and drop her at the Kwonchaeng's dance studio"

"I think they wouldn't mind"

"after all, Yuehua paid the monthly subscriptions for me to practice there"

"I can always see her there even if I leave her there"
 

 

Yena went back to the untouched bowl of dog food and brought the bowl to the new buddy.
 

 

"eat"

"you look.. so lost"

"you must be hungry"
 

 

Gold didn't eat, lol. She was just.. staring...at Yena. Her eyes were so .. lost. Yena pitied her. That was when Ganjang came.

Ganjang pushed the bowl closer to new dog with her feet. It was like a warm "welcome" from Ganjang to be honest and Yena didn't remember Ganjang being that friendly before.

In the end, she ate it, and Yena was glad.

Yena patted the gold's head.
 

 

"tomorrow you're coming with me"

"I'll give you a new home"
 

 

but of course Yena didn't call Chaeyeon before making a decision on her own. Not at Chaeyeon and Yena bickering in front of the dance studio.
 

 

"NO"

"but Chaeyeon, LOOK AT HER SHE'S SO HANDSOME, HOW COULD YOU-"

"Yena this is a dance studio, not a dog hotel"

"THIS IS WHY I LOVE EUNBI MORE THAN YOU-"

"Hello excuse me, I asked Eunbi and she was yelling at me through the phone"

"you both meanies!!"

"I'm sorry Yena but you can't leave her here. There's no one that could look after her at night" 
 

 

Yena went silence because Chaeyeon was right. It's wrong to leave her new buddy there. Yena had no choice.
 

 

"The , why am I doing this ? "

" I'll pay you "

" do you know how dangerous is this to my career if we get caught ?"

" smuggling a dog into a building wouldn't do anything to your career stupid, it's not a drug, now be quiet or we would really get caught"

" Unnie, smuggling a dog under this dress for pregnant woman would ruined my career if we get caught because I'M AN IDOL, I'M NOT SUPPOSED TO BE PREGNANT"

" oh my god just shut up Minjoo "
 

 

Yes, that was a snip from the bickering moments between Minjoo who was distinguishing as a pregnant lady with a dog under her dress and Yena who was wearing her dad's suit and some wig, playing the role as Minjoo's husband.

As soon as Yena opened

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter